420 folks - A little help please

cbgb

thank you for responding, got a couple of questions

1. get this : i was looking through my mason jars from a recent harvest( nysd 2 plant small grow) i found this strange looking bud with huge calyx's. upon cutting up this bud to puff, i found 12 seeds....only,only in that bud....will those seeds i found be a hermie ? , female? or male ? i did not catch this while trimming but remember seeing a flower on the plant with unusually large calyx's , cut one open and found nothing. that was about 2 weeks prior to harvest...just dont want to wast my time on a hermie/male trait seed........thoughts? ever seen this before? btw ,the buds are great a ton of triches ........thanks

2. how long should i "burp" the mason jars ?

:thanks:

Re: 420 folks. a little help please

Any way the seeds got outside pollen on them? If they are hermie than more likely to make hermies.

I burp the jars until it stabilizes at 62% Rh. Can get small Rh gauges on Amazon for $3
Also look into boveda 62 packs - very helpful for slow curing

thanks ottawa,
that is what i don't understand. it was a 2 plant grow, both were healthy females w/ no sign of yellow powder or bananas. that was the only bud on two plants that were next to each other ,neither one showed male or hermie traits during the grow/harvest. .......the buds are great with a fruity taste, great yield and a nice high smothered with triches ,mother nature messing with me ?? lol

is there a relative time frame for the burp ? thanks

It's easy to miss a single sac, they are small.

No, no timeframe as it depends on air humidity, air temp, jar size, nug size, nug moisture, dry style etc.
I usually end up doing that 2-3 days but it is much different now with 60% humidity in my basement vs 40% in winter, and how much it dried before going into jars, wether it was secondary dried in paper bags, how big jars are. Etc

Back
Top Bottom