420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: February 2021

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: February 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet, 420 Magazine Stickers & Small 420 Magazine Nug Jar
NextLight: Mega LED Grow Light
Terpinator/Purpinator: 4 Liters Terpinator or 4 Liters Purpinator (Winner's Choice)
GeoPot: Five 7 Gallon GeoPots
Geoflora Nutrients: 4lb Geoflora Veg & 4lb Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
GreenSafe: Cannabis Cultivation and Cleaning Toolbox
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
Blue Planet Nutrients: Elite 3-Part Gallon, 3.5 oz Easy Weed, 8 oz Cal-Mag Pro Formula
Lord Vaper: ZOLO-B 510 Thread Oil Cartridge Battery

Members may only win this title once per year.

This contest is open to Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January - @Van Stank - Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

February Nominees
@NuttyProfessor - Nutty and His Antics
I'd like to nominate NuttyProfessor's grow journal "Nutty and His Antics". Nutty's journal is among the most informative on organic growing that I have seen to date. This guy is like a mad scientist, he brews his organics from scratch and answers questions quickly and if it's about organics chances are he can and will help. This is the kind of journal that empowers growers to be self sufficient.

@Grand Daddy Black - Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack
I'd like to nominate GrandDaddyBlack's journal, Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack
for grow journal of the month. He works hard to maintain a very welcoming, fun and informative journal.

@Patient Puffer - Patient's Grows
I'd like to nominate Patient Puffer for the journal of the month award contest. Patient's Grows Patient's journal is filled with great ideas put into action in a way even I can understand. It's always something provoking thought, and he has a way of writing that gets the work of growing done with an easy mindfulness and sense of humor. The stoner sense of "sharing is caring" is obvious in his work there!

@Momma’s Kitchen - Momma's Kitchen Serving: My Bloody Valentines
I would like to nominate @Momma’s Kitchen for her journal, Momma's Kitchen Serving: My Bloody Valentines.
Momma does a wonderful job with info, photos, updates, and asking/answering questions. She is always very warm and welcoming to everyone and faces any problems she has head on. Every journal she puts out is always an adventure. If you haven't seen her journals yet, be sure to stop by and say hi, you won't regret it. Keep up the great work Momma! :love:

:goodluck: Good luck everyone! :goodluck:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

February Nominees
@NuttyProfessor - Nutty and His Antics
I'd like to nominate NuttyProfessor's grow journal "Nutty and His Antics". Nutty's journal is among the most informative on organic growing that I have seen to date. This guy is like a mad scientist, he brews his organics from scratch and answers questions quickly and if it's about organics chances are he can and will help. This is the kind of journal that empowers growers to be self sufficient.

@Grand Daddy Black - Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack
I'd like to nominate GrandDaddyBlack's journal, Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack
for grow journal of the month. He works hard to maintain a very welcoming, fun and informative journal.

@Patient Puffer - Patient's Grows
I'd like to nominate Patient Puffer for the journal of the month award contest. Patient's Grows Patient's journal is filled with great ideas put into action in a way even I can understand. It's always something provoking thought, and he has a way of writing that gets the work of growing done with an easy mindfulness and sense of humor. The stoner sense of "sharing is caring" is obvious in his work there!

@Momma’s Kitchen - Momma's Kitchen Serving: My Bloody Valentines
I would like to nominate @Momma’s Kitchen for her journal, Momma's Kitchen Serving: My Bloody Valentines.
Momma does a wonderful job with info, photos, updates, and asking/answering questions. She is always very warm and welcoming to everyone and faces any problems she has head on. Every journal she puts out is always an adventure. If you haven't seen her journals yet, be sure to stop by and say hi, you won't regret it. Keep up the great work Momma! :love:

:goodluck: Good luck everyone! :goodluck:

Best of luck to one and all! :goodluck: :high-five:

Hello @

Renee Roberts

I would like to withdraw from this months contest, i feel i have some stuff on my journal that would be more a sympathy thing , i thank the person that nominated me for my organics , and maybe in a couple of months time i will take part but this month, no, i wouldn't feel like i deserved to get the votes
(its just how i roll )

Love & peace :green_heart:

That's funny, Nutty. 2nd month came and passed and I forgot to send Renee my nominations (stoner). This will not happen a 3rd time.

Your journal should be up there due to the trail blazing efforts you are making on the coco/organic front. You are doing ferments and taking plants from start to finish without ever hitting a hydro store!? That alone deserves to have your journal up here. I feel it's more deserved than mine.

I also wanted yours nominated WAAAYYY before mine. I also felt like yours is worthy of a nomination before the incident. Don't let the incident take away from the potential of your journal taking center stage. :)

Hello @

Renee Roberts

I would like to withdraw from this months contest, i feel i have some stuff on my journal that would be more a sympathy thing , i thank the person that nominated me for my organics , and maybe in a couple of months time i will take part but this month, no, i wouldn't feel like i deserved to get the votes​

(its just how i roll )​

Nutty, I believe in you and your journal.
We have "known" each other for a long while.
You are deserving and I'm sure that pitty, has nothing to do with you being nominated.
:love: :green_heart: :love:

Hello @

Renee Roberts

I would like to withdraw from this months contest, i feel i have some stuff on my journal that would be more a sympathy thing , i thank the person that nominated me for my organics , and maybe in a couple of months time i will take part but this month, no, i wouldn't feel like i deserved to get the votes​

(its just how i roll )​

I don't accept that! We all have imperfections that mar our perfection. You good like that my friend! Please reconsider?

Again, I find myself surrounded by superior growers and in a niche i may not belong.

Whenever i see me up there, I take a long scurtinous look at myself and the substance I put in to my journal and wonder what else I could have done to perhaps deserve the nomination. Well, I love it here and all involved in this effort to grow a plant and lift the veil of secrecy and abolishment. This months' vote is easy.

On another note, I appreciate the nomination and I will work harder to deserve it. :) i keep a list of people to tell on...Hahahaha...serious, I won't disclose who is on there, but i get around and take notes on people who are going the extra mile to make new comers feel welcomed...this contest is not the same one but just as important.

A few of you did it for me when I arrived, and a couple of you walked by and kicked my cage. ;) hahaha...silly people. Nothing really mean just...
"R u fur real?"...kinda thing. I will not let another month go by without nominating these/those people that go the extra mile to make a new comer feel welcomed. I am upset i let a 2nd month go by without posting a name. :(

You may not be nominated every month, but the effort you make to help a new visitor feel welcomed goes further than you may think. It allows us to be ourselves and leaves us more receptive to others and allows us to be a better member all around.

This simple fact alone is enough to make me recommend this site to ANY grower. Keep up the great work and let the compassion, passion, and consideration flow. You members are the best.

Hello @

Renee Roberts

(its just how i roll )​

Hi Nutty,

Please don't withdraw. Sympathy has nothing to do with any votes you get. You're a great guy, otherwise you wouldn't be doing the things you're doing or asking to withdraw. You're up there cause you have over 50 pages of incredible information and deserve it, just as all the other nominees who make this a great place.

I am floored by this nomination!

Why? Because I can hardly believe I can be rewarded for doing something that I love to do!

And I only love doing it because 420's members are so wonderful (well, most of them anyway :laughtwo: ).

A few weeks ago I was scouring the internet for information about growing with Geoflora nutrients. Search results led me to another grow blog and I joined it so I could dig into the Geoflora info. After seeing some of the impressive member pics on the site, I decided to post an "Introduce Yourself" page. I included a brief bio and some pics of my current grows. Two weeks later, my post has generated 1 like and 2 welcome messages (one of those from the site admin). It's like the dark side of the moon compared to what happened when I joined 420!

Don't take this site for granted. It is truly a wonderful place!

All of the other nominees are more worthy than I. And I hope I am not campaigning by saying "If You Don't Agree, Vote for Me." :rofl:

Thanks to whoever nominated this old geezer and good luck to all the nominees. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom