42 Year Old Bag Seed!

Read through the whole thread and there were so many touching moments. I both laughed and cried while reading it.

It made me really emotional reading OTDs stories about how many different kinds of cancer he fought through during 18 years, melanoma, testicular, liver, then melanoma again. And now he hasn't been active here since 5 years... Damn it, now I'm crying again.

Re: 42 yr old bagseed!

8/18/12 Update

Before I get into the grow I got a little story to tell. I am into week 2 of my chemo(2nd go round) and to stave off the inevitable multible stops on the ride home I had the wife bake up some brownies for me. I usually eat 1 about an hour before the session ends so it has a chance to kick in before the ride. Well, the other day I was talking to a man and woman there and the man said that the ride home was really getting to be hard on his wife(she 52) due to having to stop the car for her to vomit. So, the other day I offered her one of my brownies (I call them my DHB, Diabetic Hash Brownies) and told her that when I eat these I dont get sick that much so she ate one. The next day her husband stopped by my chair and thanked me and asked where I got the brownies. He said that for the first time since she was on chemo that they not only got home ok but that she said she wanted to stop and get something to eat! I had to laugh and told him that I would have to get my wife to bake her up some. His wife then asked for the recipe and when the wife told her it was a MJ brownie, she laughed and said "So thats what its like to get stoned???" So now the wife is downstairs baking for 2.

Ok, On with the grow. The CFO(wife) said no to the extra box so I still have all 3, Ozzie, Harriet and Runt in the box and its getting quite crowded. I took Ozzie out the other day and started to retie it up to lst. When I lst I keep the branches circling the pot but Ozzie has gotten so large I ran out of room so am now going across the pot and he is filling that area up quickly. Harriet and Runt are quite content, growing bushier with Harriet really starting to make some nice buds. I will have to figure out how to get some more cfls in the box to get more light into the bottom and interior of the plants.

Harriets buds, I just got to get a better camera!
DSC008444.JPG

The box
DSC008454.JPG

Harriet
DSC008476.JPG

Runt in the back
DSC008486.JPG

My brother stopped in for the weekend last night and couldn't get over the plants. My brother has and raises some of the most beautiful horses in the world but cant grow anything green. His last try he got a stick with 3 leaves on it before it died.

Hey, I want to thank all of you reading my grow and appriectiate all the comments. Some day, I hope our governments will wake up and realize that this is a viable industry and that we are giving valuable information and knowledge out to anyone.

Loved the story of how they shared their pot brownies with another chemo patient. OTD seemed like one hell of a person, which I could have been here for this grow 6 years ago and gotten to chat with him. Thank you OTD for sharing such a touching journey and grow with us. I hope that you're happy, whereever you are. Rolling my next one for you bud. Peace.

:rollit:

Found my 20 some year old Nigerian seed I crossed with Chemo Got to see if I can get it to grow

Attachments

• IMG_1241.JPG
    IMG_1241.JPG
    463.8 KB · Views: 199
Re: 42 yr old bagseed!

Dang! I can't wait to see!!!

If you have problems there was a suggestion to help older seed germinate that was interesting. Make a small tube from sandpaper with the sand side inside. Put a few seeds in and shake for a minute or two. This scores the out side shell and makes it easier to absorb water and pop.

Good Luck!!
And I thought my 10 year old beans were old.. Lol they did sprout and I have 2 competing with clones from the local dispensary

Back
Top Bottom