420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: August 2021

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: August 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet, 420 Magazine Stickers & Small 420 Magazine Nug Jar
Terpinator/Purpinator: 4 Liters Terpinator or 4 Liters Purpinator (Winner's Choice)
GeoPot: Five 7 Gallon GeoPots
Geoflora Nutrients: 4lb Geoflora Veg & 4lb Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
GreenSafe: Cannabis Cultivation and Cleaning Toolbox
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
Blue Planet Nutrients: Elite 3-Part Gallon, 3.5 oz Easy Weed, 8 oz Cal-Mag Pro Formula
NextLight: NextLight 420h - LED Grow Light

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Members may only win this title once per year.

This contest is open to Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts @Pat Puffer or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January - @Van Stank - Stanks Switch It Up In 2019
February - @Pat Puffer - Patient's Grows
March - @NuttyProfessor - Nutty & His Antics
April - @Bill284 - G.G. Clone Topped Before 10 Days Old
May - @Stunger - Stunger's Last Stand: Banned To The Balcony!
June - @Tokin Roll - Mars-Hydro DWC 1 Plant 4x4 Scrog
July - @Copperrein - BESTVA LED & Homegrown Cannabis Co Triathlon Of Sativa

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

August Nominees
@Furcifer - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Furcifer
I would like to enter Furcifer for Grow Journal of the Month, another very competent grower that flies under the radar.

Why do I think he deserves to be nominated? Let’s see, let me clarify what I am talking about. First, his current grow looks phenomenal, he always very considerate when questions are being ask of him, or if he is trying to help out another grower, and recommends sponsors when the need arises.

Take the time to check out his current grow. It is laid out very mythical with detail information about what he is currently doing, or if he plans on doing something different, he precisely following a logical path. His imagery is somewhat hallucinogenic, very clear and detailed.

He often is very willing to let new and older growers alike know about 420 Magazine sponsors; mentioning them when the time is right, and let me not forget that he has some of the top influencer on the site following him.

Don't vote until you take a look see at his current journal - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Furcifer

@Jon - Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod
I'd like to nominate Jon's journal. Thread 'Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod' Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod

Jon has done a terrific job and his journal is filled with greatly detailed knowledge. He's shown that he's more than willing to take advice given by members, is always friendly, and updates his journal with amazing photography along with detailed explanations.

@Stormblessed - First Full Flower Tent
I'd like to nominate @Stormblessed for his journal First Full Flower Tent.

Not only does this journal contain soil and DWC grows in the same tent but it's also a fast-paced, action-packed "thriller."

The plants never stop. It's just one barrage of monsters after another with barely time to blink in between. The journal also contains great photography and top-flight gear. He also runs some very interesting strains, many of which are new to me.

I'm not even sure how I stumbled upon this journal, but I'm so glad I did. Once I started reading it I could not stop.

For pure entertainment value alone, I nominate @Stormblessed.

@Emilya - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya
I’d like to nominate @Emilya for journal of the month.

Em puts so much pride and commitment into her journal. And updates almost daily. I constantly see her name tagged and tag her myself when it comes to questions with growing.

She is basically the Rainman of watering and can mentally calculate exactly how much water you are giving your plant from 78 paces.

Her attention to detail and photography is on fleek.

Em FTW

:goodluck: Good luck everyone! :goodluck:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

August Nominees
@Furcifer - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Furcifer
I would like to enter Furcifer for Grow Journal of the Month, another very competent grower that flies under the radar.

Why do I think he deserves to be nominated? Let’s see, let me clarify what I am talking about. First, his current grow looks phenomenal, he always very considerate when questions are being ask of him, or if he is trying to help out another grower, and recommends sponsors when the need arises.

Take the time to check out his current grow. It is laid out very mythical with detail information about what he is currently doing, or if he plans on doing something different, he precisely following a logical path. His imagery is somewhat hallucinogenic, very clear and detailed.

He often is very willing to let new and older growers alike know about 420 Magazine sponsors; mentioning them when the time is right, and let me not forget that he has some of the top influencer on the site following him.

Don't vote until you take a look see at his current journal - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Furcifer

@Jon - Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod
I'd like to nominate Jon's journal. Thread 'Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod' Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod

Jon has done a terrific job and his journal is filled with greatly detailed knowledge. He's shown that he's more than willing to take advice given by members, is always friendly, and updates his journal with amazing photography along with detailed explanations.

@Stormblessed - First Full Flower Tent
I'd like to nominate @Stormblessed for his journal First Full Flower Tent.

Not only does this journal contain soil and DWC grows in the same tent but it's also a fast-paced, action-packed "thriller."

The plants never stop. It's just one barrage of monsters after another with barely time to blink in between. The journal also contains great photography and top-flight gear. He also runs some very interesting strains, many of which are new to me.

I'm not even sure how I stumbled upon this journal, but I'm so glad I did. Once I started reading it I could not stop.

For pure entertainment value alone, I nominate @Stormblessed.

@Emilya - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya
I’d like to nominate @Emilya for journal of the month.

Em puts so much pride and commitment into her journal. And updates almost daily. I constantly see her name tagged and tag her myself when it comes to questions with growing.

She is basically the Rainman of watering and can mentally calculate exactly how much water you are giving your plant from 78 paces.

Her attention to detail and photography is on fleek.

Em FTW

:goodluck: Good luck everyone! :goodluck:

Wow I’m blown away to b nominated for this, thank you and I’m glad I can provide some good content and entertainment
You and me both @Stormblessed. I have no idea what I'm doing in here, but I'm honored that someone nominated me.

Humbly acknowledge the nomination.
Though many others are more deserving with their contribution to this forum of "420 Magazine".
Thanks, and congratulations and good luck to @Jon @Stormblessed @Emilya for being nominated.

Sorry guys, I was caught a little off guard by this, and I just realized there's probably an accepted form of decorum....something along the lines of.....thanks SO much to the person who nominated me for this, and good luck to all....I'm honored, and humbled, and to be honest I feel like I don't belong in this group - these are the people who help ME out!!! Lol!

I feel you @Jon

When I was nominated, I was caught completely of guard.

The only thing is, so many grower that deserve this recognition slide through the cracks.

We (the community) need to get more involved in voting and submitting deserving member.
It doesn't take that long to do a write up on these accomplished grower, they provide the content.

I'm off the soap box.

Tok..

I feel you @Jon

When I was nominated, I was caught completely of guard.

The only thing is, so many grower that deserve this recognition slide through the cracks.

We (the community) need to get more involved in voting and submitting deserving member.
It doesn't take that long to do a write on these accomplished grower, they provide the content.

I'm off the soap box.

Tok..
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm gonna make a better effort in that regard. We can always improve, right? The contest is great and an honor to be nominated, but we are in competition with Emilya.......lol. Good luck.

Even though we are on ignore, i thought id give credit where credit is due and voted, had a look through the journal's logged off , not sure if i broke a rule or not but as ive said i like to give credit where credit is due
:bravo::welldone: ,Ems :morenutes:

a perfect grow journal :ganjamon:

Even though we are on ignore, i thought id give credit where credit is due and voted, had a look through the journal's logged off , not sure if i broke a rule or not but as ive said i like to give credit where credit is due
:bravo::welldone: ,Ems :morenutes:

a perfect grow journal :ganjamon:
I saw your vote on my journal Nutty and I had to take you off of double ignore to thank you with a genuine and heartfelt thank you. Your outreach with a friendly hand has been noted and is very much appreciated. I hope you have been doing well during this time that we were advised to ignore each other, and I genuinely have missed you and your postings. I have also logged out once in a while just to see some of your postings and have realized in doing so just how much of an annoyance it is not to be able to see someone commenting on the same thread you are, way more than I might have been annoyed by some of your postings! Nutty, I am willing to let bygones be bygones if you are... I really would like to be your friend and have us be able to see each other's work.
:circle-of-love:

I saw your vote on my journal Nutty and I had to take you off of double ignore to thank you with a genuine and heartfelt thank you. Your outreach with a friendly hand has been noted and is very much appreciated. I hope you have been doing well during this time that we were advised to ignore each other, and I genuinely have missed you and your postings. I have also logged out once in a while just to see some of your postings and have realized in doing so just how much of an annoyance it is not to be able to see someone commenting on the same thread you are, way more than I might have been annoyed by some of your postings! Nutty, I am willing to let bygones be bygones if you are... I really would like to be your friend and have us be able to see each other's work.
This is why i love this place. Nutty doesn't pop on as regularly as he used to, so give him a bit to get back.

Congratulations Emilya on a well deserved win (not official yet ;) I know), your journal is filled with incredible knowledge.

:green_heart:

Sounds good to me:hug: , and thank you too I was the one in the wrong :oops:, I am sorry for you being on the wrong end of my mental health and sorry i got so worked up on things that where not worth getting worked up over , , thanks to you and 420 i was lead to meditating and teaching my self to be more calm and its working :)
When i look back i laugh at my self now :laugh:,
Your Journal is excellent , well done
If you ever heard of Eckhart Tolle we have him to thank also :) ,

Sorry again and good to hear from you :green_heart:&:peace:

Hey @Emilya, it's about time to congratulate you on what is certain to become official in a few more hours. You deserve this win. Your journal is amazing and filled with all kinds of pertinent and useful information for both beginners and experienced growers alike. I enjoy following yours almost as much as I like posting in my own. I learn a ton. It's great to see all the support (and votes!) you got - I'm sure a lot of folks were very happy to be able to give something back to you for a change. Good stuff girl. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom