420 Magazine Announces Multimedia Initiative

Founder
Los Angeles, California - 420 Magazine is pleased to announce increased multimedia participation and site policy changes in furtherance of our mission to repeal Cannabis prohibition. The goal of these initiatives is to broaden our online ally base, increase web page views and membership, and generally leverage the power of the Internet to improve international Cannabis awareness among the masses.

Multimedia
In the first of a series of planned multimedia events, CNN journalist Chris Morrow interviewed 420 Magazine's new public relations spokesman Ron Cabrera. The interview has been broadcast on network cable television as well as CNN's popular iReport site. The interview highlighted the safety and acceptance of California's medical marijuana dispensary system and served to demystify the experience of visiting a Cannabis dispensary in California. We urge readers to watch the video clip 420 Magazine Speaks Out About Marijuana and to post comments in support of CNN's iReports article! Together we will win the war against Cannabis by leveraging the power of the Internet and letting our voices be heard.

Increased Networking
To take advantage of the latest interactivity available on the net, 420 Magazine has installed dynamic links to Digg, Del.icio.us, Technorati, Furl, and Facebook. These links may now be seen at the bottom of every public post on 420 Magazine. When a member clicks on one or more of these links they are taken to the aforementioned site where they may submit their favorite thread or post to a wider audience for popularity voting. If other members appreciate the content or approve of the recommendation they may choose to rate the linked site favorably. Ideally, a large number of members on Digg, or equivalent, will appreciate 420 Magazine's content, rate us favorably, and drive additional traffic to our site. Increased popularity and viral-swarms will accelerate our goal to spread Cannabis awareness to the masses.

The power in these networking sites is in leveraging their vast membership base to rate the most important or most interesting content on the web. Where a single person might spend a lifetime surfing for an equivalent amount of high quality content, when thousands of users flock to the highest peer-rated sites they greatly improve the surf -time to content-quality ratio for their members. The whole can be truly be greater than the sum of its parts.

420 Magazine encourages its members to reference and link to our site's content at as many sites around the net as is possible and appropriate. We do advise that Digg and equivalent sites may require an account to be established before interacting with their membership base. 420 Magazine respects the decision of its membership as to whether to join one or more of these sites.

Linking Policy
420 Magazine wishes to announce a change to its general policy on linking. Rather than allowing links only for reference, we now allow linking to any site provided it is 420 related. Where appropriate, we request site owners return the favor and either link back, or host one of our Banners. Additionally, links of a promotional nature may only be posted by site Sponsors. To become a 420 Magazine sponsor please contact sales@420magazine.com. Links that spam, lure, or otherwise annoy our members are still prohibited.

Details about our new policies may be found in the Forum Guidelines, which is being revised to reflect these innovations.

Questions about this announcement may be addressed to any of 420 Magazine's Moderator Staff, or posted in the Website Help and Feedback Forum

We thank our members for their valuable feedback and continued patronage.

Please stay subscribed or connected for further announcements, additional interviews, and documentaries that have been planned for the very near future.

Find out how you can help 420 Magazine create Cannabis awareness to the world.
Please Help Support Our Cannabis Awareness Mission

420 Magazine
Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
420 Magazine

Thanks to everyone that took the time to go the CNN iReport Site to view the video and an extra special thanks to everyone that commented.

I'm pretty stoked about this ;)

Anyone else, check out the iReports piece?

We are the grass roots ;)

[apologies for the tired old pun, I try to only use that one once/quarter; I'm good until June now]

Anyone else, check out the iReports piece?

We are the grass roots ;)

[apologies for the tired old pun, I try to only use that one once/quarter; I'm good until June now]

I saw it this a little while ago (when it was first posted on the forums). Really great video. I'm really happy 420magazine.com is expanding to more networking and multimedia roots. Maybe one day in the future they could pull off a documentary. Hell, if any site has the right or knowledge to make a PROPER weed documentary, heaven knows its this one! Keep on the good fight! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom