420 cleaner

CookieMan

Passionado
So I finally gave in and gave the 420 cleaner a shot today to clean my bubler. I usually would have used plain 90% iso alky. The 420 cleaner gets my approval since it has some silica sand in it which works great to get the majority of resin out. I ended up with a bunch of extra silica in the bottle which i'm gonna mix with some iso. Basically its just quciker then iso.

Just about a week ago, I cleaned my pipe and my bong, what I did was just get a plastic ziplock bag for each, and pour in 91% alcohol, and a couple sprinkles of salt, and shake it around for 30 secs, and then let them sit for about 10 minutes, and make sure they are being soaked in the alcohol. After the 10 minutes have passed, take them to a sink and get the water very warm, but not so hot it burns you, and rinse your pieces. The tar and everything else you pipe has collected will come off like nothing.:icon_cool

It worked great for me, hopefully it will for you too!

A local head shop here sells a pipe cleaner called "Bling" It works really well and almost totally eliminates any funky smell in your pipe, also has little abrasive beads that completly clean out the insides.

A local head shop here sells a pipe cleaner called "Bling"
THey seel it here as well, it is pretty much the same as the 4:20 cleaner. The "4:20" marking makes it "drug related" and touchy to sell; Thus the cross marketing of it under the Bling name making it able to B sold in Tobacco stores.

BTW: I love 'em both until I can find a way to get my own silica sand...

Formula 420 is a great product indeed. It is acredited with cleaning my friends uncleanable bubbler, Ole' Drippy. For really dirty pipes there is nothing better.

However, make sure you rinse the pipe out well and wash your hands with hot water after using it. :peace:

My guess is Simple Green won't be strong enough, but try it anyway and see if that proves to be wrong.

Just about a week ago, I cleaned my pipe and my bong, what I did was just get a plastic ziplock bag for each, and pour in 91% alcohol, and a couple sprinkles of salt, and shake it around for 30 secs, and then let them sit for about 10 minutes, and make sure they are being soaked in the alcohol. After the 10 minutes have passed, take them to a sink and get the water very warm, but not so hot it burns you, and rinse your pieces. The tar and everything else you pipe has collected will come off like nothing.:icon_cool

It worked great for me, hopefully it will for you too!

Truth. Table salt crystal are perfect for this... perfect cubes, lots of little microscopic scrubbing corners.

To be honest, I've never seen the reason to put the money into expensive cleaners. It seems like virtually any liquid that is abrasive, non-toxic, and doesn't destroy glass will work. In fact when I was out of rubbing alcohol and wanted to clean my pipe I soaked it overnight in saline contact solution, all the resin just rinsed right out of the pipe the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom