420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick

Hey DD.

They look good. Are they in 5 gallon pots now? I'm wondering when you're planning on putting them into flower?

Very nice! Love the way you took the photos as well:circle-of-love:
Thank you, mate. I appreciate that.
Hey DD.

They look good. Are they in 5 gallon pots now? I'm wondering when you're planning on putting them into flower?
Hey HG :ciao:
They’re still in their 2 litre pots. You might call them about a half gallon?

I think they’ll be another couple of weeks in these pots (I may be surprised, but based on how things have gone in the past). Then the first will be flipped to flower a couple of weeks after that.
GSC #1 won’t get any training. She’ll be flowered in a 3 gallon pot. The others will be trained in 4 or 5 gallon pots.

I was thinking about doing no training on one of mine. They're not particularly tall plants so it's not like they need to be topped for height issues.

I'm thinking no topping on one, topping and LSTing 2 of them and FIMing and LSTing 1 of them. But, LSTing is still pretty new to me so I'm trying to absorb all the different methods people on 420 use and then figure out which one will work best for me.

Amy advised against a quadline for me as she said it was probably more work than I would want to do. And, since she has physical issues as well, I figure she knows what she's talking about.

So, your plants are only in half gallon pots? How big are the plants? They don't seem big enough to be 40 days old yet.

How big are the plants? They don't seem big enough to be 40 days old yet.
Sorry I didn’t reply earlier, but I was away from my garden when you asked and I had to measure them.
There are two at 4”, two at 5” and one at 6” tall. They are each starting their fifth node.
You are right about their size, but it’s like our friend the learned cuzzie secret agent who didn’t order hot champagne says. . .
@DonkeyDick has the last TARDIS in existence.
It may look like a shrubbery but is a forrest in reality.
:yummy:
It’s all about perspective. (And sonic screwdrivers for some reason?)
And my personal perspective on it all is a very happy one. Temperatures here have been in the single figures Celsius for a few weeks now. That and a little bit of artistic hunger (that’s how you can tell if you’re an artist, I understand) stalled them out for a week or two.
I had next to no anxiety that they’d pull through. That with their heat pad and some Geoflora to look forward to, they’d perk up again. I believe the inoculants helped immensely.
Timing-wise they’re working in well with the rest of my garden. So there’s that.
All things considered, the WSE website claims these can thrive under all kinds of conditions. I’ve tested a couple. So far, so good.
:thumb:
Beauties! And nice cuppage!
:thanks: Stone :high-five:
I'm trying to absorb all the different methods people on 420 use and then figure out which one will work best for me.
:bravo:
Try everything.
I settled on quadlining and it’s variants as the easiest way to get multiple colas in a canopy. I look forward to seeing how things work out for you.

Cookie dough rising

Day 45

Not doing too badly.
GSC #2 is out front size-wise as predicted. A whopping seven inches tall.
GSC #4 has a bit of scoliosis, she’s fine.
You wouldn’t know that GSC #5 had a tricky germination.
They aren’t heavy drinkers yet, but I imagine they are building the healthiest roots this Stable has seen, with the soil inoculants establishing themselves underground.
It’s been five or six days since they were watered and they aren’t telling me they are thirsty yet. If they are, they’ll have to speak up.

Four of them will be topped soon.
Thanks for checking in.
:peace::love:
I hope that your gardens are thriving!

Lush and lovely DD. Well done!
Thanks, Shed :ganjamon:

Day 46
First feed

After commenting yesterday I checked and a couple of their pots were a little on the light side. Then I checked when I transplanted and found that our little GSCs are getting better mileage from their nutes than they might have.
Lucky me.
So each 2 litre pot got (almost) a tablespoon of @GeoFlora Nutrients veg formula top dressed with an RO H2O chaser.

Cheers
:snowboating:

I’ve seen patients in the ambulance service respond to the paddles in much the same way as plants do to your product, @DYNOMYCO . When I apply it now I’m suppressing the urge to shout “Clear!”

:snowboating:

Love it @DonkeyDick !

Happy Growing :peace:

Back
Top Bottom