420 Magazine Official NextLight LED Grow Journal By Brett Blaze

My 14 year old lab passed away a few weeks ago. I picked up a 1 year old rescue dog that has been keeping me busy. Photography biz has also been picking up due to the season.

Here is Rocky. A really smart terrier mix (chihuahua?). He named himself. He kept bringing me rocks and sticks. So I went with Rocky. The other alternative just didn't sound right.

Eddie 09252021-1.jpg

My 14 year old lab passed away a few weeks ago. I picked up a 1 year old rescue dog that has been keeping me busy. Photography biz has also been picking up due to the season.

Here is Rocky. A really smart terrier mix (chihuahua?). He named himself. He kept bringing me rocks and sticks. So I went with Rocky. The other alternative just didn't sound right.
Awwww!!! Too cute! Congrats on Rocky. Perfect name. Sorry to hear about your old buddy. That is always a rough one on our spirit.

Have fun with this talons! :laugh: I have a chihuahua mix rescue that HATES her feet touched.

Oh condolences and congratulations :)

People who rescue animals make my heart sing. I hate puppy farming and I am a firm believer in adopt don’t shop. There are so many beautiful animals facing death row and needing homes. I am so happy thanks to you there is now one less dog looking for their forever home.

Sticky Rocky is one lucky dude.

I excitedly told my Billy and Frank that you had rescued a dog, just like I rescued them…. they both gave zero fucks LOLLINGGGGG

04DA98B2-A2EB-4F3E-8A8D-8C4A67FA4EBD.jpeg

Oh condolences and congratulations :)

People who rescue animals make my heart sing. I hate puppy farming and I am a firm believer in adopt don’t shop. There are so many beautiful animals facing death row and needing homes. I am so happy thanks to you there is now one less dog looking for their forever home.

Sticky Rocky is one lucky dude.

I excitedly told my Billy and Frank that you had rescued a dog, just like I rescued them…. they both gave zero fucks LOLLINGGGGG

04DA98B2-A2EB-4F3E-8A8D-8C4A67FA4EBD.jpeg
My wife and I foster kittens for a rescue. We've saved 300 over the years

Update
Veg Day 16 - 29 days total

Today was transplant day. 4 days later than I was planning. All are looking pretty good and the yellow edges have stopped. Not sure if they will get green but hopefully no more spreading. I don't think I was watering enough and allowed the edges of the pots to get too dry. When opening the Velcro of the @GeoPot container the outer edge was way too dry. Coming from growing in hydro I was concerned of overwatering. I never thought I would underwater.

The top cover had grown pretty high so I cut it down and put most in the worm bin. I also added another Cubic foot of soil mixed with Earth Alive Soil Activator. Then topped it off with some more top cover seeds.

Looking a little sad after transplanting.

Journal 10242021-1.jpg

I also added some new straw mulch.

Journal 10242021-2.jpg

Using the
Apogee Quantum Flux ePAR meter I set the light level to about 500 PPFD.

Journal 10242021-8.jpg

After about 6 hours all the ladies are perking up.

Journal 10242021-9.jpg

Journal 10242021-10.jpg

Journal 10242021-11.jpg

Journal 10242021-12.jpg

Journal 10242021-13.jpg

:peace: :passitleft:

Looking awesome! I can't make up my mind on putting in a living bed box like the geopot or just use some huge fabric pots I already have available.

I was concerned of overwatering. I never thought I would underwater.
That was a concern for me and I did indeed underwater my plants. The ones in the fabric pots suffered the most. I'll slowly find the balance. I'm sure you will too.

Looking great Brett Blaze . I hope those aren’t spider mites on the front left pic ! Couple days and they’ll be praying to the light .
No just tiny pieces of straw. They are looking better already.

Dog Update - For those who are interested

The results are in and no terrier to be found.

Rocky is:

53% Chihuahua
11% Miniature Pinscher
11% Small Poodle (Really? I think he just got the tear stain gene)
10% Dachshund
7% Bichon Frise (Again, Really?)
8% Supermutt (Likely breeds that contribute to Supermutt: Cocker Spaniel and Pekingese)

Rocky 10212021-1.jpg

Dog Update - For those who are interested

The results are in and no terrier to be found.

Rocky is:

53% Chihuahua
11% Miniature Pinscher
11% Small Poodle (Really? I think he just got the tear stain gene)
10% Dachshund
7% Bichon Frise (Again, Really?)
8% Supermutt (Likely breeds that contribute to Supermutt: Cocker Spaniel and Pekingese)

Rocky 10212021-1.jpg
Kind of like me a Heinz 57 :rofl:

Update
Veg Day 20 - 33 days total

All the ladies are looking great and really taking off. The older signs of deficiency won't go away but newer leaves look great. The back left, which started off as the best looking, is still not 100% though.

I need to decide if I train or not real soon. Like by the weekend soon. At least some of the larger lower fan leaves can be removed and any large one that's blocking a lower branch.
Journal 10282021-1.jpg

Journal 10282021-2.jpg

Journal 10282021-3.jpg

Journal 10282021-4.jpg

Journal 10282021-5.jpg

:peace::passitleft:

Your little ones look great. I love how neat and compact they are. I have a plant the same age, a Mimosa, and Mimmy is quite the gigantor. I like to top, so I topped her a week ago, then torn her little hand off low stress training, which I turn into low stress, omg I just tore her frigging hand off training.

So now she is a lanky gigantor freak with a missing hand. Lolllll

But 1, 2, back to you. Your grow looks schmick. My advice not that you asked, train two and leave two for an educational comparison grow.

Just an update on the update. I accidently posted photos from 3 days ago. :straightface: Please go back and check them out again.

One reason you should not post stoned. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom