420 Magazine Sponsor Showoff With Dope Seeds, Bomb Seeds, Homegrown, Budget LED, PhotonTek & Gorilla

DAY #54 OF 12/12 IN 4' x 4' AND DAY #24 IN 2' x 4'

It's Day #54 of 12/12 in the main 4' x 4' tent and days #24 of 12/12 in the 2' x 4' Gorilla Grow Tent. All the plants are pretty healthy and looking good. I cleaned out most of the lower canopy in the 4' x 4' a couple of weeks ago, but still haven't gotten back in there to do the Amnesia or anything in the 2' x 2' so I'm hoping to finish that task sometime this weekend, if possible.

Here's a pic of the 2' x 4' with the Gorilla Bomb on the left and the Ice Bomb on the right. You can tell by the leaves that these are going to be two very different strains, even if they were both "Bombized":

And, here are a few cola & bud shot from that tent...

This is the Gorilla Bomb:

This is the Ice Bomb:

The 4' x 4' is looking pretty spectacular with the plants in full flower, putting out trichomes, and fattening up the colas:

The Amnesia and the Purple Skunk, which are the two I really expected to finish last, actually seem to be ahead of both the Blueberry and the Cherry Pie, and they both have some pretty tall & thick colas while the BB & CP are more compact.

Here are some cola pics of the Amnesia & PS:

And, here are some miscellaneous bud shots:

I'm pretty impressed with both of these grow lights and, frankly, I wasn't expecting them to perform this strong compared to the number of watts they've been generating. Last month I used 220 less KW on my electric bill than the same month last year, so that's some nice savings.

I also discovered another nice benefit of @PhotonTek Lighting grow light which is that it's MUCH easier to hang yo-yo's since you can run them in the empty space between the bars. The other lights I've use have made it very difficult to support anything that was directly under the light.

I hope everyone is doing great!

Happy Harvests!

K

DAY #60 OF 12/12 BUD PICS & UPDATE

Today is Day #60 in the main 4' x 4' tent and all the colors are starting to change as, at least three of the four girls, get ready for harvest.

The Cherry Pie is still showing "pom-pom" like buds and is clearly going to take at least a couple or few weeks longer than the others which should all finish and be ready for harvest in the next couple of weeks. As a result, the Cherry Pie is the only plant not included from the main tent in the below pics (other than in the back-right of the full tent shot).

Here's what the full tent is looking like today:

I had to hang a bunch more yo-yo's since the bigger/heavier colas (of which there are several! :yahoo: ) were falling over:

Here are a few random bud pics:

I'll get some pics of the 2' x 2', which is on Day #30 of 12/12, up soon.

The personal side continues to be a challenge and, once this grow is finished, it looks like I'm going to have to take a forced break, again. :(

My Dad was released from rehab last Monday and wound up having to be taken back to the hospital again yesterday. Thankfully, it wasn't that serious and they released him home today, but his spirits are extremely low and he's become belligerent and bitter over what his life has become with being so dependent on others' and constantly going from hospital to rehab and only home a short time before another "cycle" hits.

To make things more fun, we had some pretty severe storms on Saturday & Sunday and there were some significant leaks in two different rooms on opposite sides of the house that really need to be addressed right away, but I obviously can't have contractors here with this grow in process and I'm trying to manage the problems temporarily to get everything finished up before having to take everything down to get it addressed.

After the last mold remediation incident just a couple of years ago, I really don't have the "stomach" to start dealing with insurance companies and contractors again, but just don't have a choice, at this point. :rolleyes:

All that said, I'm still happy & healthy ( :dude-knocking: ) and get stress relief with the garden, I just wish everyone and everything around me wasn't falling apart! :laugh:

Happy Harvests!

K

I’m sending you love, strength, sunshine and happiness.

I literally think of you every time I look at my mulberry bush (and before my obsessed stalker reports me again for lewdness, no euphemism intended).

LOLLINGGGGG

Where I live mulberrys grow wild and are sometimes hard to get rid of, the birds usually eat the fruit then place the droppings on your vehicle. Give me a mayhaw any day over a mulberry. We don't have monkeys or weasels to chase each other around the mulberry bush but we do have plenty of alligators, the chase wouldn't end well.

DAY #68 OF 12/12 - QUICK UPDATE & BUD PICS

Today is day #68 of 12/12 in the main tent and there's a lot of fading and some browning on some of the leaf tips, so we're definitely ready to start harvesting this weekend.

The Blueberry will likely come down first followed by, most likely the Hawaii x Purple Skunk. I may give the Amnesia another week since she's still got a fair amount of white pistils, but that's common with Sativas and with her huge, dense colas, plus the leaf tips starting to brown, I don't want to take a chance on botritis setting in.

The Cherry Pie is going to need at least two, maybe even three more weeks before she finishes and, again, her buds are temporarily not included in the below photos, only so I could focus on the ones that are close to harvest. She'll be all alone in that tent soon and the only one being photographed! :D

So, here are the bud pics:

We've got some nice trichome development on all three of these strains and they all smell incredible, so it looks like it will be a good harvest of close to 20 oz. out of that tent. Once again, I have to say how impressed I am with the @PhotonTek Lighting grow light. It did a fantastic job in spite of the lower wattage and, of all the lights I have in my collection at this point, it will likely become the standard fixture in that tent just for the performance and savings on the electric.

On the strains, I'm really looking forward to the Blueberry, which seems to be the frostiest of the three. It doesn't smell like blueberry, so we'll have to see how it cures out.

I still owe an update on the 2' x 4' Gorilla tent and I'll get to that ASAP. My Dad has actually been in and out of the hospital twice since the last update and is back in there now, this time for sepsis due to an infection. The poor guy just can't get a break! :(

Happy Harvests!

K

I’m sending you love, strength, sunshine and happiness.

I literally think of you every time I look at my mulberry bush (and before my obsessed stalker reports me again for lewdness, no euphemism intended).

LOLLINGGGGG
Thanks, Tra! :thanks:

I think of you when I'm sitting under my mulberry tree grazing! I'll try to PM you a couple of pics. Been absolutely loaded this year! :yahoo:

Sorry for the delayed reply, BTW! :green_heart:

Where I live mulberrys grow wild and are sometimes hard to get rid of, the birds usually eat the fruit then place the droppings on your vehicle. Give me a mayhaw any day over a mulberry. We don't have monkeys or weasels to chase each other around the mulberry bush but we do have plenty of alligators, the chase wouldn't end well.
Hmmmm...I've never had a mayhaw, but you've piqued my interest and I'll have to look into them. I grow a huge variety of tropical fruits & veggies and the mulberries are one of my favorites. I have a dwarf black everbearing which, I'm guessing, was cultivated for it's flavor and may taste different than wild growing mulberries. There are many species (strains) of mulberries out there. :Namaste:

DAY #70 OF 12/12 - QUICK UPDATE

It's been a solid 10 weeks of 12/12 and the tent is packed with some huge, dense, trichome-covered colas of what look to be some premium meds. We've got a lot of fade and some leaf tips starting to brown, as noted in my last update, but the buds really look great.

I'm going to harvest the Blueberry and Hawaii x Purple Skunk tomorrow. I'm really tempted to take down the Amnesia, too, but I think I'm going to try to let it go another week, or two. I know the strain can run up to 13 weeks, so it's still early and I'll give it some more time.

Here's a full tent pic:

Here are a couple pics of the Amnesia colas:

Here are some pics of the Blueberry and Hawaii x Purple Skunk buds:

I'll try to get more and better pics before harvest since these don't really do justice. I took a lot more, too, but they just didn't come out "right" so I didn't post them. And, I'll definitely have some harvest pics, too!

The Gorilla Bomb in the small tent really did turn into a Gorilla and then "bombed" the Ice Bomb next to it when it's colas fell over from their weight last week. It took me a while to be able to tend to it, but I finally used a couple of garden stakes and yo-yo's to get everything back in order and I'll get some pics of that tent, soon.

I hope everyone is doing well and your gardens are green!

Happy Harvests!

K

Hmmmm...I've never had a mayhaw, but you've piqued my interest and I'll have to look into them. I grow a huge variety of tropical fruits & veggies and the mulberries are one of my favorites. I have a dwarf black everbearing which, I'm guessing, was cultivated for it's flavor and may taste different than wild growing mulberries. There are many species (strains) of mulberries out there. :Namaste:
Mayhaws grow wild around swamps and bayous in the South. The berries fall in the water and float so all you got to do is scoop them up. Most people make jelly out of them. The jelly is really good. I have some friends who grow a grafted version in their yard that has much larger fruit than the wild ones. We went through an ice storm several weeks ago that may have screwed the mayhaw harvest up.

BLUEBERRY HARVEST & SOME PRE/POST HARVEST PICS

I harvested the Blueberry from Dope Seeds earlier this afternoon but, before we get to that, here are a few more pre-harvest pics of the Blueberry, Hawaii x Purple Skunk, and the Amnesia:

Here are some Blueberry buds harvested but before the initial trim:

And, here are the trimmed buds before washing and hanging:

These buds are sticky as hell and should provide some awesome meds. :yahoo:

I'll be doing a "low & slow" cure on these once they're dry from the washing. Frankly, I probably could have skipped the washing since I wasn't doing any foliars this round, but it's always good practice just to remove any dust, hair, etc.

I probably won't get to the Hawaii x Purple Skunk until tomorrow but I'll be sure to get some pics of that, too, when I do.

Happy Harvests!

K

HAWAII x PURPLE SKUNK HARVEST PICS

Hawaii x Purple Skunk by Homegrown Cannabis Co. was harvested this morning and should be an easy 5+ oz. of primo meds.

Here's the harvested colas before the initial trim:

And, here they are after the initial trim before washing:

I'll see what the Amnesia is looking like next week and make a decision from there. I'll get some pics of the Cherry Pie and the two Bomb Seeds strains that are in the 2' x 4' Gorilla tent in the next day, or so. They all have at least a few more weeks to go.

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom