420's Perfect Sun Led Goliath V2 Sponsor Grow Purple Punch Clones Hydro Flood & Drain

sorry to hear about your friend.

everything's looking fantastic. you're going to need a heftier scrog net on future runs.

Sorry everyone for not catching up here since Saturday. Lost my friend and neighbor that guided me into the world of true growing. When the wife first had gotten cancer he was there and grew weed to help her pain . Doctors thought they had it but came back later and I was already listening to Country Hippie growing my own for mama . Mama has been clear for over 1-1/2 now hope it stays that way cause she smokes like a freight train. Back to Country Hippie he’s helped so many soldiers stay on track I know what there going to do and that’s keep doing what he taught them ! Like he said he’d been on the form but they have too much to lose if caught . He had my password and I’d catch him in conversation with most all of you I’m not as talkative as he was . Questions I’d come up with he’d be asking, just the way he was take charge . When the OG Kush made one of his soldiers got a tingle in his leg from the first hit off he went jumping in the doctors ass . He still can’t walk but he loves to kick the shit out of anybody that walks by with a big smile on his face . He has a wonderful wife , he was married five times before he found the right one 31 years now . He’s 74 and getting buried in his home town in Arkansas instead of Texas don’t know when yet he was in DC waiting on Veterans Day Thursday. His favorite song was Millionaire by Chris Stapleton if the song came he couldn’t sit down he’d grab his wife and off they went dancing. He had 1 son and 2 step children he treated as his own . Got my hands full at the moment fixing to post the grows .
I used a thank you emoji because we all I'm sure really appreciate you sharing with us who your friend was and what he meant to you. You just kept him alive for a whole bunch of folks who knew nothing about this before now. Sending good vibes your way, thank you for sharing. Sorry for your loss. RIP Country Hippie.

First post - Way too young! Hang in there, Hippie! :green_heart:

Second post - getting some really nice frost! :yummy:

Static pH, huh? Must be evening out the diet from mostly cations and taking in more anions now (probably mostly phosphates and sulfates - not so much nitrates).

11/09/21 Day 74/43
These girls are still building buds under this sponsor grow light Perfect Sun Led Goliath V2. As everyone see the results. The result of the tips blown a little doesn’t appear to have any problems from it . The ph held static again at my change the reservoir point . Due tomorrow let see what one more day does. I added 10 mL calmag with the top off water .
TDS 532 ppm was 593 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Water level down 2-1/2 gallons Falling
Ph 6.2 was 6.2 Static
Canopy temp 74.2
Room temp 76 degrees
Room Rh 46.3
Outside temp 61 degrees
Outside Rh 93% room refresh air intake is unplugged for reason, but it helped with the Rh in the room because there’s been no way made a could keep up with that type of outside Rh !

11/09/21 Day 74/43
These girls are still building buds under this sponsor grow light Perfect Sun Led Goliath V2. As everyone see the results. The result of the tips blown a little doesn’t appear to have any problems from it . The ph held static again at my change the reservoir point . Due tomorrow let see what one more day does. I added 10 mL calmag with the top off water .
TDS 532 ppm was 593 ppm Falling
Water temp 73.4
Water level down 2-1/2 gallons Falling
Ph 6.2 was 6.2 Static
Canopy temp 74.2
Room temp 76 degrees
Room Rh 46.3
Outside temp 61 degrees
Outside Rh 93% room refresh air intake is unplugged for reason, but it helped with the Rh in the room because there’s been no way made a could keep up with that type of outside Rh !

Sweet. Question: do you find that the plants need Cal Mag more often, the more powerful the LED is you are using? I have found that to be so.

Sweet. Question: do you find that the plants need Cal Mag more often, the more powerful the LED is you are using? I have found that to be so.
I’m seeing a touch of magnesium deficiency since I didn’t add extra this batch . If I hadn’t been preoccupied I’d already had it back in when @FelipeBlu replied . It needs a change but I decided tomorrow and added a little today. Yes to the question even the sponsor asked me to put more in for the light . Another grower here on his second grow added the max dose , made me jealous to see his were looking magnificent compared to mine so I did the same . We didn’t see a deficiency till this little hiccup.

I’m seeing a touch of magnesium deficiency since I didn’t add extra this batch . If I hadn’t been preoccupied I’d already had it back in when @FelipeBlu replied . It needs a change but I decided tomorrow and added a little today. Yes to the question even the sponsor asked me to put more in for the light . Another grower here on his second grow added the max dose , made me jealous to see his were looking magnificent compared to mine so I did the same . We didn’t see a deficiency till this little hiccup.
Interesting, cuz I have a touch of the same thing on the Hulkberry, and a touch of it on the Gelato auto. Neither has had CalMag in weeks. I gave them a shot today with their feeding. I like waiting til the plants tell me they need it rather than using it all the time as a preventative. Just me.

even the sponsor asked me to put more in for the light

heavier led fixtures draw more calmag. it becomes more noticeable as you climb into 400w and above. the newer tech on a well built light is piles more efficient than it was even 2 or 3 years ago, increasing the calmag draw.

of course hydro on it's own usually merits a little calmag.

everything looks fantastic to me.

heavier led fixtures draw more calmag. it becomes more noticeable as you climb into 400w and above. the newer tech on a well built light is piles more efficient than it was even 2 or 3 years ago, increasing the calmag draw.

of course hydro on it's own usually merits a little calmag.

everything looks fantastic to me.
Yup, that's exactly what I've found. The difference is significant. I went from blurples, to quantum boards, to finally pro 680 watt lights, and the CalMag has ramped up with each one.

