420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

Mr. Krip

Product Reviewer
420 Staff
WELCOME TO MR. KRIP'S SPONSORED GROW EXTRAVAGANZA
SHOWCASING AWESOME PRODUCTS FROM SOME OF 420 MAGAZINE'S TOP SPONSORS

Welcome all to the latest, possibly the biggest, and hopefully soon-to-be the best 420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Journal of all time! :woohoo:

In this grow, we're going to be featuring numerous sponsor products all working together to grow out some great genetics. Everything just arrived so it may be a few days to get everything really started, but here's a "sneak peek" at what we have coming:

Starting with the nutes, I prefer to grow organic in soil these days and really wanted to try to simplify the process with minimal additives, mixing, changing up, etc. and selected the GeoFlora Line with some microbial soil activator. The GeoFlora nutes are a dry mix you add every two weeks, depending on the stage of growth:

I'm not sure it gets much easier than that and I'm really looking forward to seeing how these nutes perform! :thumb:

To kick things up a notch, we also have some Soil Activator which is a mix of beneficial microbes mixed into the soil once at the beginning of the cycle:

We also have some Terpinator terpene enhancer and Purpinator which helps purple strains turn purple (we will have some purple strains going, too! ;) ), both of which are used through the entire grow:

Finally, and I hope I never have to use it, we have some Guard 'N Spray organic insecticide and some EcoWorks organic miticide/fungicide. I have never had any pest problems with any of my grows, so far ( :dude-knocking: ) but I also grow a lot of fruits & veggies so I told the Sponsor I'd test them on some of the outdoor plants:

And, the great guys over at GeoFlora were nice enough to send this really cool hat - The front is made of cork!:

What's not pictured here is that GeoFlora also included a pack of #10 GeoPots which are fabric containers.

And, for the coup de gras, the folks over at NextLight sent one of their Mega 650 watt LED's with COM port and dimmer control :slide::

This is one monster of a light and I can't wait to get this baby hung, plugged in, and shining like the sun! It runs 650 actual watts from the wall and the dimmer function will lower the wattage, if dimmed, for some nice energy savings.

I don't know if I'll have a chance to get the light hung this weekend, but am gonna try. If not, by next weekend we should be in full swing so reserve your spot early!

Happy Harvests!

K

first page...:popcorn:...what kind of footprint on the mega?...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
Even better than first page - first in! :high-five:

Here's the long answer:

Mega PAR Numbers
Inside a 4' x 4' Grow Tent
  • Flower Footprint: 5' x 5'
  • PPF: 1400
  • Wattage: 650W
  • PPF/Watt: 2.15
  • Unit Dimensions: 37" x 37"
Mega-12inch.jpg

Mega-18inch.jpg

*All Readings Taken Using LI-COR LI-250A Light Meter.

I’m in, I was looking at GeoFlora nutes yesterday. I’d like to find an organic nutrient I can run with coco.
Hmmmm :hmmmm:

I'll check with the guys and see what they say about coco. The bags give a dosage per cubic foot of "growing medium" (not soil) which leads me to believe it will work in coco, but, I'm guessing the micro-organisms are intended to create some symbiosis with soil, so would think soil would be preferable.

Let me see what I can find out! :high-five:

WELCOME TO MR. KRIP'S SPONSORED GROW EXTRAVAGANZA
SHOWCASING AWESOME PRODUCTS FROM SOME OF 420 MAGAZINE'S TOP SPONSORS

Welcome all to the latest, possibly the biggest, and hopefully soon-to-be the best 420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Journal of all time! :woohoo:

In this grow, we're going to be featuring numerous sponsor products all working together to grow out some great genetics. Everything just arrived so it may be a few days to get everything really started, but here's a "sneak peek" at what we have coming:

Starting with the nutes, I prefer to grow organic in soil these days and really wanted to try to simplify the process with minimal additives, mixing, changing up, etc. and selected the GeoFlora Line with some microbial soil activator. The GeoFlora nutes are a dry mix you add every two weeks, depending on the stage of growth:

I'm not sure it gets much easier than that and I'm really looking forward to seeing how these nutes perform! :thumb:

To kick things up a notch, we also have some Soil Activator which is a mix of beneficial microbes mixed into the soil once at the beginning of the cycle:

