400w small closet build, start to finish.

luxx

hello all, I have decided to build up a new grow area in my new place. So far this is what i have purchased...

Light and Vent Setup:
400w hps cooltube 6 inch
170 cfm blower 4inch
Active carbon filter/scrubber
Roll of 4 mil black plastic
2 4x8 ducting
6 to 4 inch reducer

Medium:
4 bags of Hyponex potting soil
2 bags of Vermiculite
(suggestions welcome, i used this mix last time with good results)

Seeds:
Acquired seeds from a friend of a friend after he gave me a tester of the strain, and i was blown away. So since i have a small abundance of these seeds, ill see what happens.

Nutes:
either order some ff stuff, or go with nutes i can get at lowes, hd, kmart, walmart, ace hardware. Need suggestions.

Room:
hot water tank room (its electric, I have been monitoring the heat it puts off during heavy use, no change in inner room temp which is great. Its a odd shape though, 5x6 foot room, the tank is positioned in the rear right of the room. Also, the only room in the house that has a drop ceiling with access to the attic. That makes venting a breeze. (pun intended) Not sure where to pull fresh air from, but on the other side of the room is my bathroom- i was thinking i could make a duct size hole in the wall under the sink inside the sink-base cabinet.

The Plan:
grow enough to supply myself with top notch mj to be able to smoke 2-3grams a day. I am going to start with 12 plants, to hope to end up with 6 fems. take 5 (or 4 depending on my luck) and smoke , take the other and put it in my old cfl grow cab on 18/4 and take clones from it.

Other notes: I want this grow to be as undetectable as possible, meaning no light leaks, smells, electric, fire, so on and so forth.

I am by far not a seasoned grower, but i seem to have a green thumb, i am working on a budget, so don't expect much more money to be thrown out there.

When i get my sd card reader for my cam, ill post step by step pics of the build.

Any advice or tips you would like to share are very welcome.
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom