400watt Closet with Blueberry Jam and Chunky Cheese

The next journal for you is going to be a cracker! A pound for Christmas will keep you warm.

:xmas:

......CC aka "Big Girl" aka "Sassy Sally" the list goes on and on :roorrip:
IMG_02922.JPG

Thanks KannabisKid and peace man for stopping by, currently I'm looking at some great flowering beauties, yet the sweet smell is starting to lurk out of the attic vent, trying to figure out the best way to bring the odor down. Thanks again!
DT09

Hey SkullsFB, They've been in bloom for just over 30 days now. The cheese has 3-4 weeks left and the Blueberry has 5-6 weeks left.

Thanks for stopping by SouthernWeed, always good to see ya!

currently I'm looking at some great flowering beauties, yet the sweet smell is starting to lurk out of the attic vent, trying to figure out the best way to bring the odor down. Thanks again!
DT09

You could always invest in an ONA block, but from my experience, it merely masks the smell, not neutralize like it suggests. We use another product called Fresh Wave. It works way better. It does neutralize the smell, I use the spray bottle daily in the house. Damn good scent, not girly lol. They have gel or spray. You could use the 5gal bucket method I saw in one of the journals awhile back. I'll have to look for it.

Here's a shot I took tonight of the girls getting fatter by the day at this point :smokin:

IMG_0304.JPG

Here's the honeywell air ionizer I picked up today at Home Depot. It was just over $100 and I hope it works. It works in a room up to 13'x13' room which mine's close to. Only time will tell.....
IMG_03032.JPG

I use uvonairs inline Corona Discharge unit. It will run you about $500 for an 8" that you can duct into your 6" ductwork (looks 6". ...right?). In conjunction with a Carbon Filter you should be set for some time to come. The Uvonairs are maintanence free and have a lo and hi setting. Basically they kill everything smellwise FAST! Actually the only thing you really need to make sure is that you dont over do it and start freshening up your whole block because you can smell the differance between clean fresh ionized air and regular non-ionized air. They have a smaller 6" version with uv lights but it doesnt work as good and is NOT maintanence free because it has bulbs..basically. Anyhow just throwin it out there. Once you buy it once your set for life theoretically and you dont have to worry if you were to even upgrade to 10 times that size cause it will be able to handle it. Also you want make sure your hood is airtight and not letting any air through any gaps. You can check this with a "smoke wand" used for house audit's. Another idea is to upgrade your filter. I have used mountainaire for a few years and really like them. They seem to last about three times longer than regular Can Filters fromwhat I have seen. And they are usually smaller than the other brands too. However also a little more expensive. Anyhow the journal looks awesome! and the setup is just spectacular for a first grow. You sure this is your first? lol. Glad to see another well put together journal. Keep up the great work man the plants look incredible!

I use uvonairs inline Corona Discharge unit. It will run you about $500 for an 8" that you can duct into your 6" ductwork (looks 6". ...right?). In conjunction with a Carbon Filter you should be set for some time to come. The Uvonairs are maintanence free and have a lo and hi setting. Basically they kill everything smellwise FAST! Actually the only thing you really need to make sure is that you dont over do it and start freshening up your whole block because you can smell the differance between clean fresh ionized air and regular non-ionized air. They have a smaller 6" version with uv lights but it doesnt work as good and is NOT maintanence free because it has bulbs..basically. Anyhow just throwin it out there. Once you buy it once your set for life theoretically and you dont have to worry if you were to even upgrade to 10 times that size cause it will be able to handle it. Also you want make sure your hood is airtight and not letting any air through any gaps. You can check this with a "smoke wand" used for house audit's. Another idea is to upgrade your filter. I have used mountainaire for a few years and really like them. They seem to last about three times longer than regular Can Filters fromwhat I have seen. And they are usually smaller than the other brands too. However also a little more expensive. Anyhow the journal looks awesome! and the setup is just spectacular for a first grow. You sure this is your first? lol. Glad to see another well put together journal. Keep up the great work man the plants look incredible!

Hi GreenIsland :ciao: you're the best. An awesome, descriptive post to say the least. You're right my can filter is not the best bottom line in fact. It's an Eco-Plus which is labeled "cheap" in most people's books. The can fan is also Eco-Plus and its not giving me 440cfm either. I really feel in almost most cases no matter what the product, you get what you pay for.
This is not my first grow, just the first for this site. I used to be on OG.com, yet I still consider myself novice with just over 5 complete grows so far, and this will make my sixth :grinjoint: This is my first grow in which I've spent this much time, effort and funding to make sure I can get a decent yield. A previous poster also said that high humidity also lessens the effectiveness of the filter. My humidity has been high 60's lately and is finally starting to fall due to me not running the cooler 24/7. The ionizer doesn't seem like its going to help. I'll give it a few more days or possibly a week and if no noticeable change it will be returned. Thanks to all who've stopped by and made some great suggestions to help me through this issue. Heck thanks for stopping by period! :roorrip: Much love :peace:

Yeah higher humidity can reduce the effectiveness of a carbon filter however usually that doesnt happen at 60% RH, it normally would have to be above 80%. If the filter is old then maybe 70% and up. So anyways the 60% RH shouldnt have much of an effect if any on your filters effectiveness. And yeah those home air purifiers almost never get rid of odor. I wanted to say something in my earlier post about that but you had just bought it and I didnt want to burst your bubble..and hell who knows maybe it wouldve worked I thought. What I have found over the years is its usually much cheaper in the long run if you buy quality products now rather than buying many many cheap products that dont work at all or need to be replaced often or just dont do the job effectively. Your right when you say you "get what you pay for" and thats especially true in the hydroponics industry. An ozone generator like one of the ones made by CAP would definetally help your situation but they arent necessarily very cheap either, maybe like $150 if I remember right. Ive even heard of people putting those ozone generators inside their horizontally positioned Carbon Filter by putting it in there and then closing the duct while sealing the chord to be airtight with no gaps in the duct. And it always seemed to exhaust really nice odor free air cause it goes like 5-10ft through the duct before its expelled, and in the duct the odors are trapped with the ozone which is good because it gets rid of nearly everything much more efficiently than trying to passively inject ozone into your room randomly or whatever. Anyhow, once again, the grow looks fantastic! Keep up the awesome work man!

Great journal. I purchased the OZN-jr ozone generator for my last crop. I use a carbon filter for the exhaust. My problem was odors in the room that my closet/grow area is located. Once I placed the OZN-jr in the grow area, the smell was gone and replaced with a clean fresh smell. I used a honeywell air cleaner, but it was not doing the job.

I like the OZN-jr since it turn off/on every 10 mins and it was less than $100. When I am not growing, I place the unit in my living room when I smoke a blunt/joint. This thing cleans the air very fast. I like weed since it helps with my sleeping problem, but I hate the old smell after a day.

Question: How many bags of soil do you use for your 3 gallon containers. I plan to do a soil crop. I used 2x2 ebb/flow hydroponics twice and I was happy with the results. I want to see if soil will make a difference in the taste. I plan to use Fox Farm Ocean soil.

Thank you greenisland I feel the Honeywell is doing something productive. I came home today and before I even walked in the house, I casually walked over to the side of the house I noticed the odor and nothing at all :cheer:

I've checked throughout the weekend as well with the same thing. I'm going to say the Honeywell is good to finish the grow, yet my bro who I like to call Dr. Greenthumbs brought up the fact that in one of his past grows he ran a ozone geney and said his buds ended up smelling of hay and tasting like crap. I said no way, he said yes way. Is this possible guys?

High southernboy30 :ciao: your advice is awesome as well, plus reps if I can ;) I researched the OZN-JR and it looks like its going to be a great investment. The plan is to return the Honeywell and use those returned funds to invest in my Ozn-JR. Thanks again!

Thanks for stopping by once again SouthernWeed I really appreciate the words and positive rep, encouraging.

Hey good to see ya Tunes420, glad you could stop by. They're getting fatter for sure, and I'm probably not going to post pics again until the harvest of the CC, which is less than two weeks, which reminds me I need to start flushing them heh

About the Ozone, don't know if you already know this but w/e. Just make sure that your only using it for your exhausted air, to much ozone can be damaging to plants. So ozone is great as long as it's not going into your grow ;)

Back
Top Bottom