• Miro #1

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Miro #2

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Miro #3

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters
5504.jpg

It would have to be this one for reason previously explained.

Miro just added another one to the mix, what are your thoughts?

Submitted by Miro #1
5504.jpg

Submitted by Miro #2
6435.jpg

Submitted by Miro #3
21057.jpg

Submitted by TheProjectiveGroup
42053.jpg

I would say it all depends on what your final message is. The leaf is a general symbol that encompasses everything about marijuana. The medical symbol narrows the logo to one specific part of the cause. I would go with the leaf since this site seems to cater to all facets of marijuana not just medical, but again just my opinion.

Sonzor said:
I would say it all depends on what your final message is. The leaf is a general symbol that encompasses everything about marijuana. The medical symbol narrows the logo to one specific part of the cause. I would go with the leaf since this site seems to cater to all facets of marijuana not just medical, but again just my opinion.

I completely agree!

I'm still stuck on the first one, personally and agree with what Sonzor said as well. The leaf represents the plant which is medical, agricultural and industrial, whereas the medical symbol only represents the medical side. While I want to stay away from the standard recreational pot smoker vibe, I do think the leaf fits best in this situation, representing all aspects of the plant.

I have to say I really like the medical symbol on the two and three. How long do we have to vote? It is going to take a lot of thought to decide between the two.

Personally, I'm pretty much decided on #1, however want to give it some time to get more feedback from everyone, prior to making the switch. Meanwhile leaving the window of opportunity open for an even better logo to possibly manifest. ;)
:Namaste:

oh hellz yeah. im on it hehehehe. cant just give up now. i thought your mind was done made up. lets rock this. wOOhoooo. time to let the gradients, glosses and dimensions fly.

I havent read any of this. But I had one immediate thought on the logo's.

I believe perception is huge on the topic of MJ let alone MMJ.

As such, I also think whenever we have the Leaf most prominent in anything we display, we add to the "stoner" perception more so than the MMJ perception. And it is my opinion the MMJ perception is the one that is still most important towards the relaxation and future lower scheduling of MJ.

Just my .02c

The key really to a successful logo is to remember a key component. first off, we want to retain consistency. The design should be consistent with our magazine and our brand. If not, it will cause disconnect from our target audience. My point being, the logo must contain the leaf. Our audience, whether medical or not, are growers and smokers. if we create anything other than that which is recognized by either, we create the disconnect that we are trying to stay away from. just my .02 ĉ worth.

we may even add Doctors, Lawyers and educators to the target audience. One might remember that when designing the logo. :peace:

My mention of the leaf was articulate and concise. I used the words "Leaf most prominent". This does not mean it shouldnt be there at all. In fact, I voted for #3 as it does have the leaf, but it's prominence is more understated by the med sign and 420magazine.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I figured I'd throw my two cents in anyway...

I like both Miro #1 and TheProjectiveGroup options. I think the other two, both containing a caduceus, seem to back us into the medical use corner. 420 Magazine's Mission Statement clearly states the community exists to support repeal of all Cannabis prohibition laws and would allow us to reap all of it's many benefits! :thumb: Just my take...

although the leaf is something im very fond of, i have to be honest with myself it does make me think "stoner" and though it is a good thing to me, i love stoners i am one, to much of the population it makes them "red flag" things that have it, making them put up their worn out anti 420 armor and start the out dated "reefer madness" psyco babble, i find that when i tell someone about a natural product that can help their (insert ailment)
and describe to them how it can be a food ,cream,lotion,etc. i get very different reactions depending on when i tell them its cannabis depending on the person and if they are "anti" or not 1 example is i have an old friend who thinks "weed is for dopes" he was having nausea and headachs from a new medication, i told him about how theres something that can help for hours with a single edible dose, he was very interested and at the end i told him what it was , he said "no sh!t REALLY?" so he tried it and it helped of course, he admitted if i had told him first he would have thought i was full of it, now he is seeking out a mmj card!!, so as fond of the leaf as i am i realize there are some old lame connotations people can be victim to, and like any product or service a "face lift" "revamp" "update" can be a good thing, i am reminded of amway they had to do something to shake the old bad feeling ppl got when they heard the name, after they modernized and fixed many of the issues from the past, and thus quixtar was born, same company but re-invented for the better, not the best or most accurate analogy but you get the idea, to me cannabis IS MEDICINE! so i like the idea of "remastering the old record" its a fresh century, and im in favor of a fresh image for my beloved medicine! just my humble opinion .:Namaste:

A large number of folks want it legal. As in totally legal, no restrictions. I tend to say a vast majority of those are the "stoners" the non stoning world doesnt want to see get their way.

** I'm probably saying it wrong***

Yet many folks in this world (MJ/MMJ) of ours do also realize that more than likely we'll have to see re-scheduling to schedule 2 at least, just so studies can be officially done and sponsored by gov't before we will see any real laws change of significance. To get to schedule II we need more and more perception of medicinal value (just like cocaine is schedule two). Being schedule II allows for medicinal study. It will be as a result of "allowed study" that MJ gets further decriminalization and lifts of prohibition imho.

All because of perception.

There's a great documentary out that Mr. Krip brought to my attention, by Len Richmond called "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer" one of the points made in the movie is that doctors won't ever really consider it "medicine" because it has such a broad range of medical benefits, and current medical thinking is that you have to isolate a specific compound for treating very specific symptoms/ailments... I'm paraphrasing of course, but I think you get the point. There's also no way for drug companies to patent Cannabis without modifying it in some way or synthesizing certain compounds. Anyway, my apologies as I know I'm getting off topic here... My only point is Medical Marijuana is a great step, but unless we continue to advance the cause of full legalization, saying 5 plants is legal medicine, but 6... Now you go to jail, is NOT okay.

I'll shut up now and go back to the grow room! Who the heck left the door unlocked so I could get out anyway? :)

Back
Top Bottom