420 Magazine Now Supports Android and the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad

Founder
Forum Runner is an Android/iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App that allows you to browse this forum using a native client. This means faster access for those users since it only downloads the actual forum information rather than all the extraneous images that slow down the mobile connection.

Forum Runner Feature List

• Browse your favorite forums in an easy-to-use-interface with multiple notification types (private message, subscription, etc)
  • Fully customizable home screen with your favorite forums
  • PUSH NOTIFICATION SUPPORT : Get private message and subscribed thread updates from your favorite forums in the background!
  • Poll updates (private messages/subscriptions) from favorites on home screen - shows you a summary of which forums you have new messages or subscriptions on!
  • Image attachment thumbnail and full size viewing from threads
  • View a thread's image attachments in one convenient screen (much like the native iPhone "Photo" app)
  • Save thread images to your iPhone/iPod touch library
  • Fully search-able forums!
  • View embedded links without leaving the app, including YouTube videos
  • Supports portrait AND landscape mode
  • Full posting options (quote posts, start new thread, etc)
  • Attach unlimited photos from your library (or take a photo from the camera and attach it)
  • Full support for private messages and private message folders
  • Full support for thread subscriptions - track your favorite threads and be updated via push when they have new posts!

Some screen shots of Forum Runner running on various devices:

iPhone: Home Screen with customizable icons and notifications:

home1.png

Push notification updates while outside the app:

push1.png
push2.png

Image attachment browser from a thread:

photoviewer.png
photoviewer1.png

Fully searchable forums:

search.png
search1.png

Full forum browsing:

browse.png
browse1.png

How can I get the Forum Runner iPhone Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone

How can I get the Forum Runner Android Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device

I'm going to retire this BlackBerry and get an iPhone so I can keep in touch here while I am out, the question is, which one is better for Southern California, AT&T or Verizon?

***Disclaimer, anything stated in this post should be considered at your own risk*** This is what I was going to put in this post just for fun and I really should have, but thought better of it, go figure. After I realized that the comparison was for Verizon and AT&T :bigblush: it was too late to fix my error. I had been on the :nomo: sine 6 o'clock in the morn and by the time I wrote this post I should have been in bed. :sleep: So with that said, the staff can either choose to remove my post or leave it up as an example that too much :nomo: can cause brain malfunction. :loopy: At any rate, maybe you had a good chuckle ;-) I feel better now. Thanks for listening, carry on my fine people... :peace:

Good question. But when all is said and done, seems like you should just go with the phone that will fit you best. Honestly, I here good and bad from both. I'm here in SoCal too, and my Verizon service is great everywhere but where I live in the foothills, go figure. I've had Verizon forever and would love to switch to the I phone but it doesn't make sense for me right now. I had the Blackberry Curve 8330 and just upgraded to the EVO. Blackberry just doesn't handle the the internet as well as needed. The EVO seems to be very good, will see. Battery dies quickly but will use the larger battery from now on. It has good ratings and reviews. But of course, your ultimate Iphone is just a nice piece of work imo. I think they worked out most of the bugs in the new version so it should be great now. Just get the phone you want and don't worry to much about the service provider because they both have pros and cons.

Long story short...get your Iphone...I don't think it'll disappoint you. Lot's of people have it and love it. :kiss:

You might support the iPhone, but it doesn't support you. The iPhone keeps track of where the user goes and stores that information in a file on both the phone and the computer(s) it is synced to. They've also been known to activate the camera without the user's knowledge/consent.

I believe the Android phones also keep a detailed logfile of where the user goes.

Possibly this "feature" has a use for many users - but not so useful if you live in one of those oppressive places where getting pulled over can mean that the cop uses an extraction device to pull data from your phone without a warrant. You know, such as China or... Michigan (according to the ACLU, the Michigan state police have been doing it).

Just thought I'd mention it. There are also things such as cookies and cachefiles from web browsers on "smart" phones that people ought to be aware of.

Hello 420,

Not sure if you picked up your phone yet or not but in So Cal, the service is very similar in large metropolitan areas. The majority of cell sites (towers) are located in cities with large populations. From there the concentration of sites dissipates as you reach the suburban and rural areas.

So, If you are using your phone in a large city I'd say either AT&T or Verizon will have about the same coverage. But, like the commercials, AT&T will allow you to talk and surf 420magazine.com :) at the same time on your iPhone, Verizon will not. Once LTE (4G) hits the mainstream, this will no longer be an issue. The good part is, if you live in a major city, LTE will be rolled out there first.

TorturedSoul is right about the tracking and geotagging from the iPhone. It can be disabled by turning off "Location Services" under "Settings" in the phone. Some apps require Locations Services to be set to "On" to function properly such as GPS. You are "Visible" anytime you are using Location Services.

Hope this helps sir,

-dime

Back
Top Bottom