420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: April 2022

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: April 2022

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine T-shirt, 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers
GeoPot: Five 3 Gallon GeoPots
Geoflora Nutrients: 2lb Geoflora Veg & 2lb Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
NextLight: NextLight 420h - LED Grow Light
Herbies Seeds:
- Skunk Special (5 seeds)
- Peyote Critical (10 seeds)
- Fruit Punch Auto (5 seeds)
- Candy Dawg (5 seeds)

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Members may only win this title once per year.

This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

As of Jan 1, 2022, perpetual journals are no longer permitted to be nominated in our contests. We realized that this contest was not fair to those who have created single grow journals to highlight methods, sponsors and genetics, as most perpetual journals are half filled with off topic conversations. Single journals simply cannot compete with perpetual journals that have multiple grows, many pages and years of gathered followers. This is the kind of loophole that creates the "popularity contest" mindset, so we opted to remove it to minimize drama and keep things fair. While we truly appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, we cannot allow them to be a part of this contest any longer, nor do we have the time, energy and resources to add another contest.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts @Paul Squiggle or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:

January: @StoneOtter - Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake ala Dope Seeds
February: @Verbalist - DWC & Soil: Verb's Purple Puncher Autos, Mars Hydro TS 1000
March: @Stunger - Stunger's Organic Soil Stealth Balcony: Landrace Mulanje & Other Sativas

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
April Nominees
@LKABudMan - LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWC
I would like to nominate LKABudman for Journal of the Month for his journal LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWC.

It's such a fun read -- full of great information, nice pics, great gear,
a wonderful growspace...I could go on.

The narrative is compelling. Will the clones be able to stay in the
veg tent until the flowering tent is clear? How is he going to manage
the conversion from DWC buckets to the RDWC system he just got? What will he do if the clones are too tall for even the flowering tent?

All of these questions and more are answered clearly and wonderfully
documented with pics.

I grow in soil but I am absolutely enthralled with the DWC journal!

And get this, Budman has another journal going simultaneously. It's
focus is a soil grow and it is an equally compelling read! It would
have been easy for me to nominate the soil journal for this award.
I chose the DWC journal because I had just a bit more fun reading it!

JOTM would fit LKABudman like a glove.

@Dusty Kiefers - Viparspectra XS1500 Sponsored Test Run
I think Dusty Kiefers deserves a shot at Journal of the Month competition. The reason is obvious, but let me walk you through Dusty growing abilities, his commitment to helping others, and the site sponsors.

His current journal is thoughtfully laid out from germination, different stages of veg and flower with complimentary images showing what he is doing. Updates are on a timely bases and quite detailed.

Dusty has been a member on this site for some time now, and his current grow is a testament on how to do it right. He not only encouraging members to ask questions, but meticulously answering all questions ask of him, in a kind and courteous way.

Always encourages other members to use the site sponsors when needed.

Don’t vote until you get a chance to read over his current journal, you will be impressed, I was. Viparspectra XS1500 Sponsored Test Run

@West Hippie - 420’s Perfect Sun Led Goliath V2 1 Alaskan Purple DWC 420’s West Hippie Grows
I was hoping I could nominate West Hippie's grow journal.

420’s Perfect Sun Led Goliath V2 1 Alaskan Purple DWC 420’s West Hippie Grows

West is at it again, and showcasing sponsors with incredible results. If you haven't seen one of his grows...well, you really should. And you really don't want to miss this one!

This guy grows monster sized plants, and details his grows meticulously. His current grow is something Incredible, with light schedule manipulation and a single hydroponic plant under a 680 Watt grow light...truly this grow journal deserves special recognition!

@Jon - Jon's Dedicated Fruity Pebble Cookies Grow Plus The Mystery Plant
I nominate @Jon for his Jon's Dedicated Fruity Pebble Cookies Grow Plus The Mystery Plant. His attention to detail is impeccable with fantastic photos. He is friendly and inviting; plus he welcomes anyone to his page. Truly a great thread to visit and watch.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

:cheer:
:cheer:

April Nominees
@LKABudMan - LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWC
I would like to nominate LKABudman for Journal of the Month for his journal LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWC.

It's such a fun read -- full of great information, nice pics, great gear,
a wonderful growspace...I could go on.

The narrative is compelling. Will the clones be able to stay in the
veg tent until the flowering tent is clear? How is he going to manage
the conversion from DWC buckets to the RDWC system he just got? What will he do if the clones are too tall for even the flowering tent?

All of these questions and more are answered clearly and wonderfully
documented with pics.

I grow in soil but I am absolutely enthralled with the DWC journal!

And get this, Budman has another journal going simultaneously. It's
focus is a soil grow and it is an equally compelling read! It would
have been easy for me to nominate the soil journal for this award.
I chose the DWC journal because I had just a bit more fun reading it!

JOTM would fit LKABudman like a glove.

@Dusty Kiefers - Viparspectra XS1500 Sponsored Test Run
I think Dusty Kiefers deserves a shot at Journal of the Month competition. The reason is obvious, but let me walk you through Dusty growing abilities, his commitment to helping others, and the site sponsors.

His current journal is thoughtfully laid out from germination, different stages of veg and flower with complimentary images showing what he is doing. Updates are on a timely bases and quite detailed.

Dusty has been a member on this site for some time now, and his current grow is a testament on how to do it right. He not only encouraging members to ask questions, but meticulously answering all questions ask of him, in a kind and courteous way.

Always encourages other members to use the site sponsors when needed.

Don’t vote until you get a chance to read over his current journal, you will be impressed, I was. Viparspectra XS1500 Sponsored Test Run

@West Hippie - 420’s Perfect Sun Led Goliath V2 1 Alaskan Purple DWC 420’s West Hippie Grows
I was hoping I could nominate West Hippie's grow journal.

420’s Perfect Sun Led Goliath V2 1 Alaskan Purple DWC 420’s West Hippie Grows

West is at it again, and showcasing sponsors with incredible results. If you haven't seen one of his grows...well, you really should. And you really don't want to miss this one!

This guy grows monster sized plants, and details his grows meticulously. His current grow is something Incredible, with light schedule manipulation and a single hydroponic plant under a 680 Watt grow light...truly this grow journal deserves special recognition!

@Jon - Jon's Dedicated Fruity Pebble Cookies Grow Plus The Mystery Plant
I nominate @Jon for his Jon's Dedicated Fruity Pebble Cookies Grow Plus The Mystery Plant. His attention to detail is impeccable with fantastic photos. He is friendly and inviting; plus he welcomes anyone to his page. Truly a great thread to visit and watch.

:goodluck:
Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine T-shirt, 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers
GeoPot: Five 3 Gallon GeoPots
Geoflora Nutrients: 4lb Geoflora Veg & 4lb Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
NextLight: NextLight 420h - LED Grow Light
Herbies Seeds:
- Skunk Special (5 seeds)
- Peyote Critical (10 seeds)
- Fruit Punch Auto (5 seeds)
- Candy Dawg (5 seeds)

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Members may only win this title once per year.

This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

As of Jan 1, 2022, perpetual journals are no longer permitted to be nominated in our contests. We realized that this contest was not fair to those who have created single grow journals to highlight methods, sponsors and genetics, as most perpetual journals are half filled with off topic conversations. Single journals simply cannot compete with perpetual journals that have multiple grows, many pages and years of gathered followers. This is the kind of loophole that creates the "popularity contest" mindset, so we opted to remove it to minimize drama and keep things fair. While we truly appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, we cannot allow them to be a part of this contest any longer, nor do we have the time, energy and resources to add another contest.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts @Paul Squiggle or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:

January: @StoneOtter - Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake ala Dope Seeds
February: @Verbalist - DWC & Soil: Verb's Purple Puncher Autos, Mars Hydro TS 1000
March: @Stunger - Stunger's Organic Soil Stealth Balcony: Landrace Mulanje & Other Sativas
Dam this is going to be a tough decision.
Really good quality journals to choose from.
Good luck everyone.

Stay safe Bill.

Thank you for the nomination and the kind words they really made my day. I'm so glad that others are enjoying my journals as much as I enjoy writing them. Good luck to all of the nominees and thank you for your contributions to this site.

Wow, what an honor, and thanks so much to whomever nominated me! Good luck to all. I can't even believe I'm included in this group of people. Thank you.

Thank you so much Renee & everyone at 420 that participated. It's an honor to be nominated for this award with all of the fantastic growers and grow journals on this site. Winning is a dream come true! And a special thanks to whomever nominated me and the very kind words, it really means a lot.

I'm so glad I found a home here at 420Mag. You all have been so welcoming and helpful, and the sense of community is sorely needed, especially after the last couple of years.

Thanks to my fellow nominees on your fantastic journals, you provide outstanding value for this community that makes this site the destination it is. Thank you to all of the 420 sponsors for the unbelievable prizes! And finally thanks to all that watch and follow my journals. You keep me going when I'm feeling lazy, which is most of the time ;)

Much Love :green_heart: and have a fantastic day!

Finally the recognition you deserve. :thumb:
Brilliant Journal my friend.
Congrats.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Thanks @Bill284 for the kind words, and for all your help and encouragement. Happy Growings.

Congrats, Budman!

Your work almost demanded that this honor be bestowed upon you. It's just a killer journal! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom