400W To 1600W Spring Growing

HiddenGrow

Boom! So I thought I had my journal posted up, but it seemed I just had it under a sub forum. To summarize: I have three plants right now in 5 gallon fabric pots. The age difference between the biggest and the other two is about a month. I have been working very hard to keep my tent environment stable for these girls. I planted over 50+ seeds in total to get these three. You may ask why I planted so many? Well these seeds have a stupid high percentage of males and a few herms due to a light leak that was in my tent for a little while. for some reason I get a higher amount of females when I grow these seeds outside.

What strain is it? Mtg seed lineage turbo diesel x presidential 1.2

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? dunno since this is a cross I received from a friend and it produced a second gen while in my care

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg stage until I get my light repaired

If in Veg... For how long? vegging since October for the oldest

Indoor or outdoor? I have indoor and outdoor girls

Soil or Hydro? composted soil mixed with coco

If soil... what is in your mix? Whatever nature intends fortified with my special mix

If soil... What size pot? 2 gal in 5 gal fabric pots

Size of light? 400w MH with 2 4ft t5 supplemental lighting

Is it aircooled? I have a 400 cfm fan that is not running at the moment due to the temps being cool. I have a supplemental booster fan working on a timer

Temp of Room/cab? 68-80F night/day with an occasional heat spike

RH of Room/cab? 60-70%

PH of media or res? 6.5 stable

Any Pests ? the occasional gnat and thrips. about to use a control measure for a week or two before transition.

How often are you watering? every three/four days.

Type and strength of ferts used? FF all organic fruit & flower, all-purpose, plant solutions beneficial organisms, powdered molasses and compost tea. all brewed up and bubbled for 24hrs before watering every week.

That kind of sums it up. In my other forum I started it because my Mars 2 1600w had burnt out diodes and needed to be fixed. I contacted the Mars Hydro team and they helped me out and sent new diodes to replace the burnt ones. I received them last week and I am going to repair it in the next week and hopefully get the girls flowering before 3/11 its ambitious but I feel that they will get too big otherwise.

Here are a picture of the girls yesterday

I haven't named my girls yet. but to keep things less confusing I will give them classic names

Winniepeg
WP_20170305_010.jpg

Cher
WP_20170305_008.jpg

Trixie
WP_20170305_006.jpg

This should be a good start until I can post the repair progress. Thank you 420 Dwellers
I'm out! :surf::surf:

:welcome: Pino!

To be honest I'm 90% sure these will flower with no problems. I grew my seedlings on 16/8 until they all threw pistils. these were the only ones that threw pistils without any other unpleasant flowers. I would throw more seeds in water when I would get bananas. I cycled through different seeds from different mothers until I got these.

To test a theory I planted some seeds in early January outside, moved some questionable plants outside when room was getting tight. For some reason I get a higher amount of females outside. Right now out of about 30 or so of these seeds and plants I have about 20 that are flowering normally. They all seem to be in various stages, from the tiny plants showing preflower to several of the bigger ones about 3 weeks in. My genetics seem to be heavily Sativa leaning, so I wonder if my seeds need a long slow grow in seedling stage at about 12/12 then slowly bring it up to a veg time.

Enough rambling. I gotta fix my light and get prepared to take some clones from as many of the outside plants as I can. I plan on washing like bud it with a water and neem mix before soaking in an aloe vera mixed with water then cloning solution into coco, then into a produce bag until I see roots. I have to designate an area where I can keep them away from everything so I can monitor for pests. It's risky cloning outdoor plants, but I really want as much of a variety until I find a pheno I want to have in the bank. I hope the washing takes care of them.

Peace! :surf::surf:

Well oh well, it is time for a little update. I fixed my Mars 2 yesterday and set it up in the tent. I rearranged the girls and gave them a final pruning of their fan leaves. I will give them a feeding and spraying of neem tomorrow to hopefully finally control the thrips.

I took a big batch of cuttings from all my plants. both inside and out. I washed them budwash style and rinsed them with water. they are sitting in aloe vera water mix in a produce bag. I don't have any designated area yet so I've put them in the tent until I plant them in coco and make a designated cloning zone.

The rest of the females outdoor are hanging out with a stud male that had trichomes growing from it. I hope from a light early pollination, I can get the next round of viable seeds. I will be labeling the clones and the mothers accordingly once i can count them all in my yard. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Until the next update. Peace! :surf::surf:

Update! Pictures Etc.

Herro, Today I got a little carried away and forgot about the cuttings soaking in the aloe water. I Rushed them into coco after dipping most of them in rooting powder. The coco coir was soaked in rainwater and the rest of the aloe water. They all were put in produce bags in to the veg tent. I don't have a lot of space and produce bags so they went in 6 per bag. I gave them a breath of life and sealed the bags. They reside in the corner of the tent.

The big girls are looking might fine a day after trimming. Average temps for the week is high 83 low 64 rh 76% Here's pictures of the progress of the girls.

Before Trimming 3/8
Cher
WP_20170308_010.jpg

Trixie
WP_20170308_011.jpg

Winniepeg
WP_20170308_012.jpg

After Ttrimming 3/8
Cher
WP_20170308_013.jpg

Trixie
WP_20170308_014.jpg

Winniepeg
WP_20170308_015.jpg

Today The first day under the Mars sun and they are looking very nice
Cher
WP_20170309_001.jpg

Trixie
WP_20170309_002.jpg

Winniepeg
WP_20170309_003.jpg

The Girls under the LED glow
WP_20170309_005.jpg

And here's the potential clones.
WP_20170309_006.jpg

If anyone knows an easy ghetto bubble cloner rig let me know! Peace. :surf::surf:

Side Update! The Garden.

So I mentioned that some seeds planted outside had a higher chance of becoming female. Because of that I now have a little batch of girls hanging in the yard basking in my sun. I cut clones from any branches I could get my hands on, washed them then stuck them in a bag with the rest of the clones. All the outsides have been getting the leftovers of the food I've been giving the veggies. Some look a little leafy, But i'm sure I can correct that and get some nuggies going. I put out my male stud and well hopefully knock these girls up in their early flowerhood. I predict some good hash this crop.

Some look a little sad because they were root bound before being planted in the ground
WP_20170307_005.jpg

WP_20170307_001.jpg

WP_20170307_002.jpg

WP_20170307_003.jpg

WP_20170307_004.jpg

WP_20170307_006.jpg

WP_20170307_007.jpg

Peace Yall :thanks:

If anyone knows an easy ghetto bubble cloner rig let me know! Peace. :surf::surf:

Subbed! :volcano-smiley:

Looking nice so far looks like you are running same kind of screen as i am how you like it? i think its gonna cause some problems later stages if it can't hold the weight of the brances well time will tell.

i don't know what kind of bubble clone rig you looking for home made or ready to use from box?

friend of mine been telling me how awesome this is Platinium SuperCloner 30 plants - Platinium

don't have any own experience with that but friend loves it maybe i'm gonna give it try my self too hehe

it dosen't show in the pic but it does have plastic cover so you can keep it moist inside

Welcome Ultra! :thumb: So I feel like I need to get the hang of consistent posts. I need help with my Mars 2 repair thread because I am worried I got the wrong diodes for the repair.

Anyway I just built a swamp cooler for the tent. I used an old 15gal container and make-shift evap-filters for the swamp cooler as nowhere near me sells them. I have to look around until I find the actual cloth. I could only finda 20ft roll at the do it center for $90. Right now mine uses coco mats, hopefully they will wick water until I get the actual mat. The intake air is 85+ and it pushes out 70- which cools my tent down efficiently during the day. I was considering flowering during the day but decided against it as it is too hot and I can run the cooler in the day and the lights at night.

The plants are doing quite well. They have filled out about 70% of the screen. I don't know If I should flower now or wait and allow a fuller screen with more vertical growth. I will wait another week and start this Sunday since the cooler off hours will help growth.

Before my off hours would be the same as on hours 85/85 my light schedule is 16/8 and the plants have been upgraded to 7 gals.

I set up a 150w hps in my closet for clone propagation. I want to use cfls for clones but I wont be able to fit them in my container. I will post pictures of what I figure out and the girls in a sec.

Oh and UltraGartner I got myself a self watering coco seedling starter that I will be experimenting with future clones.

Peace :circle-of-love::surf::surf:

Update Time: Transition Period Week 1 Complete

WP_20170325_006.jpg

Last week on 3/18 I decided to lower the timer to 13.5/10.5 to start the transition period of the girls. I was waiting for them to recover from a topping I had done at the end of Feb. I now know that they are going to be monsters. I have been going back and forth repositioning them under the light to give them the best coverage. Pictures may explain more.

3/14 Winniepeg
WP_20170314_001.jpg

Trixie
WP_20170314_002.jpg

Cher
WP_20170314_003.jpg

3/18 Light Changes to 13.5/10.5
Something happens to Trixie at this point. She bursts with new growth and starts to resist training
WP_20170318_012.jpg

Winniepeg
WP_20170318_013.jpg

Cher
WP_20170318_021.jpg

3/22 Group Shot! :circle-of-love: here you can see Trixie start to stretch out.
WP_20170322_001.jpg

WP_20170322_002.jpg

3/25 A half hour was taken off daylight hours 13/11
WP_20170325_001.jpg

WP_20170325_002.jpg

Trixie
WP_20170325_003.jpg

Winniepeg
WP_20170325_004.jpg

Cher
WP_20170325_005.jpg

I wonder how Big they will get. :morenutes: I plan to keep tucking for the next week until I see the first signs of pistils then they can go all vertical. I trimmed most of the undergrowth on all the plants on the 20th and will do a final lollipop trim when pistils start to show. By then I will have a set canopy and I wont move anything. I hope they will show flowers by April. I will be taking off a half hour every two weeks of flowering. So by week 4 when budding accelerates it will have 12/12 then it will slowly chill until we rest at 10/14 for the final ripening stage. I thought this would be a good maturing technique since it kind of mimics the sun periods here. I will do the reg 12/12 the whole time for my next grow to compare results with similar sized plants.

:thanks::Namaste:

Side update.

:cheer: I have roots on some of the outdoor strains, I believe I threw out 7 or so of the cuttings that looked too funky. I will try to do another batch of clones from Trixie, Winniepeg and a few more outdoor plants using the auto watering tray. Maybe I will get better results. But so far I have about 20 rooted kids and I expect a few more.

WP_20170322_010.jpg

WP_20170322_009.jpg

I was planning on planting all the clones outside for a summer crop. Some will be put into the ground others into 5-7 gallon fabric pots, Hopefully I can have at least one or two that I can spray down and bring inside for a fall flowering. I will be observing the clones more closely and have them labeled, when I find the ones I like the party really starts :yahoo::party:

Quick Late Night Update

So I lost a great warrior this weekend. Trixie pulled a trick on me and grew some balls in a couple days. Now I don't know if it was a curse for naming her Trixie or if it was the fact wifey opened the tent during off hours and left the tent open for half the day. Can't have everything go perfect... :lot-o-toke: Anyway Winniepeg and Cher are doing well finding extra room now that there is one less to share space with.

Here are what they look like tonight
Winniepeg
WP_20170402_007.jpg

Cher
WP_20170402_006.jpg

Groupshot
WP_20170402_005.jpg

They showed first pistils Last Monday so I will count this as Week one flower. Lights are still 13/11 temps 80/62 :thanks:

Also Quick Thought

I rotated winniepeg since she looked a little overgrown on one side. She now looks a lot more even and I hope the side under the sun begins to perk up.

Heres the outdoor girlies right meow. I need to start putting boxes over them for light dep as they are starting to reveg on me. I successfully pollinated the girls with a male that was producing thc. All are doing good. Some are weird because I was feeding them leftover veg nutes from the tent girls. I plan on revegging them and seeing if I can create some trees in the yard. :cheesygrinsmiley:

WP_20170401_022.jpg

WP_20170401_021.jpg

WP_20170401_020.jpg

WP_20170401_019.jpg

WP_20170401_018.jpg

WP_20170401_017.jpg

WP_20170401_016.jpg

WP_20170401_015.jpg

WP_20170401_014.jpg

WP_20170401_013.jpg

WP_20170401_012.jpg

WP_20170401_011.jpg

WP_20170401_010.jpg

WP_20170401_009.jpg

WP_20170401_008.jpg

WP_20170401_007.jpg

WP_20170401_006.jpg

WP_20170401_005.jpg

WP_20170401_004.jpg

WP_20170401_003.jpg

WP_20170401_002.jpg

WP_20170401_001.jpg

Some had backbuilding done others were left to do their own thing. All I wanted was seeds from them and I am happy with their performance. I do find it strange that I get more females when growing outdoor. Oh well They will be getting plain water for the next two weeks and then CHOP, POP, and DROP the seeds. I will make some good hash from the buds of these girls. :drool:

Thanks Ultra! I was basing that on intuition, it's good to hear someone confirm it. I always wanted to try fem seeds, but I am not down with the chemicals used to inhibit pollen sacs. I also hear that they produce less thc than their non-altered counterparts, but thaat could be a hippie rumor. :thumb:

Thanks Ultra! I was basing that on intuition, it's good to hear someone confirm it. I always wanted to try fem seeds, but I am not down with the chemicals used to inhibit pollen sacs. I also hear that they produce less thc than their non-altered counterparts, but thaat could be a hippie rumor. :thumb:

Havent heard that but feminized plants have better change of becoming transvestite (hermaphrodite) if your torture them too much hehe

Update

Been busy and kinda forgot about 420 magazine for a bit. I have been working and trying to get as many clones as I can. I would like to have 24 clones to fill in a SOG right after my two current flowering girls finish. I tried cloning using the Aloe method, but that didn't do the job. I had old leftover MG rooting powder which gave me about a 60% rooting chance. I started the process in plastic produce bags tied off. About a week later I would check for roots and move the rooted ones into mini pots with mykos and into a humidity dome. Once they started to show revegging signs I put them in a separate humidity dome that allows for greater air circulation. So far I have in the second chamber.

here is the first chamber. I am buying rooting powder today and taking more cuttings from the outside plants. I hope fresh rooting powder will raise the success rate.
WP_20170412_020.jpg

In the second chamber some plants started to stretch a lot and needed some lst so I put clothespins on the tall branches.
WP_20170412_019.jpg

the cloning chamber is in my closet on 24/7
WP_20170412_018.jpg

I wish I labeled my outside plants before doing this. As it will be confusing as hell separating them all.
WP_20170412_015.jpg

WP_20170412_014.jpg

Thats it for the cloning adventure. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom