420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Cr8grow

Congrats on the harvest, cr8! It was a lovely grow to watch.

Day 112 from sprout = end of week 16, end of week 9 flower. Plants were chopped and hung this morning back in the cabinet after 48 hours darkness. Small circulation fans now removed, but still have good airflow, passive filtered intake out through 4” filter and exhaust fan. I may need to rig some spreaders for better airflow, as the big buds are hanging together towards the center of each plant. Or I may cut and hang individual branches, which I’ve never done. I do want to keep different phenos separated. I will be checking initial dryness daily, then trim and into big jars for pre-cure regulation down to about 62-63% RH. These plants are heavy, the heaviest I think of any of my grows so far. The big bud hanging in the center is the fat fasciated flower that literally snapped over during the dark period. After light was turned off I trimmed fan leaves and also frosty dense marble sized buds low that sprang back after my thinning early stretch. About one big handful, many are purple…will dry a few to sample this weekend. The smell is no longer rank, now skunk, pine and chlorophyll/soy sauce background. Pics from this morning, post-chop.
91054B11-A0E1-43A8-8ADB-C3CED75B76E5.jpeg
621AB698-1D4B-4D0C-9753-23F7C18D9C5E.jpeg
8B57060D-444E-446A-8893-90E86D0537B9.jpeg
2ABD6AE0-244A-4C40-9918-78EADA7CBAFF.jpeg

:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Congratz on the harvest brother. Was a great ride with the cookies. Looking dangg :passitleft:

That cigar box of frosty bitty buds were dry today…test smoke I’m very happy with effect and appetite within 2 hours. There were even some terpene and hashy flavors on the popcorn buds that overpowered the uncured chlorophyll, I’m guessing trim will be Friday based on bud and stem feel in the grow, now dry cabinet. Next up trimmed buds, scissor hash and probably a Labor Day bucket hash wash. Cheers
7D8491EF-8412-41D5-AD29-7803C45BF08D.jpeg

Plan looks like trim and big jar cure start tomorrow. That box of popcorn has been dipped into the past 2 days…wow. There is a light soy sauce chlorophyll back, but the trichomes and terpenes overpower the non-cured experience. I jarred with Boveda and I’m very impressed. These are the bitty frosty hanger-ons that are a great preview. Cheers
417C19C8-6E05-477F-AD84-D246A8826D45.jpeg

It’s been awhile since my last update…focus on dry and cure until now. Final yield update and pheno bud pics tomorrow, just now ready for daily use and longer term storage. Pic from August 24, chopped all the 27th. Slow hang dry and big jar burp cure now done…all buds stable in one big jar each at 59 to 61F. The bag appeal and smell is amazing. I do not rush this part of the grow, even though it occupies my grow cabinet until cure finished. Planning next grow now, a big departure from prior grows. Cheers
A2CFF411-F6FA-42DE-9DB2-00AC90ECF4F4.jpeg

First, thanks again to sponsor @Weed Seeds Express for providing great GSC Fem genetic seeds for this comparative grow, @420 for coordinating and hosting the grow and also to the 420 growers here who taught me a lot once again. Harvest update: Day 134 from sprout (19 weeks). Chop was at end of week 16, so Veg 7 weeks, Flower 9 weeks, and dry/cure approximately 3 weeks. I dry and cure in my dark grow cabinet with just the 4” fan pulling in HEPA filtered air down low and out through the carbon filter and vent up top. Conditions are stable at 64F and 50% RH in the unfinished part of my basement, same in the cabinet with no lights, soil, etc. Hang/initial dry was 6-9 days, depending on the plant. I like to dry trim buds at around 68-70% RH. Once buds are trimmed they go into large glass jars with mini humidity gauges. The little gauges vary in accuracy a bit so I first place all of them in a jar with a couple 62% Boveda humidity packs overnight. The next day I select 4 that read closest to 62%. If humidity after being sealed overnight is higher than 72% I will dump trimmed buds on the trim tray to dry out overnight before re-jarring. Once at 72% I then open the jars about twice daily to introduce oxygen for the bacteria and to vent out humidity. I keep up this process until all jars are at 60% RH, then seal tightly and turn off my 4” fan. The glass burp/cure took from 13 to 16 days, now all at 60%. I break down each pheno into 1/2 ozs. and add a Boveda pack to each jar for longer term cure and storage in a cool dark and dry place. The tester buds pinched from the cure jars are smaller but very high quality, sticky, with high terpene smells that vary a bit by plant. This is my 6th grow, so dealt out sixes to all at sprout. Yield update: 6♦️59 grams, 6♣️ 38 grams, 6♥️ 47 grams, 6 ♠️ 49 grams = 6.9 ozs cured organic bud, plus 98 grams (3.5 ozs.) nice sugar leaf trim for hash or butter. I know I smoked at least 3 grams of testers, so calling bud yield 7 ozs. from my 3x3 grow cabinet.
6C52533B-DAE8-45E6-98A8-DE18265E02E7.jpeg
BF2CC952-5C8D-4226-8D9D-1E122A990D06.jpeg
0AEC6909-180C-4B93-9EF8-36F8CAA65C48.jpeg
A352A2E0-B1A4-4355-B3E5-7B9BB100A4BD.jpeg
BE02AE84-F41A-4E61-844F-77BD99B4EA54.jpeg
Pics are from weigh in today. I just remembered I accidentally lost two main bud sites during LST, which explains the 38 gram plant. Planning next grow now. Cheers

Congrats cr8 amazing looking harvest! I am intrigued to know more about them uno cards ya got hanging with your buds!! Cheers my friend!
Thanks Moto258, the playing cards are a callback to a funky sandwich shop in Portland OR that handed you a playing card when you placed you order and they would bring food to the right table. This is my 6th grow, so dealt out sixes to all at sprout. Cheers

Hi @cr8grow Thanks for the heads up on the dry tutorial. I have a few questions.

Do you mind if I ask questions here, or would you prefer I ask in the thread I grow in?

Back
Top Bottom