420 Magazine: Activist Central

Thank you for the heads up. With my supercharged empathetic nature that was difficult just watching. I didn't need the emotional damage of hearing it too. How do these guys sleep at night?

I feel ya sweety and I have no idea how they sleep or live with themselves treating families like that.

TBH, I forgot about that part today when I went to watch it again and got choked up just hearing and seeing it again. It's one of those images you can't get out of your mind and sends chills down your spine. I also keep thinking that a stray bullet could have just as well killed that little boy too. This aint the Taliban here, this is an innocent American family with a pet and a kid in the house and there going in firing assault rifles? WTF? Totally unnecessary and uber militant behavior!!!

Cops here in Georgia treat people like that all the time too, things like that have even happened to people that I know personally and people wonder why I get so worked up when I talk about law enforcement and don't seem to understand why I'm so jaded towards them. I just get pictures in my mind of how the Gestapo treated the Jews in Europe in the 30's and 40's and keep thinking, here they are again on American soil and now Americans are being targeted for their cultural differences.

So yes, I'm a hard core, outspoken and pissed off Cannabis activist and this documentary (among others) is my driving force and I'm hoping that when others watch it they'll get that fire in their gut too.

Hey, Brother 420 warrior, thanks for your work! I make oil and get it to very sick people and so can't (am afraid to) be more vis. than this post. Wish I could speak out more, but I am having unbelievable success relieving suffering and praise your lord for using me this way. What an honor for me.

Brother John, your the true Cannabis warrior in every sense of the word my friend and I am honored to just be here in the same room with you. It's my life's dream to do what you do brother. Compassionate care is the most noble and worthy Cannabis cause on the planet and what I'm doing pales in comparison. When I pray in my own way, to whom God is in my own heart, I pray for everyone on the planet who can't do for themselves and for those that do what they can to help those who can't. I pray for the suffering to end my brother, in every form that it exists.

You just keep up the good works brother and we'll speak out for you, ok?

:bravo: :thanks: :Namaste:

Great Video, just sent it off to a few people and am hoping they will take the time to actually watch it.

Yea brother, I hope they watch this too, it really does depict some of the reasoning behind why we do what we do.

There's another 3 part series documentary called "Marijuana Miracle Cure" that really dives deep into the science of why Cannabis is such good medicine and could really help with your sisters negative position on Cannabis if you can get her to watch it?

I've had a little trouble finding it on YouTube though, but I'll keep trying to look for it to bring here. I found it after doing an on demand search through my cable and recorded it so maybe you could look for it like that too?

:goodjob:Thanks for your kind words, 420Warrior. We'll hit em from all sides. There's no stopping us now!!!:thumb:

I Love your strength fellow older grower, I feel like you've got what it will take! I'm so proud of you!!! Goose bumps, glossy eyes,.
I wish I could say, yeah I ate cheerios as a kid, or it was my strong Catholic religious background, but the truth of the matter is I know 1st hand what it feels like to get locked up on BS charges. What it feels like when you are released and for you your still living from last year but everyone else lives have moved on.
Hey, Brother 420 warrior, thanks for your work! I make oil and get it to very sick people and so can't (am afraid to) be more vis. than this post. Wish I could speak out more, but I am having unbelievable success relieving suffering and praise your lord for using me this way. What an honor for me.
I would love to make what I grow into oil and give it to some poor person, but I have no idea on how to go about it. Oh I know how to make the oil, it is just how does one find a good candidate to give it to. If you prefer to discuss this in PM thats cool but I am serious when I say, I would like to get oil to people who can not afford it, what I do not want to do is give it to someone who is going to turn around and sell it.

OG, check out Grow4Vets.

Hello Everyone,

Very interesting thread. Have been a smoker for 45 years. Mostly in Cal. (pre med) and Kansas. Grew for 4 yrs. Had to be very careful or end up in jail. But because none was legal all of our money went to the blackmarket. I really would like to buy/grow it legally. I quit growing when my husband passed away but have been thinking about doing it again. It's so calming and peaceful in the grow. I have actually been an advocate since the 70's but no formal education.

Kansas is going to be tough. They still haven't ratified the 21st amendment. There is also the stamp act we have here. Kansas is going to get squeezed though. With Colorado on the West and Missouri on the East, once Missouri decriminalizes in 2017. Its going to get weird.

