400W HPS vs 400W Mars LED

The Mars Hydro Reflector series are 5 watt diodes from most warehouses now, so you can get a 96x5 for less than the Mars II 400.
Check out the Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion
You could start out with one and buy a second after your first grow.

400 w MH/HPS would definitely get you decent results in that size area.

I think 6-7 plants might get crowded, but if you keep them small you should be able to manage 9 or even more.

Happy growing:thumb:

Those seven plants can be practically any size you want them to be so yes you can grow seven small-medium size plants in that area.
I think a 400 watt would work ok for that area, which is about 3'x 3' . But I would get a dimmable 600 for that area given the choice because it will definitely be better- more than 'ok'. I have one that has the following settings- 300,400,600, and 650 watts. It takes both mh and hps bulbs.

Thanks a lot Purple Gun, I will check it out!

@Waselcracker, when you say dimmable, it is a blast that can work on different settings? Like you wrote 300, 400, 600 and 650. ?Thanks

Unfortunately the shop over here (the only shop over here that sells growing stuff) doesnt have dimmable balast. :\

Im in the Eastern Europe, non EU country. Our country asks for 40-70% TAX on every imported good that cost above 70 euros... So it might go way out of my budget...

Probably best to stick with the local shop then. What do they have for lighting? Tell us your options.
Reality is- people have been growing just fine with hid lights for decades. If you can't get a high quality led, or a digital ballast, just get a regular 600 or 400 hps ballast. It will work perfectly well. You can use it for veg if necessary but cfls or regular flourescents will work great and use less power. No need to make it too complicated for yourself. (Sounds like your government already does that for you)

This is their balast offer Kompleti they only have 400 and 1000 at the moment. These are the cfl offers CFL / Fluorescentna
I would go with cfls if u guys suggest it, i mainly read about hps and leds but if cfls can do the job it would do great. I could afford two 200w and one 125w, or maybe even three 200w. They sell blue and red ones. What do you think?
Hope the admins dont delete the post bcs of the links, trust me guys this shop is probly one of the worst in the world. Plus they dont ship products out of serbia, and dont have online payments.

Thanks Weasel! I really appriciate everomyobe helping. A lot.

Good morning newws

A lot of people start out with CFLs and seem to have decent results. They obviously aren't going to have the penetration of HIDs or LEDs but still for personal use, its an economical alternative. If you decide to go the CFL route, mix your spectrums for better growth, 2x 6500k and 1 2700k for veg and opposite for blooming.

I checked the Kompleti link. The way I'm viewing the internet right now I don't have any way that I know of to translate the page so I can understand it. It looks like regular hid grow lights and ballasts to me but I don't know the quality. Couldn't find this equipment reviewed on a website that I could read unfortunately. I guess you'll have to be the judge on this one. No black market options?

People grow under cfls- especially if your are growing small plants, and don't have large smoking habits. I don't know much about growing with them but a search will show you lots and lots of cfl grows here.
The impression I got though was that if you are trying to grow anything more than a small crop, it costs less to upgrade to a larger/better single light, instead of buying dozens of bulbs.

I dont think they buy some top quality products to resell. No unfortunetly no black markets here...
Honestly I would like to grow like 7oz, for me and few of my friends. I have migrena very often, and weed helps most of the time, even when the pain is so big i dont feel like living... Unfortunely the Albanina village called Lazaret that produced(shitty products) for whole Balkans has fallen in the hands of the police and now non of the countires in the balkan have stuff for sale, and even if i find it it is 3 times the price it use to be...

There is a lot going on here bud.... I know the reason I was the same as you on my first grow. Here's the low down. I harvested over 350 grams on my first grow from 3 autos with t5 and cfl. If you have ANY type of heat concern that is the route you need to go. I now run mh/hps if you have a good way to ventilate your area and get cool fresh air in so the hps bulb dowlesnt pump your temp up over 90 degrees then I would go with the hps

Both of them used right will grow great plants. Once you make your decision for sure let me know and I will help you in the way to use either light source you choose

Your absolutely right Atrain...Lots going on. Im glad I have 420 mag forum and u guys here. Here where I am summers are very very hot and winters are very very cold so the heat could be an issue, because we have central heating over winter which warms up the house it feels like its summer inside... Imma go with CFLs, guess it will be easier for climate controls. Now, I would write you a pm but still haven't got that 50 posts even tho i spam a lot. I can afford 2 x 200W CFL and 1 x 125 CFL, that ok for 1x1 meters? Should I get one red and one blue 200W and the third? Ill be able to buy two more in few weeks.

Screenshot_2015-08-24-14-34-21-1.jpg
With those 3 bulbs this is what I would do to maximize light and yield

Thanks Atrain!! Yes, mylar on the walls, i am going tomorrow to pick it up. I can make a homemade reflectors for now, and get real ones in a month or so, and get additional CFLs for flowering. So, 1 200W 6500k and 1 200W 2700k which should the third 125W be? Should I get 6500 or 2700k?
Thanks man, soo much.

Will you have the budget in a month or so to buy 2 more 2700k 200 w bulbs.... If so I would start with 2 200w 6500k and the 125 a 2700k this would provide a full spectrum of light the entire grow. Then when they begin to flower pop the 2 new 200w 2700k bulbs in and that will flower those girls right up...

Keep in mind if that's not in the budget you can run all 2700k the whole run and it will still grow nice plants... it just not the OPTIMAL setup ..... I see many people run there grows on hps alone and that is the same 2700k style light just a little more powerfuk

Back
Top Bottom