I added 10 mL calmag with the top off water .
This is in a 20 gallon reservoir - so that’s 0.5ml/gal - will only add 8 ppm Ca and 2.5 ppm Mg. When you make a fresh reservoir tomorrow, you might want to go ahead and include at least 1ml/gal if you’re seeing indications of deficiencies. I wouldn’t go crazy though and include more than 2ml/gal at this time.

I’m seeing a few of these , leaf above . I don’t think it’s from the light curl , it’s even on the outside edge of the net leaf climbing to the light . Tops are getting fatter , pics don’t do them justice . Yes to the 20 gallon

C58D2F70-82CB-4D7A-80F9-C0498C56C9FE.jpeg

I’m not really seeing the Ca or Mg deficiency. The curling up along the leaf edges might be low humidity, but I don’t believe it’s a problem - in fact, to avoid mold and PM, I would keep the RH in the 40s from here out.

Took me a while to get back here and found a great conversation on lighting along with the sad news on the death of your friend and mentor. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing, just before Veteran's day too. May his memory be a blessing to all who knew and loved him. :rip:

And I never stop marveling at the plants WH.

Turned the a/c off ,mistake back on
Rode my bicycle this morning my fingers still hurt from just 49f degrees sucks I want my 65f degrees back .
Just to be clear, you want the heat on outside and the a/c on inside. Open the window and let them swap air!
I live in Orange County SoCal
I'm in LA and grow in the sun, and I took this reading around noon on the shortest day of the year:
full

132,900 lux in the sun would be ~3,055 PPFD, and if I can keep my plants in the sun for 7 hours that day, my DLI would be 77!

It makes me feel better about the chilly grey days the plants have to stay inside. :)

I’m not really seeing the Ca or Mg deficiency. The curling up along the leaf edges might be low humidity, but I don’t believe it’s a problem - in fact, to avoid mold and PM, I would keep the RH in the 40s from here out.
Isn’t that kinda normal that sugar leaves closest to the lamp canoe up for a bit?

I think lamp should be waaaay higher to avoid any kind of canoeing plus pretty much 100% perfect environments required.
Most of the cannabis strain stock/product images (if theres leaves on the buds) are canoeing or somewhat burnt/discoloured.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Country Hippie. May he rest in peace.

Regarding those plants, I imagine at some point they will have to stop growing. But I'm beginning to have doubts! :Rasta:

Took me a while to get back here and found a great conversation on lighting along with the sad news on the death of your friend and mentor. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing, just before Veteran's day too. May his memory be a blessing to all who knew and loved him. :rip:

And I never stop marveling at the plants WH.

Just to be clear, you want the heat on outside and the a/c on inside. Open the window and let them swap air!

I'm in LA and grow in the sun, and I took this reading around noon on the shortest day of the year:
full

132,900 lux in the sun would be ~3,055 PPFD, and if I can keep my plants in the sun for 7 hours that day, my DLI would be 77!

It makes me feel better about the chilly grey days the plants have to stay inside. :)
That’s okay I know you’ll catch up with me . I remember three years ago when I started I named him Country Hippie for 420 he liked it so much every one started calling him Country Hippie , all of his friends. I’m headed out to the funeral Friday morning. Him and the guys didn’t miss a post in your thread .
Rain the next two days and I’ll get the lux here and see how close we are . Wished I could hold it over the girls and take a pic but it keeps falling through. In the middle the lux is 78k and the outside edge averages 66-69k lux .
I still ride a bicycle, I shoot for 10 miles but have been walking 4 miles there and 4 back every day since I started this grow . @Grandpa Tokin started this , I’ve gone from 232 to 196 lbs back when he started this . Brought out a few problems but have been corrected. Thanks GT I feel so much better.
Thanks @Grand Daddy Black he enjoyed the laughs you give and blessed with .

11/10/21 Day 76/45
The beef is on ! Must be in her last weeks because it’s showing . Had a reservoir change this morning. I let it mix long enough to start feeding.
Old reservoir
TDS 472 ppm was 532 ppm Falling
Water temp 74.3
Water level down 3 gallons Falling
Ph 6.2 for 3 days that’s different Static

Fresh reservoir
TDS 1051 ppm
Water temp 72.9
Water level 20 gallons of ro tds 6 ph 6.3
Ph was 5.3 adjusted to 5.7
Canopy temp 74.6
Room temp 76.5
Room Rh 45.9 this has to be why the temp holds the best , actually chapping my lips .
Outside temp 66
Outside Rh 88%

Isn’t that kinda normal that sugar leaves closest to the lamp canoe up for a bit?

I think lamp should be waaaay higher to avoid any kind of canoeing plus pretty much 100% perfect environments required.
Most of the cannabis strain stock/product images (if theres leaves on the buds) are canoeing or somewhat burnt/discoloured.
I think they cup like that to scoop up all that sugar getting milked on them . I make shatter out of my sugar leaves ,here .
@Perfect Sun LED recommend 10” over the canopy I’m 9”-13” .

Back
Top Bottom