Thank you so much, will keep reading
P. Green

Hello Everyone,

Very interesting thread. Have been a smoker for 45 years. Mostly in Cal. (pre med) and Kansas. Grew for 4 yrs. Had to be very careful or end up in jail. But because none was legal all of our money went to the blackmarket. I really would like to buy/grow it legally. I quit growing when my husband passed away but have been thinking about doing it again. It's so calming and peaceful in the grow. I have actually been an advocate since the 70's but no formal education.

Kansas is going to be tough. They still haven't ratified the 21st amendment. There is also the stamp act we have here. Kansas is going to get squeezed though. With Colorado on the West and Missouri on the East, once Missouri decriminalizes in 2017. Its going to get weird.

Thank you so much, will keep reading
P. Green

P. Green, I just came across this post. My husband passed away last year and it was maintaining a grow journal here that got me through the grief of losing his companionship and kept me stable. Yes, it's peaceful and life-affirming and it gave me something to plan for when nothing made sense to me.

Do get back to growing. Your soul will thank you. Harvest helps with attitude too. :laughtwo: So sorry to hear you're in Kansas. I'm in PA. They finally passed a law. Now they'll fight amongst themselves and drag implementation out for another ten years. :straightface:

Very interesting read, always looking to gain knowledge. As the old saying all knowledge is good knowledge. In regards to getting involved with the above, how would I go about it from the u.k? Always looking to help the cause, as I use for medical purposes. Just wish people would open their eyes and see the wonders that this plant can achieve, but seeing as that is not going to just happen it is down to fellow growers and tokers to do something about it. Anything I can do to help from the UK, please just send me a message. Will always try and reply within 12 hour period. Thanks triggz. Peace Love and Respect.

Well guys/gals, I'd first like to apologise for being away so long, it's been a couple of years since I was here fighting the good fight for reasons beyond my control but rest assured I was still fighting be it here or not.

Allot has happened since I was here last thanks to people like us who were willing to get down in the trenches and get their hands dirty, so now several states get to enjoy legal recreational Cannabis use and I'd like to give a big shout out to those Cannabis warriors who never gave up their commitment to the cause.

It's a beautiful thing to see firsthand what people can do when they all band together and stick to their guns like that and it should be a lesson to us all that mountains indeed can be moved when there's a collective push for what's right!

That being said, we must understand that this war is still far from over, there are still huge mountains to be moved. Just a few states legalizing is certainly a huge step in the right direction but the house of cards is still standing for many states and certainly on the federal level.

People are still out there needing our help and for this reason we need to stay focused on the real prize of not one more person facing persicution and life destroying incarceration for a beautiful life giving plant.

Today, we find ourselves at the threshold of achieving something absolutely great and notable for the history books if we can just see it through to the end. There's no time to get complacent now when we're so close to the finish line.

Stay diligent, keep writing and sending in your letters, let law makers know that all be it a noble gesture to let a few states have what they want, it's never going to be over until we ALL enjoy those same freedoms!

We can do this guys/gals, we just need to keep making the big push to the finish line!

Thank you for coming Emilya, you are certainly most welcome here my new friend.

Like I said in the other thread, it's a bit dusty in here because so much has changed in recent years but allot of it still rings true to this day, like the fact that people are still being incarcerated for Cannabis and the same also rings true for people still being denied this life giving medicine because of the stubbornness of greedy ignorant people who prefer the all mighty dollar over care and compassion!

The mission for me is to never let up until not one more person is denied the freedom to enjoy Cannabis as they see fit, wether it's for medicinal reasons of for adult recreational consumption. It doesn't even matter to me if Georgia legalizes or not, I will still be fighting for it on the federal level and ultimately world wide... That's the message Jack Herer preached and that's the message I myself will be modeling from as well.

I totally agree with everyone that we are really close to the goal with so many states enjoying Cannabis recreationally now but my stance is that it's never over until the fat lady sings, which is to say that what we should all be shooting for is rescheduling federally like alcohol and tobacco and ultimately EVERY state allowed to enjoy Cannabis as they see fit.

Make no mistake, there's still allot of work left to be done and here for us is a good place to try to find solutions for each and every roadblock we encounter collectivly.

Ideas are the building blocks to solutions and solutions are the building blocks to forward movement and that's what this thread is about, finding solutions so we can move forward to the finish line of all out Cannabis legalization.

I am an executive in the pharmaceutical industry. My primary job as an economist is to analyze market trends and determine how best to leverage our industry so as to take advantage of the emerging cannabis industry and to be ready for the impact of the DHHS patent expiring in 2023 that will open up the industry to clinical testing here in the USA. I feel comfortable saying that there is zero chance of rescheduling cannabis in the USA until then, no matter how much pressure is coming from the activism efforts in roughly half of the states.
The FDA is terrified of the expected backlash against the entire pharmaceutical industry and the loss of revenue that will occur across the board when everyone is able to try out their own backyard medicines for a myriad of maladies, especially knowing that they will be effective. The industry desperately needs to be ready to bring their own formulations to testing and quickly to market once this patent expires, and frankly, no one is ready. Without clinical testing no one can claim to have a cure for anything, or even be able to claim safety and effectiveness for even the simplest applications of this class of drugs. At this point in time, the hobbyists are way ahead of the industry and although there are many formulations on the table right now for pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, psychological relief and many others, nothing yet can be claimed or tested, and without that, no patents can be applied for so as to protect the work of these companies spending money on this R&D.
This will all come to a head in 2023 and whomever is President at that time is going to have to deal with this... the industry and the people will demand it. Until then, all we as activists can expect to accomplish is to change minds at the state level and increase the number of states allowing use of the prohibited drug. While we sit crippled by the actions of previous administrations to declare a war on drugs, this one in particular, we simply watch while Israel works out actual natural cures and medicines for a whole new range of diseases, based on cannabinoids. By the time this all shakes out, several American pharmaceuticals are expected to go out of business, no longer able to compete with their old medicines and we expect to see a strengthening of access to foreign pharmaceutical markets as soon as it is legal to do so.

Thank you so much for bringing us your insider insight to the table for us to ponder on, that's exactly the kind of thing this thread was designed for so that we can prepare for what's coming down the pipe in the years to come.

Hopefully there will be enough scientific research done by then to substantiate the reclassification of Cannabis but in the mean time I would argue that we still should be sending in those letters demanding reclassification none the less.

I don't believe it could hurt anything by keeping the pressure on them so that they know we're not just going to let it go an give up on it. They need to know that the people are fully aware of how ludacris it is to keep something with a track record of zero deaths in history scheduled higher than that of much more deadly substances.

No offense but I hope that big pharma does get a big fat reality check when they've been such a big part of the problem for so many years and never even tried to be part of the solution and the same thing goes for big tobacco and big alcohol as well.

This greed mongering narcissistic attitude that they know what's best for us by keeping us drunk, dying from cancer and hooked on opiates needs to become a thing of the past because the people have wised up, gotten educated and are now letting that cat out of the proverbial bag.

I say we keep recruiting and educating and trying our best to get a nation wide movement going again but this time it won't just be a bunch of subculture hippies like it was in the 60s and 70s, this time it'll be doctors and lawyers and people from all walks of life, be it rich, poor or middle class Americans we all should come together and make a stand!

My biggest thing is getting people to get over there fear of retaliation by letting them know that there are things they can do to be active without drawing attention to their personal lives, things like sending in letters and emails and signing pititions are nothing more than exercising ones freedom of speech, things like coming here and educating themselves is another thing they can do, attending Grass Roots meetings is another. Bottom line, there are many ways to be actively involved that doesn't require putting yourself in harm's way. When you think about it, there's not much to be afraid of by just voicing your beliefs and opinions, we're constitutionally protected by law so really, what is there to be afraid of? I'm not saying we should light up a fatty in front of city Hall in defiance of the law, all I'm saying is that there are ways to be active and still stay under the radar and we need to be teaching this stuff to people who want the same things we do but don't know where to start.

I'm looking forward to this thread, and hope more folks stop by. I will try to guide people in this direction, experienced and new-to-the-experience alike.

I encourage everyone reading this thread, to drop some likes, add the link to your signature, share your thoughts and experience, and most importantly--Ask questions.

Sometimes people would like to get involved with the movement, but don't know how, or where to get a start. This can be a place of opportunity for those people. Ask for ideas.

People with years of experience in this movement can seem intimidating --at first. Don't let that
shy you away, if you're not as experienced, let it be an opportunity to learn. They were a noob once too! Share your thoughts, no matter what "experience level", it's experience none-the-less.

Activism. To some people, this is a scary and misunderstood word, especially in our social climate.
Anytime you hear it, it's generally followed by very negative comments, that are made by people of opposition. It's fear mongering 101. Being active in a movement, any movement, is being an activist.
My grandmother handing out pamphlets, for her church's "Cookies with Jesus" bake sale, is Activism.

I will be around, to help, guide, and share anything I can. If anyone wants to help, but is affraid to post, feel free to start a conversation with me.

The Capitan is exactly right, this isn't a place to be intimidated by at all, it's a learning center for fledgling activists and a teaching center for those already in the game. There are no boundaries or stupid questions, only the ones you don't ask.

Remember, we are all on the same team and we all face uncertainty in this quest for legalization together, so if you do have an idea and some input, or just have a story to share on the subject, by all means please share it as we are ALL here to learn, myself included.

What we are here to do is figure out what works and what doesn't, we want to take what works and hone in on it and peak and tune it for maximum effectiveness and what doesn't work will either be tweaked to work or chalked up as something we know not to repeat again.

Here are just a few things I'd like to get going with this movement we're starting here;

1. At some point in the near future, I want everyone here to help come up with ideas for 420 Mag fliers to pass out as an invite to the site for people who don't know about it or haven't even given much thought about joining a community like this. There are tens of millions of Cannabis consumers out there both for medical reasons and recreational alike and they need to know that there is a place like this for them to take refuge and be a part of something greater than all of us.

2. I plan on drafting some letters for people to copy/paste and send in to our respective reps. I will be posting them here and I want people to read them carefully and help me tweak them for maximum effectiveness. I also want anyone else who's interested in doing some writing of their own to feel free to post their own letters here as well. Surely we can all collectively come up with some that will strike a cord with the people that are supposed to be representing us. As many compassionate people as we have here, I'm looking forward to reading the beautiful words that are sure to come out of this.

3. I want us to start some petitions on behalf of 420 Magazine and go about the business of getting every member here signing them and generating momentum. Just think about it, If we could get signatures from every member here, we would have more or less 150,000 signatures to send in to the powers that be and we would be letting them know just how serious we are about our mission.

I'm sure there are allot more things we can be doing but these are just a couple of things I've been wanting to do for a while now but had to put on the back burner until I was sure people really wanted to get involved.

Thanks guys, I look forward to taking this journey with y'all and I feel in my heart that we can accomplish great things together if we can just stick to our guns and NEVER give up.

:Namaste:

Sometimes I wish I still had back room access so I could sticky this thread at the top but I guess posting new stuff to it will have to do? Maybe if it was getting tons of hits, we could appeal to have it stuck on top?

Anyway, has anyone given any thought or have any ideas for making some printable 420 Magazine fliers? I'm thinking about starting a new thread just for that purpose so we can get the creative juices flowing in a central location where we can get in and out of easily.

I really do think that having something physically tangible to put in people's hands could prove to be a powerful tool for us when were out pressing the flesh and promoting 420 Magazine out in the world. We could be putting stacks of them in local head shops, vape shops, adult toy shops and anywhere else that would let us promote our message.

My thoughts are that we should be promoting the 420 Magazine brand just as much as we do Cannabis itself because they really go hand in hand IMO. Logic being that in order for people to become activist, they must first become knowledgeable and what better place than here to gain that knowledge? We don't want fledgling activists being caught out there with their pants down, not fully knowing how to respond to people when their being asked questions by people who are still on the fence about Cannabis.

I'm even thinking about doing some business cards as well? I still have the one that 420 sent me years ago and I'm sure I can have it duplicated somewhere.

I'm not going to lie, what we're taking on is going to take some serious legwork, time, effort and tenacity on our part but the payoff in the end will hopefully make huge strides for us in the long run if we just stay positive and focused.

Fingers crossed on getting more traffic!

I did notice someplace on here, I forget how to get there off hand, has pre-made flyers for Hemp.
Once WE get something put together, hopefully the folks in the backroom, can sticky our flyer/cards/pamphlets somewhere.

I'd like to see a standard version, and something customizable, where folks could add dates and other info for their specific gatherings/needs.

I have plenty of experience with Promotion, and I will start kicking around ideas, and see what kind of "rough drafts" I can put together.

Any and all input is welcome, and all contributions are Greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom