420 Magazine Sponsor Showoff With Dope Seeds, Bomb Seeds, Homegrown, Budget LED, PhotonTek & Gorilla

Mr. Krip

Product Reviewer
420 Staff
WELCOME TO MY LARGEST
420 MAGAZINE SPONSORED GROW TO DATE

FEATURING SOME OF OUR TOP SEED, LIGHT, TENT & NUTRIENT SPONSORS

Strap yourselves in my 420 friends & family for what I believe will be 420 Magazine's largest sponsored grow to date, and is certainly going to be the largest one I've done, so far. It's rare that I would start a sponsored grow while I already have one in progress, but with the right timing, we should be able to make it work and, since I'm anxious to get this one started, let's get it started! :yahoo:

We reached out to some of our seed sponsors and I requested a few strains from each. They were all happy to help and we'll get to that list in just a second.

First, I want to give a special "Thanks" to Homegrown Cannabis Co. that had their seeds in my hands literally four days after making a last minute request when another seed sponsor's shipment didn't make it and was being returned to sender due to an incomplete address. So, thanks Homegrown Cannabis Co. for the extremely quick response! :thanks:

So, as you might have already guessed, one of the seed sponsors is Homegrown Cannabis Co. which is a breeder and new sponsor, and they look to have some great strains in their catalog. I do highly recommend checking them out!

The second seed sponsor, Bomb Seeds, is also a breeder. Their "claim to fame" is their proprietary Bomb Genetics that they cross with other specially selected genetics to maximize yields and THC.

The third seed sponsor we're featuring this grow, Dope Seeds, is a UK-based seedbank featuring seeds from some of the top breeders in the world. They have a huge selection of Regular, feminized, auto, & photoperiod seeds and always have some great promotions running.

Here's what they sent....

DOPE SEEDS:
  • Amnesia
  • Blueberry
  • OG Kush
  • White Widow

BOMB SEEDS:
  • Banana Bomb
  • Gorilla Bomb
  • Ice Bomb

HOMEGROWN CANNABIS CO.:
  • Cherry Pie
  • Hawaii x Purple Skunk
  • Super Silver Haze

Here's the group shot:

Unfortunately, I don't have enough space to do all of these strains, so I'm picking two from each and going to run those. Coincidentally, the six strains we'll be running are the first two listed for each of the sponsors (although, I listed alphabetically) including the Amnesia, Blueberry, Banana Bomb, Gorilla Bomb, Cherry Pie, and Hawaii x Purple Skunk:

I'll flower in two tents with four strains in my 4' x 4' and two strains in my 2' x 4' and all plants will be in #10 GeoPots (another sponsor) and using @GeoFlora Nutrients (you guessed it - another sponsor! :D ).

But, my 2' x 4' was only 5' tall and I didn't want those plants to be at a disadvantage, so we reached out to Gorilla Grow Tents and they were gracious enough to send a new full-size 2' x 4' with an extension kit. I don't really have the ceiling space to be able to install the extension kit but that's OK since, if I did, the plants in the 4' x 4' would then be at the disadvantage! :rofl: That being said, this grow is intended to showcase these strains and not make it a competition.

I've been wanting to try the Gorilla Tents for a while and I'm glad I now have the opportunity. This is one nice, solid, high-quality, light-proof tent with plenty of access ports for wires & ducting, two view windows on the front, sturdy reinforced zippers with extra wide pulls, and a mesh bag on the inside for small storage:

To go along with the new 2' x 4' Gorilla Grow tent, Budget LED provided one of their new Series 3 Full-Spectrum 250w dimmable grow lights with an XL heatsink. This is a very nice US-made light with an ultra slim profile that's dimmable from 30w - 255w:

(NOTE: I hope you all appreciate the position I had to get myself into to get this last pic! ^^^ :laugh: )

While we're in the Gorilla Tent here's a quick look at the duct work:

So, I'm going to start soaking these seeds tonight and get them in soil in the next 24 hours. The plan will be to veg them all in the new Gorilla tent for the next 30 days, or so. Right around then, I'll be harvesting the current grow from the 4' x 4' and, once that's done, I can move four of the plants from the Gorilla 2' x 4' into the 4' x 4' to finish vegging and then flower.

When I move the plants to the 4' x 4', we'll have another light to work with from PhotonTek - a brand spanking new X 465W Pro LED. I asked them to hold off on the shipping until I get closer to harvesting the last round, so I don't have any pictures for you, yet, but this is one hot light! Check this out:

That should be enough info to get everyone started. Let me know if you have any questions along the way and I look forward to having you all along for the ride.

Happy Harvests!

K

SEEDS ARE SOAKING!

I've got all the seeds soaking now. I'm soaking two seeds from each of the six strains to, hopefully, make sure I get at least one viable seedling from each:

I should be able to do a lot better than 50% on the germination rate, but no way to tell which, if any, might be "duds" so I'm playing it a little safe and have no idea what I'm gonna due if/when these all pop! :rofl:

Also, to further hedge the bet, some of the packs had pretty wide variation in seed sizes and, in those cases, I tried to choose a larger and a smaller seed:

I usually will soak seeds for 12-18 hours, just to make sure they sink indicating they should be viable. From there, it will be into some ProMix & worm castings that has been cooking for several months, now, amended with the GeoFlora nutes.

Happy Harvests!

K

:ciao: Hi MrK! I'm going to tag along if you don't mind. I have that exact tent and am interested in putting an airflow system in like you showed. I do have room for the extension so I think it will work well. Mind sharing the details or is it non-sponsored? That light is perfect!
Welcome, Brother and glad to have you here. The ventilation is not from a sponsor. It's a 4" AC Infinity Cloudline fan. It's not as powerful as other 4" fans, but it's incredibly quiet and with the tent in my bedroom, the silence is golden! ;)

Actually, between the CloudLine fan and the Budget LED that uses a heat sync instead of fans, it's the most quiet setup I've used. :thumb:

The carbon filter is a VivoSun - cheap but effective. Right now, this tent is venting into the room.

I am loving all your new gear and those strains all sound good. This is going to be a good show. I know the Budget LED light is going to perform Great for you in that Nice new Gorilla tent...... All the other is cool too

I am loving all your new gear and those strains all sound good. This is going to be a good show. I know the Budget LED light is going to perform Great for you in that Nice new Gorilla tent...... All the other is cool too
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom