420 Magazine's Cannabis Strain Guide

Sensi Seeds: First Lady: Strong Small-Medium compact buds. Very fast Growing. High Yields: up to 27 oz. Dried & Trimmed:
Flower production is very quick once plant is in full flower stages:
Source Origin: Afganistan / Pakistan Northern Border

i cant belive none of you have listed some of the best genetics ive ever seen. im going to do you all a huge favor right now. look up subcool TGA seeds. This guy is the best breeder ever in my eyes. now dont get me wrong i love a good widow harvest and desil will always be close to my heart, but these new genetics blew me away.

Jillybean orange velvet X space queen
60/40 sativa/indica
8-9 week flower period
15%+ thc content
it is said that space queen has a qrapefuite phenotype somewhere in the genetic line.(romulan and cindarella99 make up space queen) In the early stages of your 12/12 lite cycle jilly will smell like oranges. later on pinapless, and then right before your done mangos. i shit u not i am a chef i pride my self on flavor profiles and palet and this stuff tastes like candy. it gets better yet. this is a very phycadelic uplifting high.

Qurklepurple urkle X space queen
80/20 Sativa/Indica
7-8 week flower period
15%+thc content

aahhh the Qurkle. this is a very small stocky indica. ive always described good sour desil to almost smell sweaty, i love it. this has that musky slap in the face quality and a body high that makes me happy to be a stoner and not a pill popper. this stuff will glue you to the couch after a few good bong hits.

those are the only two from subcool ive actually raised but there are many other amazing strains by this dude out there like:

jacks cleaner
sputnik 2.0
qleaner
jack the ripper
third demention
agent orange
dany boy
astro queen
space queen
space cheese
and the list goes on my friends i high recomend looking into these genetics if you are thinking about your own set up. i dont grow any more but when i did that stuff was the bomb

did u mention this Strain?
Seedsman Ata Tundra(Regular)

Ata_Tundra_3_large.jpeg

This f1 hybrid is one of the most interesting in our seed range. It is a cross of two pure lines coming from different geographic regions not very well-known in the cannabis world.
One parent comes from Alaska, home of the famous Matanuska Thunderfuck. This line is pure indica and shows good resistance to frost thanks to its origin.
The other parent comes from Kazakhstan, a wide region that extends from north Afghanistan between Uzbekistan and Russia, neighbouring China in the east. This parent is similar to the Afghani Kush, with a lemony smell typical of the Citral of Pakistan.
Growing Ata Tundra you can see many of the characteristics of both these parent plants.
Our hybrid is 100% indica. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor cultivation. It is our quickest flowering strain; finishing in around 45 days or outdoors towards the end of September. Its optimum THC level is around 20%.
It produces large, lemon scented compact buds. The hardiness of this plant coupled with its early maturation and ease of growth make it perfect for guerrilla cultivation techniques.
Genetics: Tundra x Kazakhstani
Variety: Pure Indica
Type: f1 Hybrid
Harvest Date: End of September
Flowering Period: 6 weeks
THC Content: 19%
Characteristics: Quick flowerer, good in cold climates.

Nirvana- Papaya (regular/femenized)

Papaya (Mango) is a fast growing plant, mold and disease resistant, and usually an early maturing plant. Papaya has a sweet, tropical fruity flavor. Papaya is a heavy, greasy Indica staying low and dense, very suitable for see of green gardens. The buzz from our Papaya is, lethargic, almost narcotic.

Plant height: short plant
Stoned or High: stoned Indica
THC level: high THC
flowering weeks: 8
Yield: 500
harvest month:8/9

Seedsman- Jungle Wreck (regular)

Jungle Wreck is a cross between an unknown Colombian strain showing mostly indica characteristics, possibly Santa Marta Gold and another citrus tasting indica strain.
The strain was created after some confusion with one of our breeders over his genetics but was not something we wanted to dispose off as it looked so good whilst growing and proved to be after the harvest. any wannabe breeders please not the importance of a good labeling system on seeds and pollen!

jungle Wreck is a lovely indica dominant strain with a lemony taste. it will grow excellently indoor, especially in a sea of Green set up alternatively it's a great outdoor indica in warm climates.

Although untested we are sure that this strain has a high CBD content as it has a very relaxing stoned effect and we all found it pretty giggly, despite the fact that THC content can reach around 18.5%.

Genetics: Colombian Indica hybrid
Variety: mostly Indica(70%)
Type: f1 hybrid
Harvest date: October
Flowering Period: 8 weeks
THC content: 18.5%
Characteristics: Large citrus tasting buds

I just ordered these from your sponsors, I will be starting a journal on each of these and hopefully I, will be able to describe them as I smoke em up. :roorrip:

Medijuana

The most powerful medical marijuana seed strain world wide.

This overwhelming indica has several fine qualities, making her very popular among medical marijuana users. Because of the high percentage of THC and the narcotic effect this strain is highly reccomended as a medicinal herb. The flowers are covered with sweet sticky resin and spread an stunning odor. The plants grow fast and makes many branches with golf-ball-like, rock hard buds. Medijuana is excellent for scrog-growing a.k.a. screen of green.

Flowering period : 8 - 9 weeks
Harvest : September
Stoned or High : 100% all natural pain relief
THC level : 25%
Grow Difficulty : easy - moderate

i read all those names. and i've read a million other strain guidesand i never see rainbow kush. why not i dont know. i knpw its not a strain with a huge following. but its still one of the greatest strains ever put together.

Strain: Rainbow Kush
Genetics: hindu kush x master kush x montel's pride (MP is Oaxacan x AK47 x Lavender)
Type: hybrid
High: Very stoned but also a very good high in the head
Smell: Strong fruity smell
Taste: Same way it smells... Like a cross between mango, peach and kiwi hitting your lungs

From Mandala Seeds.
KALICHAKRA
Type: sativa-indica
Contains land race genetics from: South India / S.E.Asia
Cultivation: indoor/outdoor
Light: 400 W/m2
Flowering time: 70-75 days/October
Yield: 500-550 gr/m2 (dry weight)
High: a potent, sativa high with an energizing body effect; THC-tolerance only builds up slowly, therefore the best choice for medical or regular users.
Medical Use: Kalichakra shows her therapeutic potential in pain relief and helping against depression.

KALICHAKRA
This variety carries the name of the Hindu Godess Kali, a tantric partner of the ganja smoking God Shiva. With Kalichakra we offer a hardy, potent sativa hybrid with a good yield. This sativa remains easy to control in height - indoor you can expect her to increase two to three times in height in the flowering period. Outdoors she will reach a height of 1,6 - 2,0 meters in temperate climates. Due to the high calyx-leaf ratio the quality of the flowers is above average and she is easy to manicure. She grows in two distinct phenotypes: some plants develop their resinous flowers in an airy pattern, others grow compact quality buds. Kalichakra provides clones easily and in Hydroponics rapid growth can be expected - thereby shortening the flowering time

Cotton Candy : Indoor/Outdoor
Mostly Indica. The Cotton Candy mama was a beautiful example of an old Island strain that comes out of Afghani and Blueberry seedlines. Long and fluffy to start but thick and sweet with a pinkish hue after 8 weeks. Odiferous flowers with intense resin production, this plant has a deep green colour on upper leaf surfaces, but the underside of the leaves are light green at first, becoming almost white with crystal at maturity. Recommended by my carny friend "Resin Rene".
Height 7 feet Flowering time 8 wks. Veg 1 wk for sea of green. Yield 9oz full size. 1oz in a 2 gal. pot. Harvest outdoor Oct 14
did you find the cotton candy for sale or just archiving it? because id love to get my hands on cotton candy

Thanks for your feedback. This project is on the back burner until we finish fixing all of the bugs from the new site and adding all of the new features we are working on, then we will get back on track with this. The database is half done, just needs another 80 hours or so of data entry, then we can launch it. The database software has already been developed and everything is ready to go, just waiting for more man power to get er done. Give us 90 days then revisit. Thanks.

I would much rather wait for a matured and quality finished product than something quick but premature, so to speak.

I hope that the strain guide will differentiate between "canned" breeder/seedbank descriptions/reports and those submitted by members that grew/cured/sampled the strains. Both are important but I would not wish to confuse the two when reading.

I also hope that strains with the same name but produced by different breeders will be treated as separate strains.

