420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404

Well it's time to start this journal off finally. I have yet to germinate any seeds but they have arrived so thank you very much to the sponsor of this Comparative Grow, @Weed Seeds Express, I know the shipping must have cost a fortune. I also have two more sponsors for this grow. Mars Hydro has been generous enough to offer to send me one of their new FC-4800 lights for my 3' x 3' tent. And I will be trying for the first time a nutrient line created by another of our sponsors @Prescription Blend. They sent me one of their complete Nutrient kits which are available on Amazon.

Here are all the details of what I will be doing this grow.

Seed Strain: Girl Scout Cookies Fem Photo By Weed Seeds Express
Grow Medium: Homemade Peat based soilless medium
Nutrients: Prescription Blend Nutrients Kit
Water: Well water with a PH of 7.2 out of the ground

Tent Size: 3' x 3' x 5' tall
Lighting : Mars Hydro FC-4800
Grow Pots: 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
# of Plants: 5 seeds will be germinated with the best looking four making the final cut.

I will be growing four of the GSC seeds each in their own 5 gallon fabric pot. Right now I am contemplating topping and some LST training but that will be dictated by the plants when they start growing.

While I am waiting for the grow light to arrive I thought I would share some information about the sponsored items gifted to me for this grow. Starting off with the Girl Scout Cookies Feminized Photo seeds from Weed Seeds Express.

Here is a link to the Weed Seeds Express web site which has some classic and new strains available for sale.

Specifications Girl Scout Cookies feminized seeds​

THC level23%
CBD level0.7%
Variety80% Indica / 20% Sativa
GeneticsOG Kush x Durban Poison
Max yield indoor450 to 500 grams/m2
Max yield outdoor550 to 650 grams/m2
Height indoor80 to 100 cm
Height outdoor150 to 190 cm
Flowering time49 to 63 days
Fungal ResistanceHigh
Growers profileBeginner
CultivationIndoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
ClimatePolar, Temperate, Mediterranean, Arid, Tropical, Mountains
FlavorsChocolate, Earthy, Fruity, Lemon, Spicy, Sweet, Pepper, Woody
EffectsCalming, Creative, Euphoric, Happy, Relaxed, Sleepy, Social, Uplifting
SOG suitableyes
SCROG suitableyes

Now I would like to talk a bit about my next Sponsor @Prescription Blend . I'm pretty set in my ways with regard to nutrients, so when Prescription Blend asked if I would be interested in testing their nutrient line during this comparative grow I had to do a little research. I did my due diligence and read all I could find on their product and felt confident it will grow pretty plants. Everything is there for it to be successful. Take a look and see if you're not enticed to give it a try. From what I have been able to determine the kit they sent me will make right at 100 gallons of nutrients. I snapped some photos for you guys and gals in no particular order.

If you have any questions at all about the Prescription Blend line of nutrients feel free to ask. Matthew from Prescription Blend Nutrients has promised to be available to answer any questions I might have as well as any questions you guys and gals may have.

Here is a link to the Prescription Blend web site. Lots of great information on their nutrients.

I'd like to follow your journal, too, beez.

I loved your first post and think it could be the first post for most of us.

The nutes look complicated to me but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

The nutes look complicated to me but I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Hi Hash Girl, would love to have you following along. I should have mentioned the nutes come with a feeding chart showing how much of everything to add to a gallon of water at all the different stages of plant life from seedling to harvest. OH, and they send a separate pipette for each of the six ingredients so there is no contaminating the nutrients. I have numbered my bottles and pipettes 1-6 to help an old man remember.

@Prescription Blend ....Matthew I had a friend of mine who was reading through my journal text and ask me about your transition from the "Initial Growth" stage to the "Vegetative" stage. At what point on your feeding chart do we depart from the Initial Growth feeding levels and move on to the Vegetative stage feeding levels?

Howdy @Vegan4life very nice to have you along. This is an interactive journal so feel free to ask questions, tell a joke, offer advice, share photos of your plants.
Thanks, I'll be dropping by and following your grow... I'll be starting a new grow soon also, Girl crush and Mazar I Sharif photo fems, organic soil grow.

Hey beez,
Mind if I park my old bones propt in a corner somewhere? :passitleft:
I think this will be interesting...new strain, new light, and upgraded nutrients.
Me too...same new light, seeds, and nutrients :morenutes:bigger space tho, different grow medium.
Only I think it will take a couple of weeks for my the seeds to arrive.

:goodluck:
Later.....

I'm thinking I really should get my seeds in their hempy solo cups and get them germinating.

@InTheShed do you think you/me/we could fill a 3x3 tent with a single plant in a 15 gallon pot? Probably stretching it a bit too much.

Welcome @Furcifer always nice to have more old timers along for the ride. I'm in the US and my seeds took about 11 days to get here.
I'm in the states also, just received a tracking number on Friday.
11 days is good!

Back
Top Bottom