420 Magazine: Activist Central

Legalize Hemp Flyer to Print & Pass Out!

This is what you were talking about and it would also be a great one to use along with our 420 Mag fliers IMO.

I don't really talk much about Hemp but I certainly do agree with it's all out legalization and we really should be adding it to our talking points regimen TBH.

I read somewhere that studies have shown that in my state of Georgia, Hemp would be a perfect cash crop here because of our warm climate, rain fall totals and sandy soil in the southern part of the state, it was determined that Georgia has near perfect conditions for it. Pretty much all of south Georgia is agricultural and we could be a mecca for Hemp production in the US it our law makers would allow it.

Just an FYI, anything you can't find, try the search tab, it's a very useful tool and something I used allot when I was a news hawk ;)

From Wiki:
The Hemp Farming Act of 2018 was a proposed law to remove hemp (defined as cannabis with less than 0.3% THC) from Schedule I controlled substances and making it an ordinary agricultural commodity. Its provisions were incorporated in the 2018 United States farm bill that became law on December 20, 2018.

In late March 2018, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced he would introduce legislation legalizing hemp production in his state, Kentucky, and nationally.[1][2][3] McConnell introduced the bill, S.2667, on the Senate floor on April 12, 2018, co-sponsored by Oregon senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley.[4][5] McConnell announced that Representative James Comer of Kentucky would introduce a companion bill in the House of Representatives.[6] The companion bill, H.R. 5485, was introduced on April 12, with Colorado Representative Jared Polis co-sponsoring.[7]

In addition to removing low-THC cannabis from regulation under the Controlled Substances Act, the 2018 act would avail hemp farmers of water rights and federal agricultural grants, and make the national banking system (in a gray area for cannabis industry[a]) accessible to farmers and others involved; and allow for other benefits of production of a recognized crop such as marketing, agronomy research, and crop insurance.

This is a good example of activism that worked!

Legalize Hemp Flyer to Print & Pass Out!

This is what you were talking about and it would also be a great one to use along with our 420 Mag fliers IMO.

I don't really talk much about Hemp but I certainly do agree with it's all out legalization and we really should be adding it to our talking points regimen TBH.

I read somewhere that studies have shown that in my state of Georgia, Hemp would be a perfect cash crop here because of our warm climate, rain fall totals and sandy soil in the southern part of the state, it was determined that Georgia has near perfect conditions for it. Pretty much all of south Georgia is agricultural and we could be a mecca for Hemp production in the US it our law makers would allow it.

Just an FYI, anything you can't find, try the search tab, it's a very useful tool and something I used allot when I was a news hawk ;)

Yep! That's the one I found. I've put the search bar to work dozens of times, but I was manually navigating, trying to see how easy and readily available the info is to find.

Cool guys,

Well at least there's 3 of us here doing something, only 147,000 more members to go...lol

When I get home from work tonight, I'm going to look around and see if I can find a few places to plant a seed or two by linking this place somewhere on the site where it'll get seen by allot of people.

I know the grow room would be seen by most every member here because almost EVERYBODY here heads straight to the grow room when they come to the site. The only problem with that is were not supposed to be posting unrelated things in other forums so IDK? But I'll see if there's a way to wiggle in a few invites for us somewhere?

Printable 420 Magazine Fliers

So I started this thread today if anyone wants to help get it off the ground? We could use someone with talent in computer graphics to help with the visuals for the flier(s)

I'll try to come up with some wordage unless someone else has something better than I can come up with to get our message out?

Currently I'm doing all this with my tablet because my laptop screen is broken so I'm pretty limited to what I can do as far as creating a whole flier but I'll certainly do as much as I can with writing something to invite people here.

I use my work computer during the day but I have to be really careful not to get caught doing stuff about Cannabis at work

420 Mag flier wordage, 1st draft...what do y'all think?

While Cannabis Sativa (Marijuana) and Industrial Hemp legalization are gaining legal status throughout the country, with many states and Washington DC now enjoying the legalization of recreational Cannabis use for adults 21 and over, their are still many places where stiff penalties and harsh prison sentences are very much a reality for mere possession of the plant. Non-violent offenders with their lives ruined, families torn apart and properties seized are a common occurrence in too many places throughout the united states and the world over.

The healing properties of Cannabis have been well known for thousands of years and has made it's way back out of the shadows again in recent years to treat a multitude of ailments including cancer, seizures and PTSD, to just name a few. Medical Cannabis is making a huge comeback as a go to drug and has certainly become a permanent fixture in modern medicine.

Industrial Hemp, a close relative to the Cannabis sativa plant, has been well known throughout the ages for it's almost indestructible fibers and can be used to make over 50,000 items such as paper, clothing and yes, even fuel. Hemp can be grown almost anywhere and has the potential to revolutionize the industrial market in a way like never before seen in the history of mankind. The benefits of Hemp to the farming community could prove to be astronomical and the revenue generated alone would most certainly bring us out of our national deficit.

420 Magazine.com is a well known community of like minded individuals who all share a commonality in the love for the Cannabis plant, many are Cannabis cultivators in legalized states, while others are patients who need this life giving medicine to help them with their ailments, some are compassionate care givers, while still others are Cannabis activists who are out on the front line fighting the establishment for it's legality in places where people still live in fear of incarceration for the possession of Cannabis. For whatever reason people come to 420 Magazine, they are all warmly welcomed in to become part of the family in a place like no other on the internet, you would be hard pressed to find any other place on the planet that expresses so much love and compassion for one another.

We at 420 Magazine would like to extend to you and everyone you know a heart felt invitation to come join our family and be a part of something we call "Creating Cannabis Awareness" throughout the world. It's time we all did our part to see that the proven benefits of Cannabis are a permanent fixture in our society and that these horrible laws prohibiting Cannabis are lifted once and for all.

420 MAGAZINE "Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993"

Someone suggested that it's too long and it doesn't have a hook factor to it and they may be right? I really don't want to put it out there that it's like "come to 420 Magazine and learn how to grow pot" kind of thing? We should be more than that imo. I mean sure, there is no other place you'll find anywhere that matches our grow support for sure but I think people need more than just that bit of info? Wdyt?

Don't get me wrong I love growing as much as anyone, been there and did that but there's so much more the site has to offer than just growing alone, am I wrong?

Someone else made a good point to get permission first to do this on behalf of the site before stepping on any toes and I totally agree with that for sure. I won't move forward with anything that goes public without blessings given first.

If you decide to edit it down, I'd like to suggest, a heading above each section. Like:

Introduction/Did you know?
Medicinal/Recreational
Community/awareness

Not necessarily that specific wording, but similar, to "break up" the information to give the reader a focal point. I've found this helps readers retain information better, by letting them categorize the information mentally.

If you decide to edit it down, I'd like to suggest, a heading above each section. Like:

Introduction/Did you know?
Medicinal/Recreational
Community/awareness

Not necessarily that specific wording, but similar, to "break up" the information to give the reader a focal point. I've found this helps readers retain information better, by letting them categorize the information mentally.
That's a very good idea, I like that it would kinda lead you into the paragraph your about to read. I think I'll probably shorten the paragraphs down a bit too, kinda make them a little more short and sweet as to not loose interest from too much reading. It's a bit too long winded Imo.

I do like the direction it's heading thought, at least it gives us a base to work with, I just wish I had my laptop working instead of trying to do this with my tablet, it's a pain :rolleyes:

Did You Know;
Cannabis Sativa (Marijuana) legalization and regulation is gaining ground throughout the country, with many states and Washington DC now enjoying the legalization of recreational Cannabis use for adults 21 and over and those states are generating millions of dollars in tax revinue while most other states are still enforcing stiff penalties and harsh prison sentences for possession of the plant.

Medical Cannabis;
The healing properties of Cannabis have been well known for thousands of years and has made it's way back out of the shadows again in recent years to treat a multitude of ailments including cancer, seizures and PTSD, to just name a few. Medical Cannabis is making a huge comeback as a go to drug and has certainly become a permanent fixture in modern medicine.

Industrial Hemp;
A close relative to the Cannabis plant but contains no THC has been well known throughout the ages for it's almost indestructible fibers and can be used to make over 50,000 products such as paper, clothing and yes, even fuel. Hemp can be grown almost anywhere and has the potential to revolutionize the industrial market. The benefits of Hemp to the farming community could prove to be astronomical and the revenue generated alone would most certainly bring us out of our national deficit.

420 Magazine.com;
Is a well known community of like minded individuals who all share a commonality in the love for the Cannabis plant, many are world class Cannabis cultivators in legalized states, while others are patients who need this life giving medicine to help them with their ailments, some are compassionate care givers, while still others are Cannabis activists who are creating awareness in favor of it's legality. For whatever reason it is that people come to 420 Magazine, they are all warmly welcomed in to become part of the family in a place like no other on the internet.

We At 420 Magazine;
Would like to extend to you a heart felt invitation to come join our family and be a part of something we call "Creating Cannabis Awareness" Please come be a part of the fun and take part in a very rewarding experience.

420 Magazine.com "Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993"

Ok I touched it up a bit and shortened it down while still trying to leave some substance, how does this draft look to y'all? This could be the one, idk, does everyone else like it?

How about this:
20190316_192851.png

I just sent Teddy a PM so we'll see what he says, hopefully all the staff will want to give it a look see? Maybe even give some ideas and thoughts about it?

I do think a back drop off some sort with the wordage on top would look really good, kind of give it some character. I like what you did with the logo at the bottom, that looks killer! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom