420 Cheese Pleezzz! Little Wine, Little Cheese, Waz That Cheesie? Afghani & Shiva Skunk, 2!

Okay, I am going to see this through! I will do my best to fill in any blanks the best I can. Please jump in at any point on tips n tricks, I would be grateful. Even though I have had many crops, different strains, some very successful and others well....life happened. Usually as a result when I was away on holidays. No one can love your babies like you love your babies, you know what I mean? I am still consider myself learning no matter how many grows.
I have grown Cheese before and it really went without issue and got some memorable comments on the smoke so she is bad for an encore, plus I like the way she grew.:love: feminized
Shiva Skunk well she was an ugly duckling in previous crop but man she gave some nice smelly, awesome growth flower! She is back for an additional performance.:cheer:
Then there is Afgani. I will look tomorrow to see if I need to buy an "h"... I can't remember and not with them right now to check the package. I will clarify later. I haven't grown this strain before so any tips would be great :adore:
Both Shiva Skunk and Afgani are unsexed seeds, so I have to go through that and I have never done that before in the sense that I want to keep the strongest males, collect the pollen, make babies and I want to try to document it as best I can to remember what worked and for those wtf moments lol. I also bought Colloidal Silver, to give'er a try too. However I don't have a third room so we are looking a tent for the gentlemen. Suggestions? Can you tell I like to experiment but still want the best results whoop whoop

I may update more with pics, just easier to see what Im talking about. Not a professional photographer so bare with me. I also, have Black Domina, Bruce Banner, and Bubba Kush is in the Bud room right now. About week 4. All were clones from the last crop. That being said, that crop had issues of heat (short term) 7 Mosaic Virus. At first I thought it was variegated leaf.... like random but when i now see it on my clones i did more research and found out that was it. It hasn't affected the growth, bud etc.. just the leaves. Ill post pics. Soo long story short, I can't have any males in the same space as my flower. They are in separate rooms but you know teen age boys hahah just joking.... just don't want cross the strains until I'm ready. I have that going on too to worry about.

I also have to say I wish there was good template to help log things... if anyone has any they like and wanna share ... pick me pick me:hug:
Here you go: I am not anal, so nor will my journal be:yahoo:

What strain is it? Cheese (F), Shiva Skunk (NF), Afgani (NF)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Flower stage... For how long?If in Veg... For how long? veg 3.5 weeks. Im going to veg longer to clone for sex
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? (veg room) 10x10x10; Bud room 10x13x10
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Pro Mix
If soil... What size pot? 3 gal once sexed
Size of light? 600
Is it aircooled? AC
Temp of Room/cab? 26degrees
RH of Room/cab? 40%
PH of media or res? 6-6.5
Any Pests ? Yes, Mosaic Virus (same producer i got the last batch at Grrrrr)
How often are you watering? about every 4-5days
Type and strength of ferts used? Green Planet

Okay friends, we are off. Here are some pictures, jump in any time.

Sending love :love: & light :blunt:

So now I’m caught up. These are pictures from today. I transplanted the feminized cheese to 3 gallons. I was going to start transplanting the Afghani and Shiva Skunk but then realized I still have to sex those so I am low stress training to hopefully clone, than sex the clone. I’ve never done it this way, I just don’t want to have to transplant to 3 gallons and then find out they’re all males or something. So if anyone out there has any Advice they can give. I would really appreciate it. thanks for stopping by

Check these out and see if they help.

So this was Just before feeding and lights out. Cheers looks great responding well nice and healthy. Shiva Skunk Half seem to be affected and not growing well also have the mosaic virus rate from seed so I’m so disappointed with the breeding. However it looks like I might be able to work with what I’ve got. I don’t know if they’re male or female yet. Same with the Afghani.
I cloned a few on Friday so I could see there sex however I was only able to take cuttings from six. Five Afghani 1 Shiva. It looks like they took so I’m hoping I can just put them under 1212 and see what happens.? I’ve never really done this part before so taking it day by day.

Cheese is the top photo. In 3 gallons recovering well From her transplant. Those LST again today. No issues looks great nodes are taped to the stem.

Next photo is Shiva skunk on the left on the right is the Afghan he. The Chivas are looking better each day but still ugly and to me look light burnt from when they were little or it could be the beginning onset of the mosaic virus. Same breeder as the last batch that had it. So frustrating and expensive. I have no bags no other signs that anything could be wrong in the room. I PH the water at 6.5. Holding Nutrients on wk 3 veg Schedule. Green planet.

On the right is my Afghani. It is growing beautifully some of the stocks are incredibly sick already maybe the dimension of a pencil or a pen I’ll take a close-up of it tomorrow. All looks good here. Trying to gather more clones to sex. Hopefully by end of week I will have them all. They’re just so take to the stock it’s hard to get them to stretch enough. .
Indica dominant so short stocky buggers but just touching the leaves they laid off this amazing aroma smells so good.

The last picture is more of a close-up of the Shiva skunk and what I’m talking about skinny leaves not very dark green it’s not thread both checks just feels like paper when you touch it and it’s marbled lightly. So I believe that it has the mosaic virus and that means probably about three of my Shiva as well be like this. They are all showing the same traits.

So today I try to clone a lot more of my Afghani and Shiva Skunk.
Unfortunately most of the Shiva are so fragile I won’t be able to clone them. Very disappointing. There are only a couple that are very strong. So I took those.But my Afghani I was able to clone quite a few unfortunately sometimes I took the top because I had no options they were just so tight to the stem no matter how much LST I did. I will be feeding tomorrow.
See you then,

So here is a little snippet of my bedroom. I added “Dense” by green Planet to the mix on the last feeding and it is incredible so happy the way they responded. So I want to highly recommend it looking forward to the next feeding and how they respond again. Anyway just thought I’d throw that in for anyone that wanted to know something new I learnt.
Have a great day! :green_heart:

Looks fantastic! I'm in on this one. The Shiva Skunk has a place in my heart. In the 90's all we had in Texas was Mex brick weed, and the occasional bag of "Hydro" came to town. So we pooled some extra cash and gave it to a friend spending the summer in Europe with his parents. They ended the summer in Amsterdam, so the plan was to buy lots of good seeds that weren't available back here. He spent all the cash and had like $30 left. So he ditched his family and headed to a coffee shop. They didn't have seeds but sent him and an employee in a taxi outside of town to a greenhouse and he bought 6 Shiva Skunk seeds from the guy there. All he could get after the taxi costs, lol.
He brought the seeds back in his mouth through customs! Those seeds led to years and years of Shiva Skunk being grown in Texas , then he got a job at a law firm in Ohio and put the mother plants in his suburban and drove them there, while his wife went with everything else. She was very cool about that, lol. Sorry for the long rant, but that strain brings back good memories.
Again, great looking plants!

@Deketx :welcome: That is a very cool story. Thank you for sharing it. Love hearing the journey people have been on when it come to weed. Happy to have you join in, sometimes I feel like Im talking to myself. haha I have heard some great stories from people and their travels. I have a few of my own but best to keep those mystery :kiss:

Shiva Skunk:
She is doing great for the most part. A couple of them have the Mosaic Virus. Of course those had to be female... ugh but that's ok. I can see about 40% F, 35% M, 25% unknown sex. That is about what I see so far. It is very early to fully sex and they are in week veg 4 right now. I am going to keep some as Mothers. I am going to set up another room for the males by mid week. I'll post a pic when I do get it done. It is in a separate building so I pray no cross contamination will happen. I guess I will keep it ole school and do ladies room first, then the males. ? Most the plants, are doing great event he sick ones are growing ok. The sick ones just don't look right and if it wasn't for my experience with my Bubba (same breeder) I would throw them, but the Bubba is finishing great sooo I'm in for the long haul.

*My Bubba Kush had Mosaic Virus and they are finishing totally fine, however they also seem to be finishing first out of the crop just to make a note. The virus has not spread from plant to plant. It has stayed only on the plant that showed the virus.

Keeping males for the pollen is going to be exciting and I know I will have questions so jump in any time.

My Goal:
I want to keep the males pollen... I'm so excited!!! This is new territory for me. I have successfully completed about say 15+ crops of approx. 65+ plants at a time however never kept or dealt with they boys club so I want only the plants who's phenotype I admire. I want to make my own genetics. Just a cross of the my strongest strains.Really for all different reasons. Aroma, flavour, THC, Growing style...

I also want to try Colloidal Silver. See what happens. I think I will try that one on my Cheese. Experiment. I will post that too. I wonder if I could post a small video of the conception, sounds weird by may help what to do and what not to do for next time.

Afghani:
Some definite strong males. I saw a few females, and many unknown. I rearranged them in batches so I can follow them accordingly. Afghani is a strong looking plant. The stock is solid and most seem to grow tight to the stock. I have been LST training them hard with very little movement. Love the look and broad leaves most of them. This is going to be a fun grow.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom