420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick

:popcorn:

:ciao:

Hi there 420 Magazine.

I’m excited to say @GeoFlora Nutrients, @DYNOMYCO and Earth Alive products arrived today from our beneficent sponsors.

:yahoo:

Thanks again to @Weed Seeds Express and everyone else who has pulled this project together.

Being a part of this is a dream come true.

:green_heart:

Bringing on the meds...
Looking super good @DonkeyDick !! :hippy:

Seedlings have been trucking along seamlessly. I’ve been getting to grips with this new nutrient, @GeoFlora Nutrients, and how to use it.

The seedlings are almost ready for their first transplant so I have prepared some soil for them. I measured out a 5 litre bag of perlite into this tote and established the first pots our GSC crew will be in are about 2 litres.

When I first saw the amounts of Geoflora we were to add to the soil I doubted whether I’d have enough to finish five plants. I’m now pretty confident there’ll be ample!

The bacterial and myco inoculations are such a bonus.

I’ve only used Geoflora Nutrients once so far and I already like it. I’m sure our plants will too.

I’ll transplant later in the week.

Thanks for looking in, everyone. I appreciate your support.

Transplant day in the Stable
Day 30

As you can see I have been trying to hold off feeding this group. @GeoFlora Nutrients had not arrived when the seeds were planted, but everything is good and ready now.

I normally prefer to let this root mass develop more before transplanting, but it’s time they were getting on. Not only do they need the nutes in the new soil, but I also see that the heat pad inhibits those long tap roots from spiralling around the bottom of the cups.

Standard Operating Procedures for the inverse sandcastle method.

I would have been anxious seeing the slight yellowing as seedlings exhaust their resources. It’s been interesting to watch, having heard about it but not seen it.

I have no doubt these young plants will be fine in no time. Having spent the last month or two watching what has been happening in everyone else’s gardens I have every confidence in @Weed Seeds Express seed stock, @GeoFlora Nutrients and @DYNOMYCO.

Things will be getting more interesting here soon. Thanks for tuning in.

but I also see that the heat pad inhibits those long tap roots from spiralling around the bottom of the cups.
They are looking great. Very cool to see the heat pruning from the seedling mat. I would much rather have pruned tap roots with lots of lateral feeder roots than super long tap roots at the bottom of the pot. Your lateral root growth is the best!

I wonder if that heat affects their growth pattern negatively after a certain amount of time?

Transplant day in the Stable
Day 30

As you can see I have been trying to hold off feeding this group. @GeoFlora Nutrients had not arrived when the seeds were planted, but everything is good and ready now.

I normally prefer to let this root mass develop more before transplanting, but it’s time they were getting on. Not only do they need the nutes in the new soil, but I also see that the heat pad inhibits those long tap roots from spiralling around the bottom of the cups.

Standard Operating Procedures for the inverse sandcastle method.

I would have been anxious seeing the slight yellowing as seedlings exhaust their resources. It’s been interesting to watch, having heard about it but not seen it.

I have no doubt these young plants will be fine in no time. Having spent the last month or two watching what has been happening in everyone else’s gardens I have every confidence in @Weed Seeds Express seed stock, @GeoFlora Nutrients and @DYNOMYCO.

Things will be getting more interesting here soon. Thanks for tuning in.
Great work on the transplants @DonkeyDick!! :thumb:

Nice work on the transplants, and I'm sure they'll be much happier when the roots hit the GeoFlora. I top dressed my Sour G in the solo cup with 1 tsp when the first true leaves came out, and now it looks better than my nute-(under)fed plants!
Thanks, Shed. It’s fun getting to grips with this new regimen. I’m enjoying the novelty of this new ‘water only’ business. I could get used to this! And thanks @GeoFlora Nutrients for making this easy!
They are looking great. Very cool to see the heat pruning from the seedling mat. I would much rather have pruned tap roots with lots of lateral feeder roots than super long tap roots at the bottom of the pot. Your lateral root growth is the best!

I wonder if that heat affects their growth pattern negatively after a certain amount of time?
Thanks, BA. No doubt I will find out how much damage the heat pad can do some time. (For science!) For now, our GSCs have had enough trouble already.
Great work on the transplants @DonkeyDick!! :thumb:
Thank you, @Weed Seeds Express
:high-five:

Garden Update

After their transplants last week they continued to yellow as expected, and as expected they have started to colour up properly now.

I’ve given them a little water around the edges of their pots. Not to saturation, just to tease some root growth out. It seems to be working.

That was yesterday. This is today.

I notice that GSC #3 has developed her first 5 fingered leaf at the second, not the third node. The other 4 each have a single fingered leaf at the first node and a three fingered leaf at the second node, then their first 5 fingered (‘true leaf’) at the third node.

It will be of interest to see whether any phenotypic variance shows up as we go.

Thanks for looking in, folks. :ciao:

Good evening, Donkey.

Could you please let me know what size pot your beautiful GSCs are in? :Namaste:

Day 40

Our Girl Scout Cookies are forty days above ground now.
They couldn’t be more fuss-free. I’ve transplanted them once into precharged soil and given them only water since. Not even that much water either.

Their colour is back up and they are firing on all cylinders now.
They are happily sat about 20” below 150W of LED.

Thanks for your eyes :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom