420 Girl Mimi Peleg

420RedHead

Israel's medical marijuana industry is thriving and the Israeli government is funding break through research on the healing potential of the cannabis plant. Mimi Peleg's job is to teach people how to use pot. How long to inhale smoke or vapor, how to administer sublingual drops or how to ration out a pot cookie. Mimi Peleg is director of the large scale cannabis distribution for Israel's state run medical program. My work for MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) is not my only job in Israel. I am also the Director of Large Scale Training at the Medical Cannabis Distribution Center (MECHKAR — an acronym meaning "research" in Hebrew), which serves thousands of patients from Abarbanel Hospital, Israel. MAPS is an organization aimed at studying the medical benefits of MDMA, the pure compound in the illegal drug Ecstasy, cannabis, and other drugs, has chosen Israel as a key location for psychedelic research. Like many of my patients, I too have PTSD. Treating PTSD by way of cannabis and MDMA is up close and personal for me both privately and professionally, and I perceive my contribution to the collective goal of "tikkun," or repairing the world, to be working on expanding medical research into alternative medications in Israel.

Picture_1046.jpg

420-girl-brittany-andrews-leaves.JPG

"The most important thing is that we stabilize phenotypes so that we can depend on what we're getting from one season to the next," said Abarbanel's Mimi Peleg, who does strain testing for three of the farms. "The way to get there is to start sharing genetics, to have this national grow where we have a nursery for everybody, and start making better and more healthy clones that we're giving away to the growers." However, she added, "this sharing attitude is not popular here." Doctors and other cannabis experts who spoke to the Jewish Journal agreed that one of the keys to writing cannabis into modern medical history, and to completing the clinical trials needed to more fully legitimize its use, will be to create standard strains or oils that can be replicated and expected to have consistent results, patient-to-patient. Peleg said she hopes ego wars among growers won't block Israel's road to a more compassionate system. "We have the opportunity to really do something better than anywhere else in the world", she said. "And I hope we take advantage of it." - Jewish Journal

Mimi_Peleg_Israel1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom