407 Casey's Closet CFL Grow

407 CaseyJ

No idea if it'll be male or female, but it will be a fun learning experience.

Started off under 4 CFL's that I could afford at the time, which totaled to be ~46 watts (ew).

Due to the kind of shitty lighting, it stretched a little bit in the beginning, but that will definitely not be an issue once I transplant it. Currently running at 18/6.

I just want to see the potential of CFL's, and see what I can get without the nicest lights or the best setup.

Currently is at 129W total (5x23W CFL 1x14W CFL), soon it will be ~150W.
Unknown strain, bag seed
A little over 2 weeks from sprout

I have plans on purchasing a 300W LED after my fem'd seeds arrive, most likely after the holidays.

When I found it on 11/21 @ 2:00am
IMG_235326.JPG

Just put it under the 46W CFL's
FullSizeRender156.jpg

IMG_238326.JPG

These were taken back home for Thanksgiving (first one is around the 25th? 2nd one is 1 week under lights 11/28)
IMG_242321.JPG

IMG_246728.JPG

Growth from 12/2-12/6
IMG_252918.JPG

IMG_254124.JPG

IMG_255121.JPG

IMG_258027.JPG

12/7 - Changed the lighting from the 46W to 129W, next time I'm out I'm buying another splitter and adapter to get the total of ~150W.
IMG_258617.JPG

So here's the progress from 16 days under the lights, still pretty small but we'll see how it grows with the extra power.

I appreciate all feedback.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks under lights. Can definitely tell it's been enjoying the extra wattage. Looking like an Indica for sure. Gonna keep posting weekly updates!

I would love to get some feedback on how it's looking so far. Thanks guys

FullSizeRender_1_39.jpg

FullSizeRender_2_48.jpg

IMG_262419.JPG

heya friend,, great colour, indeed,, good lookin plant,,

P1160568.JPG

cfl's are absolutely useful for this purpose,, i have cfl and led lights and the cfl's do every bit as good,, do not be afraid to keep em real close, use your hand to tell whaty is too close,, back of your hand,, warm is good

keep up the good work,, cheers fer now

heya friend,, great colour, indeed,, good lookin plant,,

cfl's are absolutely useful for this purpose,, i have cfl and led lights and the cfl's do every bit as good,, do not be afraid to keep em real close, use your hand to tell whaty is too close,, back of your hand,, warm is good

keep up the good work,, cheers fer now

Hey there, thanks for stopping by. I've actually seen your posts on other grow journals before... just from searching Google for growing research purposes. Glad to hear that it's looking OK, and hopefully we can keep it this way :thumb: Your plants are looking nice themselves

Good to see someone that's not trash talking CFL's -- another forum I'm active at will normally look down upon you for using them, hence why I came here to log my journal. Y'all seem like a good community. I still currently have the plan to obtain the 300W LED panel, but I wanna see how I can do with these guys just for a bag seed run. I'm sure combining the two together would yield some pretty nice results. Can't wait to get my femmed White Widow seeds in!

Enough rambling though, I'll keep those interested updated :)

Good afternoon 420Mag and to those interested. Just stopping by to update my journal! Plant will be officially one month old on the 21st, and it is 4 weeks old as of now.

QUESTION: I made a 6 hour drive with my baby in the cup holder behind my seat (it's a 2 door). I was stoned as all hell and I enjoy driving with the window down sub 55mph. Well I completely forgot the plant was getting blasted by cold wind for about 30 minutes of that trip. Some of her leaves became yellow, dry and brittle afterwards. New growth looks fine though, I'll assume that was the cause of the yellowing issue. Correct me if I am wrong.

Growing really bushy and short, thankfully! Just transplanted the other day, so hopefully it'll enjoy that extra grow room :)

IMG_269512.JPG

IMG_269911.JPG

Till next week all!

No way I am positive but I would think your conclusions are correct. If there is a plant problem, one looks for any possible causes, well, you found one all right. Correct to watch the new growth the old damage will never correct itself. Safe driving friend, cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom