420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Magnus

Magnus8

Good afternoon!

Okay I see I’m off to a late start. I had a few plants that had to finish flowering before I could start my grow. I also needed to clean my tent. My roommate’s dog had pissed right beside my tent and because my trailer needs to be leveled it all ran right under my tent. So my roommate picked some enzyme cleaner and we saturated the floor of my tent with it yesterday. Now it’s ready for action again.
341836BD-2319-405D-AB20-6509EE9442D9.jpeg

My tent is four by five by six tall. Good enough space for four plants. So this morning I dropped four of my feminized Girl Scout Cookies seeds into a cup with water in it. I will remove them at about four a.m. when I get up and place them in a ziplock baggie sandwiched between two sides of a damp paper towel.

have a great day everyone!

2F9B85DD-042D-4D60-A59B-131C8A4F7B20.jpeg

How about some background on the planned grow? Soil? Hydro? Any training? Inquiring minds want to know.
My goal was to get to all that tomorrow when I’ve got a bit more time. Just swamped today.

Good morning, all. Hope y’all had great evenings. I was really bagged so I was in bed early and slept late. Woke up so sore I couldn’t believe it. Too much yard work these past couple of days, I suppose.

Okay. So ive removed the seeds from their soak and placed them between some folded up, damp paper towel. Then ive placed the paper towel in a ziplock baggie and sealed it up, thereby preventing evaporation of the water from the paper towel. This will allow the seeds to germinate nicely while not drying out.
F0F40803-ACDA-47FA-95DC-44B132D87868.jpeg
BC03B97B-4048-461B-B64C-8FFD61A7A6EC.jpeg

I’ll place this baggie in my coffee cup cupboard where it will be dark and warm and WHERE I WILL REMEMBER IT! I’m notorious for putting them in a cupboard and then forgetting them until a week or so passes… lol.

So into the cupboard they will go and tomorrow morning I will check on them. It is likely that at least one will need to be planted already by that time.

All my best,
~Magnus

Good luck in the grow! :circle-of-love:
Thanks Emilya! Welcome and pull up a chair around the fire pit. Gonna be a good summer and early autumn, methinks.

Should plan a weenie roast for all… let me think on that.

All my best,
~Magnus

Okay. So how am I going to grow this grow?

I plant in HP ProMix substrate and I’ll be using provided Geoflora nutes for the first time. Of course I’ll be sowing four feminized Girl Scout Cookies from Weed Seed Express for this comparative grow.

My light is a Mars-Hydro TS3000 full spectrum led that covers 5x5 in veg and 4x4 in flower. It basically covers my entire tent beautifully.

My tent is a pretty good tent without any light leaks that could cause issues. I water with water from the rain barrel when available and from the tap when it’s not. I used to purchase rso water when I had to but I no longer need to do that.

my other primary nute, also a powder, does not require the user to adjust pH of the solution at all. And I really like that. So I have to find out if it might be the same for these nutes. I’ll call the company to find out. I doubt it, but one can always hope, right?

Any more questions? Don’t hesitate to ask.

All my best,
~Magnus

Welcome to the GSC Comparative Grow, Magnus. I'll be following your journal for sure.
Thanks HG. As I’ve already been inspired by yours.

Good morning. So the strangest thing happened yesterday. I pulled the paper towel from its ziplock bag where I was germinating my four GSC seeds. Lo and behold, when I opened the paper towel up I discovered that on two of the seeds the taproot was separated from the seed head, broken, and the seed crushed!

I have no idea how in the hell this happened - none at all. I don’t remember setting anything down on them or anything falling over onto them or even dropping the bag. I MUST have set something on top of them while cleaning yesterday without even realizing it.

But the other two seeds were fine and so I planted them in two six inch pots and then dropped another two seeds in water. Boy, was I bummed. Still am. In fact, I was so disappointed that I just threw them out while neglecting to photographically document it.

I decided to condition the soil at transplant, as the package directions indicated I could. The only reason I didn’t condition the soil upon first planting is because, quite frankly, I had no container large enough to mix up ten gallons of medium at a time. Since I’m going to be growing in five gallon fibre pots, ten gallons of medium is about the minimum I need to mix at a time.

Here is what the seeds looked like first thing in the morning, sprouting strong taproots.
00790CF8-BF7E-4392-A2F4-B40E8C58C0F3.jpeg

Here is my wealth of goodies supplied by our sponsors for the grow. I had no idea that EARTHALIVE Soil Activator was made in Canada, in Lasalle, Quebec until I read the label. But so it is. I wonder if the company is Canadian owned and operated? I’ll have to look into that.
2E17C31E-22EA-44A3-9066-D6DF63982474.jpeg

So here are two pots planted with germinated seeds while the two at the back remain simply with medium and a hole poked in the middle where I was going to plant the other two seeds until I discovered they were no longer viable (I still have no idea what I did to them!).
EDB556F0-95A2-468E-876F-0FBAEBF07C02.jpeg

And here are the two new seeds I dropped in water.
35F00C92-7A54-4482-9B26-06F0016862F0.jpeg

So I’m terribly embarrassed about those two seeds and having to admit that I screwed up somehow even if I don’t know how. But I guess things like this can happen to the best of us, eh?

All my best,
~Magnus

6E6BFE50-6404-4D2A-B9E4-656F8F119B6B.jpeg

Hello all. So I’ve planted those two extra seeds and one of the original has popped. Not much else to say.

image.jpg

Been looking through some of the other journals and I’m quite excited for what is to come. Patience young paduan (I have no idea how to spell that word - does anyone know if I got it right?).

Gotta run. Heading down to the farmers market for eggs and whatever else so I must run. Cheers and have great days!

~Magnus

Back
Top Bottom