420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: January 2021

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: January 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet, 420 Magazine Stickers & Small 420 Magazine Nug Jar
NextLight: Mega LED Grow Light
Terpinator/Purpinator: 4 Liters Terpinator or 4 Liters Purpinator (Winner's Choice)
GeoPot: Five 7 Gallon GeoPots
Geoflora Nutrients: 4lb Geoflora Veg & 4lb Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
GreenSafe: Cannabis Cultivation and Cleaning Toolbox
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
Blue Planet Nutrients: Elite 3-Part Gallon, 3.5 oz Easy Weed, 8 oz Cal-Mag Pro Formula
Lord Vaper: ZOLO-B 510 Thread Oil Cartridge Battery

Members may only win this title once per year.

This contest is open to Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

January Nominees
@BooWho2 - BooWho’s First Grow: Cinderella 99 & Pineapple Express Auto
BooWho2 - BooWho’s First Grow: Cinderella 99 & Pineapple Express Auto is my nominee for GJOTM.
I know usually it’s longer journals or maybe more experienced members who take these, but for the newer members a journal like this may feel like it’s more obtainable.Boo is a really good example of a member who came here knowing almost nothing and now can deliver the goods. Very friendly and helpful in and out of their journal, and has the right kind of crowd following along assisting. Good pics, good subject matter, good vibes. We need more members and journals like this as examples for new members to follow.

@Rexer - Rex's Hydro Grow: Somango Auto & Super Skunk Auto: Drop In & Learn Or Help With Some Easy Hydroponics
I'll nominate Rexer for GJotM. His hydro journal is well detailed, showing values such as pH, PPM, temps, etc. with each update. He provides plenty of tips, and his photos are always top notch and on topic. He takes the time to explain what not to do from his own experiences and is very welcoming to members who follow along. I'm not sure if this is Rexer's only journal since it's the only one listed in his signature, but it's a great place for members starting off with a hydro system to stop by and pick up some great information.

@DonkeyDick - DD Stable of Impermanance
I would like to nominate DonkeyDick with his DD Stable of Impermanance journal for GJOTM. DD's journal is always very welcoming to all members and has a solid following. I think the journal is a good balance of being social and relaxed without straying too far. His content is always well put together with some really great photos. Full of useful information and lots going on. It was tough to decide on a journal to nominate this month as there are so many good ones but I think DD deserves a shot at January's title.

@Van Stank - Stanks Switch It Up In 2019
One of the most consistently compelling journals on 420 these last few years is that of Van Stank. First it’s all about the plants, of course! Supporting these great and various specimens, though, is a grow journal incorporating illustrative, inspiring and plentiful photos, wonderfully detailed descriptions of everything from germination, cloning and training to explorations of genetic lines past, present and future. All this plus more, including an engaged following, and a large scale garden running lots and lots of plants, adds up to a wealth of share coupled with a true ability to tell the tale. Stank’s not precious either. Recognizing that growth of the grower comes often through trial and error, the open sharing of mistakes and how they were solved and what led to them, including thoughts about what to do differently next time etc., contributes to making Van’s journal a rich and very well-rounded one to follow.

Finally, and this is first and last really, it’s about the soil. The sheer fact of its near perfection is always in evidence and indicates a deep and true engagement. A plant whisperer and a journal keeper well worthy of the honor.

@Sunnyskies - Brah, Automatik! Fastbuds G14 Auto Grown By Sunny!
I would like to nominate Brah, Automatik! Fastbuds G14 Auto Grown By Sunny! by Sunnyskies for grow journal of the month. Sunny's journal is very informative and full of positive energy. He always takes the time to reply to anyone who has a question or comment with a personalized answer. He also posts frequent updates and his photos are crisp, clear and absolutely amazing. Over all, I love how he fills his journal with nothing but good ohana vibes.

:goodluck: Good luck everyone! :goodluck:

:reading420magazine:....:goodluck: all!

Entries are now closed and the poll is open, let the voting begin! This month's nominees have been added to the original post so you can easily find them. Good luck everyone :goodluck:

I’m so surprised by this.
The nomination is an honour.
It’s a privilege to generate such content as I can alongside some of the greatest green thumbs in the world, right here. 420mag ftw!

FYI the title ‘Impermanence’ wasn’t ironic. I literally did not expect to survive. As a result, no content happened til about halfway - which is where the link in my signature will take you, reader. Otherwise jump in on the end, the more the merrierjuana.

:peace::love:

What a honor! Mahalo for the nomination and positive energy! I am super grateful to be able to learn and share here. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Sending you all lots of love and respect from Hawaii as always!
:passitleft::passitleft:

The poll is officially closed and a huge congratulations goes to @Van Stank and his journal - Stanks Switch It Up In 2019! Thank you for your wonderful contribution to this community, keep up the great work! :high-five:

A special thanks to this month's nominees, your journals are obviously making an impact here and you should all hold your heads high - pun intended. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom