40x40x80 with AC Infinity T6 Setup Help

Hi MrSauga, nice setup. I wanted to follow your advice and run carbon filter into attic but it was way to tight for closet access. I really hope this will work. Please let me know what you think. I also have another question about air flow. Do I need positive or negative air pressure. I tried researching it but I'm finding that some say positive and some negative. If negative I guess I need to remove the S6 that I have pushing in at bottom. If so, I guess I can move the S6 to the veg & cloning tent as I dont yet have a fan for it. Please let me know what you think. I really want to get everything put together and working correctly before using it. Once again, thanks.

Attachments

• 20190106_070311.jpg
    20190106_070311.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 20190106_072649.jpg
    20190106_072649.jpg
    749.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 20190106_072705.jpg
    20190106_072705.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 158
It's beautiful MrC and will work fine.
You want negative pressure as this also keeps the smells inside the tent but also means you have a good air exchange. The S6 I would keep where it is but you run that manually at a lower speed to keep the negative pressure. You dont want them running the same speeds. The tent sides should start to suck in a bit and you know you're good. I use a Vivosun intake and have it set somewhere between low and medium and it runs all the time at the same speed. If the temps get high I tend to ramp my Vivo up a bit.
You can also open and close your passive vents as well to help on the flow. If you do it's always good to throw in some filter media at the openings. I put a small 6" diameter duct in each passive window with filters and will open and close based on temps.
Now you have LEDS so you should have no problem and most likely do not need any vents open. Your night temps may be a bit hard to manage if you are in a cold area but as long as the swing of temp ranges doesn't exceed 15 degrees you should be fine. In otherwords, try not to get to 85 then drop to 60 overnight. Stressful on the plant.
If your plants are going to be sitting onn a concrete floor you want to raise them to not cold shock the roots. Wtaer is best absorbed at 70 so you can imagine the roots don't want to be much colder than that.

OK so by doing it this way you have lost a bit of head space which no matter what you did you were going to lose some because of the CF. But now everything is and at the back and the fan is as close as possible to the CF for max CFM and best efficiency with the hookup. You are all set to get the plants in by the looks of it.
Good job!

Thanks much MrSauga, but what type filter media and how are they controlled to open and close with temps. Thanks for tip on temp probe placement as well. Should I basically have the same fan setup for the seedling & veg tent as well. Am I correct in assuming that I shouldn't really need a carbon filter for seedling & veg tent. Once again, thanks for you time and all your help. You are awesome!!!

No problem. Yes,you only need the CF when you start to smell the plant. Typically a couple weeks into flower it starts to get stinky. Your veg and seedlings tent will be fine without it.
The media I use is a very stiff blue mesh and forms well inside the 6" duct. If you have access to old pantyhose you can slip those over the duct and you are all set. The passive vents you have to work manually. So there's normally two ties to each vent. I run a 6" small piece through each vent. Then when I need to bring in more air I open the one drawstring and expose the opening. The inner drawstring actually holds the small section of duct, the second string cinches the opening closed or open.
Is your veg tent the same size? If smaller you may want to go with the T4.

No sir not the same size, the tent i want to use for veg and clones is 48X24X60. Like a said I just wanna get things set up correctly before I even think about starting. I do believe that I'm headed in the right direction now that I've got your help, once again thank you and I'm much appreciative.

IMG_0135.jpeg
Hello all new to the ducting and fans is it set up correctly im going to duct out the top?!?
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. @TequilaSIPr
Here is a spot to post your question.
More people will see it there.
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link
Nice set up.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom