420 Magazine Sponsor Showoff With Dope Seeds, Bomb Seeds, Homegrown, Budget LED, PhotonTek & Gorilla

Firstly, Congratulations on your newly appointed position. Grow Journalist!:goodjob:

I just finished running Dope Seeds, Amnesia & Critical Mass in my Outdoor. They turned out great! Good genetics and nice finish.... I'd recommend for sure!

Excited to watch your menu grow :love: I'll be lurking in the pantry :battingeyelashes:
Thanks, Mom! :thanks:

Believe it or not, I've been in this position for a year and a half already! :thedoubletake: Time sure flies when you're having fun! :slide:

Congrat's on your recent harvest and good to hear the Amnesia performed for you! :high-five:

QUICK UPDATE

Sorry it's been so long since my last update. :sorry:

I'm in the middle of harvesting the 4' x 4' tent and have just been "slammed" but all the babies are happy & healthy. I did cull the Banana Bomb that had no growth tip and may cull the Blueberry that's the "runt of the litter" but should have all six strains to flower, assuming I can keep them all healthy.

I'll get some pics up in the next 24-48 hours and, in the mean time, thought I'd share my new T-shirt I received as a gift, which is pretty appropriate considering I'm currently harvesting the last round :D :

Happy Harvests!

K

20200128_124520[1].jpg

An update would be nice, don’t leave me hanging.

Just sayin what your 420 fans are thinking.

Hope all is brilliant in your world btw :)
Thanks for the poke with the sharp stick! :thanks:

You're 420% correct! I've been slammed all week harvesting the last sponsored grow so I'll be able to focus primarily on this one moving forward and I'm about to go take some updated pics. All the plants are healthy, but you can expect a surprise! ;)

SEEDLING UPDATE - MIXED UP AT BIRTH!

Once again, apologies for the delayed update but it's been a crazy week and it's rare that it will be this long in between posts. :sorry:

I had to take the @Budget LED light and seedlings out of the Gorilla 2'x4' tent temporarily so I could use the tent to dry the last round, which I finished harvesting this week. I put the plants under a "blurple" light I have in the 2'x3' mom/veg tent while the Gorilla tent was being used for drying.

They're all doing well but I do need to get them started on some nutes and they're starting to show some slight Magnesium deficiencies.

We do have one issue, though...

It appears the Banana Bomb was mixed up at birth and they gave me the wrong baby! :thedoubletake:

If you remember, this is the 3rd Banana Bomb seed I've tried to germinate. First one didn't come up, second one was deformed, and here's the third one...notice any problems?:

How about now?:

How about now?:

Yeah, that's right...She's starting to flower and, since she's been under 24/0 from seed, that means it has to be an auto! :thedoubletake:

The fact that it's starting to flower two weeks after germination in a 2" container is just an example of why I don't do autos! :straightface: I'm betting the whole pack is auto, too, which is why that other one that germinated was deformed with no growth tip.

So, I don't think I'm gonna germinate another Banana Bomb, right now. I need to think this one over (real quick!) and decide if I want to pop another Bomb seed (which I probably should do) or just run the extra Hawaii x Purple Punch, which I'm kinda anxious to try. :hmmmm:

Anyway, here are the others...

Blueberry:

Amnesia:

Gorilla Bomb:

Cherry Pie:

Hawaii x Purple Skunk:

Happy Harvests!

K

that's exactly why i don't do autos lol. I'm excited for that purple punch!!
also, im sure you know auto should be planted in the final pot, i would do a good potting mix and the top 2"layer some sort of easy potting mix like pm hp. build that root up. but it sucks that she flowered already.

that's exactly why i don't do autos lol. I'm excited for that purple punch!!
also, im sure you know auto should be planted in the final pot, i would do a good potting mix and the top 2"layer some sort of easy potting mix like pm hp. build that root up. but it sucks that she flowered already.

Yup! Same reason I rarely do autos. I did request all photos and all females but this one was obviously a mix-up. So far, the Gorilla Bomb hasn't flowered, so I don't think they sent all autos.

That's terrible and unfortunate. It's always a fear of mine when buying seeds, ensuring I get exactly what I ordered. Even worse feeling when you know it will be a few months or years before you can go them and verify they are what they say they are.

Things do happen and Rona hasn't helped either.

Yeah, it's even scarier knowing that, unless there's some real distinct characteristics of the strain, we rarely are sure even when we grow them out. I think it doesn't matter much as long as we're happy with the harvest, but I'd hate to know I spent a premium on genetics and didn't get the genetics I paid for. :rolleyes:

The look beautiful Special K!

I really enjoy this part of a grow. My least favourite part is seed to seedling. It is just so annoying. That whole will they or won’t they live.... I just hate it!

It happens, but at least you'll have a quick one to harvest and add to the stash :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom