420 Magazine: Activist Central

While we are eager to get the info out there however we can, we must also consider how serious people will take it.

Maybe a little structure at top and bottom, like our attached letterhead... with your content in the open area.

That's all I'd suggest to make it look a little more credible and professional.

Otherwise, you'll need help from a graphic artist to work some magic.

It's really nice to see our 420 activists getting involved here, keep up the good work :thanks:

Attachments

• letterhead_final.jpg
    letterhead_final.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 113
Oh cool, I'm honored you personally came to see this brother, we'll keep tweaking on it until it's something you yourself will be proud to hand out. In fact I want you personally to give us the final go ahead before we hit the streets with it, this place is your brain child and all that goes with it is in honor of what you've accomplished here

Thanks again brother :high-five:

Now, does anyone know how to get the wording placed on the letterhead? I can't seem to figure out how with this tablet and we really need to find someone with graphic skills but where do we look? How to put out an APB on the site somewhere everyone will see it? Maybe general 420 talk?

Maybe one of these pics could be a good backdrop? IDK?

While we are eager to get the info out there however we can, we must also consider how serious people will take it.

Maybe a little structure at top and bottom, like our attached letterhead... with your content in the open area.

That's all I'd suggest to make it look a little more credible and professional.

Otherwise, you'll need help from a graphic artist to work some magic.

It's really nice to see our 420 activists getting involved here, keep up the good work :thanks:
I like that one as well. It'd probably look great on paper too!
I think everyone is going to love it, I'm going to buy a reem of glossy paper to print it on, unless I can find some Hemp paper?

Nice I’m in . This is an important thread because it is a turning point in the industry and not only do we need to legalize cannabis federally, it is important that we pass these laws with great caution . It is important that the laws are fair for consumers and the distribution and processing .

Nice I’m in . This is an important thread because it is a turning point in the industry and not only do we need to legalize cannabis federally, it is important that we pass these laws with great caution . It is important that the laws are fair for consumers and the distribution and processing .
Awesome, I'm glad your with us Dloe. Your right about the importance of these issues, whether it be for legalized states needing to tweak their laws to make them fair for the people or it's for states like mine who need a total makeover of our harsh laws and then there's the federal issues of rescheduling and revamping federal laws and both DEA and FDA restructuring.

This is what I've been here trying to convey to everyone, there are so many unsolved problems and ALL of us need to do our part to get the word out that we can do something about them if we just put forth a group effort and make our voices heard.

I want to get something straight and for the record, I totally understand and support the people who come here to learn and share cultivation experience and I do see a need for that aspect of the site for sure. People don't need to fly by the seat of their pants with growing their meds so I'm all for doing it right...in fact that's what I first came here for myself. But that being said, I wish more people here would venture out of the grow room and get more involved with what's happening on the legal front lines as well. People don't seem to realize that in fact their voices do still make a difference, their votes do still matter, letters to their representatives still let them know we're unhappy with their decisions and most importantly the vast majority of people do in fact want these changes so it's still worth fighting for.

We are at a critical stage in this country because just having a partial part of the work done is not enough to set anything in stone, there's still a long way to go so It's a matter of urgency that we ALL stick together and do everything we can to get the whole country on board so to create a solidity that can't be undone with a mere stroke of a pin.

My dream is to see this Activist Corner forum just buzzing with activity and people coming here when they get done in the grow forums and spending a little time learning and figuring out solutions to every problem we encounter so we have something tangible we can go to our reps with when voicing our concerns. Maybe one day this will happen, who knows?

Did You Know
Cannabis Sativa (Marijuana) legalization and regulation is gaining ground throughout the country, with many states and Washington DC now enjoying the legalization of recreational Cannabis use for adults 21 and over and those states are generating millions of dollars in tax revenue while most other states are still enforcing stiff penalties and harsh prison sentences to non-violent offenders for the mere possession of Cannabis.

Medicinal Cannabis
The healing properties of Cannabis have been well known for thousands of years and has made it's way back out of the shadows again in recent years to treat a multitude of ailments including life threatening cancer, seizures in both children and adults and PTSD for solders returning home from theaters of war, just to name a few. Medicinal Cannabis is making a huge comeback as a go to drug and has certainly become a permanent fixture in modern medicine.

Industrial Hemp
A close relative to the Cannabis plant which contains no THC has been well known throughout the ages for it's almost indestructible fibers and can be used to make over 50,000 products such as paper, clothing and yes, even bio-fuel. Hemp can be grown almost anywhere and has the potential to revolutionize the industrial market. The benefits of Hemp to the farming community could prove to be astronomical and the revenue generated alone would most certainly bring us out of our national deficit.

420 Magazine.com
Is a well known community of like minded individuals who all share a commonality in the love for the Cannabis plant, many are world class Cannabis cultivators in legalized states, while others are patients who need this life giving medicine to help them with their ailments, some are compassionate care givers, while still others are Cannabis activists who are creating awareness in favor of the legality of Cannabis. For whatever reasons it is that people come to 420 Magazine, they are all warmly welcomed in to become part of the family in a place like no other on the internet.

We At 420 Magazine
Would like to extend to you a heart felt invitation to come join our family and be a part of something we call "Creating Cannabis Awareness" Please come join us in the fun and take part in a very loving, rewarding and wonderful experience.

So at the advice of Teddy E, I removed the Simi-colons at the end of the sub heads, he said they cluttered it up and I totally agree with him

I did a little more with some of the wordage to give it just a little more substance and depth without trying to get carried away as well

I think this is the one, I fine tuned it today and added some more wordage to thickin it up a bit and give it some richness I thought it was lacking. I really feel I nailed it this time ;)

Did You Know
Cannabis Sativa (Marijuana) legalization and regulation is gaining ground throughout the country, with many states and Washington DC now enjoying the legalization of recreational Cannabis use for adults 21 and over and those states are generating millions of dollars in tax revenue while most other states are still enforcing stiff penalties and harsh prison sentences to non-violent offenders for the mere possession of Cannabis.

Medicinal Cannabis
The healing properties of Cannabis have been well known for thousands of years and has made it's way back out of the shadows again in recent years to treat a multitude of ailments including life threatening cancer, epileptic seizures in both children and adults and PTSD for solders returning home from theaters of war, just to name a few. Medicinal Cannabis is making a huge comeback as a go to drug and has certainly become a permanent fixture in modern science and medicine.

Industrial Hemp
A close relative of the Cannabis plant which contains no THC has been well known throughout the ages for it's almost indestructible fibers and can be used to make over 50,000 products such as paper, clothing and yes, even bio-fuel. Hemp can be grown almost anywhere and has the potential to revolutionize the industrial market. The benefits of Hemp to the farming community could prove to be astronomical and the revenue generated alone would most certainly bring us out of our national deficit. Some would even argue that Hemp has the potential to save our planet.

420 Magazine.com
Is a well known community of like minded individuals who all share a commonality in the love for the Cannabis plant, many are world class Cannabis cultivators in legalized states, while others are patients who need this life giving medicine to help them with their ailments, some are compassionate care givers who help provide relief to those in need, while still others are Cannabis activists who are creating awareness in favor of ending the prohibition of Cannabis forever. For whatever reasons it is that people come to 420 Magazine, they are all warmly welcomed in to become part of the family in a place like no other on the internet.

We At 420 Magazine
Would like to extend to you a heart felt invitation to come join our family and be a part of something we call "Creating Cannabis Awareness" Please come join us in the fun and take part in a very loving, rewarding and wonderful experience.

I may fire up the ole desktop today, and see if I can add words to to the fanleaf pic, using Microsoft Paint.

There appears to be a lack of apps that are "optimized" for my tablet, according to the Play store.

I may fire up the ole desktop today, and see if I can add words to to the fanleaf pic, using Microsoft Paint.

There appears to be a lack of apps that are "optimized" for my tablet, according to the Play store.
Sweet! Thanks brother, that will be awesome if you can firgure out how to get the words on to the letterhead. :thanks:

Off the subject but I've been thinking about something else we might start doing in the Activist Corner, we could start pulling the links from the news stories over and opening up threads with them so we can actually start up dialogs about the latest achievements of activism. I'm not sure why we can't comment on the news stories anymore but back when you could, there was allot of people who got involved like that. Back then, being able to comment on the news articles was part of the fun and appeal of this place, it was a way for people to interact and give their thoughts about what we were reading about the current events taking place. IMO, most of the Cannabis related news is directly related to activism anyway so why not bring them here for discussion?

Sweet! Thanks brother, that will be awesome if you can firgure out how to get the words on to the letterhead. :thanks:

Off the subject but I've been thinking about something else we might start doing in the Activist Corner, we could start pulling the links from the news stories over and opening up threads with them so we can actually start up dialogs about the latest achievements of activism. I'm not sure why we can't comment on the news stories anymore but back when you could, there was allot of people who got involved like that. Back then, being able to comment on the news articles was part of the fun and appeal of this place, it was a way for people to interact and give their thoughts about what we were reading about the current events taking place. IMO, most of the Cannabis related news is directly related to activism anyway so why not bring them here for discussion?
Who said you can't comment on news, can you please be more specific?

Back
Top Bottom