And I hope that strains that have been reported to help with various medical conditions (or cause them to worsen) will list those conditions.

Finally, I hope that in its final(+/-) form on the web, in document form, or in some db format, that we will be able to sort it according to various criteria - such as estimated height, flowering time, etc. and that we will be able to do searches on it.

What kind of data entry is required? Is it something that we could do small chunks of in order to help out?

Thanks for the offer TS, we do everything in house, so we'll just have to be patient until time, money and resources allow this project to move forward. I think 90 days is a reachable goal. Would help to bump this thread again in 60 days as a friendly reminder to us. Thanks. :)

New Grower Asks Help in Identifying Strain. Is it Lowryder?

day_22_single_sm.jpg

day_22_group_sm.jpg

1st time grower from unknown bag seeds. (Yes, I know I should know, long story, but I don't.) Have vegged, now Day 22, about to transition, but now wonder if these are Lowryder.

Point is: If so, need to adjust lights and cycles accordingly.

Day 22. Excellent growth, very dark blue-green, 9 inches tall, 7 inches wide.
Extremely bushy.

Closet hydro.
15 plants in 8 sq ft, will reduce to 7 when sexed.
3,000 'adjusted' watts of CFL's, started with 6400k moving to 2700.
All temps, humidity, etc., in 'normal' ranges.
Botanicare organic nutes.

Summary: Couldn't be more pleased with health, appearance, growth, etc., just need to know what they are, or more specificially if they are or are not Lowryder.

Many thanks for your help.
Not sure which forum this should post to.
Please advise.

george otto

Sorry those are not lowryder... It's some sort of Hybrid looking at it, my bet all female's cuz you got S1 seeds from a bag my guess. Just watch and pick off hermies.

And here's pretty much a clone only list I just started messing around with...

79' Pre-Soviet Afghan
35 Day
84' University of Washington Hashplant
85' Oregon 4-way
Accidental Haze
Aeric 77 Cali-O
Airborne G-13
Afgooey
Albert Walker
Aloha 98 WW
Arcata Trainwreck
Arcata Wreck
Backstage
Banana / Bonanno / Bwananna
Banana Kush
BC Hash Plant
Berks
Big Blue Dump Truck
Big Sur Holyweed
Blackberry
Blockhead
Blowfish
BlueMountain Jamacian
Blue Dot (old)
Blue Dot (new)
Blue Dream
Blue Dream Haze
Blue Velvet
Blueberry Sativa
BR - 13
Bubba Kush (Katsu & Pre-98)
Bubba Kush pre-2001
Bubba Kush mint
Bubble Gum
Bullrider
Cafe Girl
Cali-O Sativa (AE-77)
Catpiss (San Diego, SSH, & Tahoe cuts)
Champagne
Cheese
Chemdawg '91
Chemdawg-D
Chemo
Cherry AK-47
Cherry Bomb
Cherry Slyder
Coral Reef
Corn
Chocolate Thai
Chocolate trip
Cotton Candy Kush
Cough #1
Cough #2
Crazy Train
Cuddlefish Hash Plant
Cush, (same as green crack)
Dabney Blue
Dank *** *****
Dawg (same as chem.)
Death Star
DHK???s Black Domina
DOG
Dogshit
Dumpster
Durban Thai Highflier
Elvis
Emerald Triangle
G-13
Garlic
Ginger Ale
Genius
Gilgarj
GOD
Golden Goat
Golden haze
Grandaddy Purple (original & kens)
Grape Ape
Grapefruit
Gravity
Green Crack, (same as Cush, some call Mango too I believe...)
Grimm White Widow
Hash Plant #1
Hawaiian Webbed Indica
Herijuana (aka Hero)
Headband (Original Diesel, Daywrecker, Underdawg)
Headband 707
High Octane
Hindu Skunk
Hogsbreath
HP13
Humboldt Snow
Jacki-O
Jack'sCcleaner
Jedi
Killer Queen
King's Kross (King Kush)
Kong
Kryptonite
Krystal Spike
Kodiak Gold
Lambsbread
Lemon Bomb
Lemon G
Lemonaid
M-39
Manic
Mango
Mass. Super Skunk
Matanuska Valley Thunderfuck (ATF)
Maui Wowie (original & Humboldt cut)
Midnight Oil
Millies
Mother Ship
MSM???s Mr. Nice
Mullumbimby Madness
Norcal Cript
OG Kush (SFV, Abusive, Tahoe, Angel, Diablo, Fire, Compton, Lemon Larry, Ghost, Holywater, Jdog, Sac 1/2/3, Poison, HA OG, Raskal's OG, Apothecary, Private Reserve, & Tripple OG)
Socal OG Kush
Old Blue
Orange Bud
Orange Friesland
Oregon Funk
Oregon Purple Thai
Ortega
P91
Pacific G-13
Pez
Pineapple
Pineapple Thai
Pine Bud
Pink Kush
Platinum OG Kush
Portland Big Bud
Princess
Pukeberry
Pure Kush (LA and OG)
Purple Indica
Purple Kush (SR-71)
Purple Mr. Nice
Purple Nepal
Purple Thai
Purple Urkle/Erkle
Rainbow Kush
Rene
Romulan (Pine Pheno)
Romulan (Grape Pheno)
Scarlet Fire
Salmon Creek Big Bud
Schrom
Sharon
Shoreline
Skunk #2
Snocap
Socal Bubbleberry
Socal G-13
SoQuick's AK99
Sour Diesel (ECSD)
Sour Kush
Spirit of 76
Squirt
Stella Blue
Strawberry Cough
Strawberry Fields
Superfruit
Super Funk
Sweet Skunk
Tarantula
Tashenk
Terminator
Texada Timewarp (Twister)
The Purps aka Mendocino Purple
The White
The Black (Santa Cruz Haze)
Trainwreck (e-32)
Trinity
U2 Kush
UK Cheese
Ultraviolet
UW
Vision Thai
West Coast Nice
Wheel Chair
William’s Wonder
XJ13

zhummingsig.jpg

And to think I got on line this morning to ask for help to try and figure out what my next grow was going to be...

no kidding I think my brain is about to explode!:reading420magazine:

There is definitely a lot of dishonesty going on out there on the web and even at local collectives in relation to the actual liniage of many of these seeds and clones!

What I would love to see and what I think most home growers could really use on a thread like this are corresponding PHOTOS of the actual plant WHILE IN VEG MODE and FLOWER MODE.

A few months back here in Central Ca. I was sold a bill of goods not once but TWICE because I was too ignorant at the time to know the difference. It was only months later after spending hours on this forum reading about cannabis and educating myself that I realized that the clones I bought didn't bear any resemblance to the description of the strain they are supposed to be from! :skeptical:

Without quality photos of the "Real McCoy" to compare against the seedling or clone in my garden, there is no way to be absolutely sure you got what you paid for. Knowledge is power!

My second screwup happened a little more recently when one of my local collectives sold me seeds they claimed were Grand Daddy Purple seeds! I have since educated myself and now know that GDP is a clone only strain, so either the BudTender was as ignorant as I was about GDP's clone only liniage, or they were flat out lying to me about the strain these seeds were from! :rolleyes3

Here is the ONLY female plant to come out of that bag of six "so called" GDP seeds:

P10105571.jpg

P1010560.jpg

Obviously, this isn't a Grand Daddy Purple plant. To this day I still don't have a clue what strain this plant is. Anyone know? I am about a week away from harvesting this one, but based on the very low profile trichomes and somewhat scarce coverage, I am not too excited about the potency. A single lone female plant out of 6 original/sprouted seeds AND NOT the strain I paid for is a perfect example of why we need for more visual aids for identifying popular cannabis strains while the plant is alive and growing.

While we all know that there are tons and tons of photos of dried bud from most of these well known strains, it is very hard to find quality photos of the plants that produced those buds!

I found some good pictures of a Purple Urkle crop in veg mode here on this site at this thread:

Purple Urkle Mothers

This is the kind of companion photos I am talking about that would be good to post along with the strain description. Posting dried bud images really doesn't bring anything to the table on a grower's site like this. We need to be able to identify the strain based on how the plants look when they are alive at different stages of growth from seedling to flower.

Hope we can start to see this thread updated with companion images like I have located above for Purple Urkle.

Back
Top Bottom