We also have some Terpinator terpene enhancer and Purpinator which helps purple strains turn purple (we will have some purple strains going, too! ;) ), both of which are used through the entire grow:

Finally, and I hope I never have to use it, we have some Guard 'N Spray organic insecticide and some EcoWorks organic miticide/fungicide. I have never had any pest problems with any of my grows, so far ( :dude-knocking: ) but I also grow a lot of fruits & veggies so I told the Sponsor I'd test them on some of the outdoor plants:

And, the great guys over at GeoFlora were nice enough to send this really cool hat - The front is made of cork!:

What's not pictured here is that GeoFlora also included a pack of #10 GeoPots which are fabric containers.

And, for the coup de gras, the folks over at NextLight sent one of their Mega 650 watt LED's with COM port and dimmer control :slide::

This is one monster of a light and I can't wait to get this baby hung, plugged in, and shining like the sun! It runs 650 actual watts from the wall and the dimmer function will lower the wattage, if dimmed, for some nice energy savings.

I don't know if I'll have a chance to get the light hung this weekend, but am gonna try. If not, by next weekend we should be in full swing so reserve your spot early!

Happy Harvests!

K
Man I got so many questions already.

First one though what is wood extract 90% 10% organic blend of ?

Okay I'll shut up for now Krip..:passitleft::hmmmm:

Hmmmm :hmmmm:

I'll check with the guys and see what they say about coco. The bags give a dosage per cubic foot of "growing medium" (not soil) which leads me to believe it will work in coco, but, I'm guessing the micro-organisms are intended to create some symbiosis with soil, so would think soil would be preferable.

Let me see what I can find out! :high-five:
Coco we re charge its shavings and microbes correct soil we build about a living bacteria beneficial not negative correct . Sorry still green a bit ..

Highya Mr Krip,

I've never followed your journal before. Looks like a lot of fun. I'm in!! Happy Smokin'

Man I got so many questions already.

First one though what is wood extract 90% 10% organic blend of ?

Okay I'll shut up for now Krip..:passitleft::hmmmm:
All questions are welcome - no guarantees on the answers! :rofl:

I think you're looking at the Soil Activator which is a microbial infusion to help boost the biology in the soil. The microbes are mixed in an inert wood extract at a ratio of 10% microbial mix to 90% wood extract. The wood extract essentially acts as a "carrier" for the microbes. :Namaste:

Coco we re charge its shavings and microbes correct soil we build about a living bacteria beneficial not negative correct . Sorry still green a bit ..
I'm not sure I entirely understand the question, Brother, and coco is one of the few mediums I've never grown in. I usually equate coco more to hydro than soil and, personally, don't like organics in anything with a reservoir, but in a drain-to-waste environment, I think it's pretty close to soil. I just don't know how well the inert material supports the microbes or the plants. In soil, the microbes break down the nutrients in the soil into a form that's usable by the plant. I just don't know how much of a benefit this would be with coco, though, I'm pretty sure you could grow some healthy plants.

All questions are welcome - no guarantees on the answers! :rofl:

I think you're looking at the Soil Activator which is a microbial infusion to help boost the biology in the soil. The microbes are mixed in an inert wood extract at a ratio of 10% microbial mix to 90% wood extract. The wood extract essentially acts as a "carrier" for the microbes. :Namaste:
Okay okay ....

So the activator is something that helps boost microbe life and or soil enhancer?

I am just trying to understand my own nutrients better let's see this is what I got barley use any kelp meal from BC coast and this seaweed soil enhancer they call it or soil contioner .

But it says is has marine phytoplankton organic

Says it carries calcium.magnesium.nitrogen which type ?.
Phosphorus
Potassium
Boron iron

Then I have my kelp meal

I'm not sure I entirely understand the question, Brother, and coco is one of the few mediums I've never grown in. I usually equate coco more to hydro than soil and, personally, don't like organics in anything with a reservoir, but in a drain-to-waste environment, I think it's pretty close to soil. I just don't know how well the inert material supports the microbes or the plants. In soil, the microbes break down the nutrients in the soil into a form that's usable by the plant. I just don't know how much of a benefit this would be with coco, though, I'm pretty sure you could grow some healthy plants.
I don't think it would be beneficial eithier when you put it like that. Makes sense to me

Back
Top Bottom