420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: May 2022

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: May 2022

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:

• Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine T-shirt, 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers
GeoPot: Five 3 Gallon GeoPots
Geoflora Nutrients: 2lb Geoflora Veg & 2lb Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
Herbies Seeds:
- Skunk Special (5 seeds)
- Peyote Critical (10 seeds)
- Fruit Punch Auto (5 seeds)
- Candy Dawg (5 seeds)

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Members may only win this title once per year.

This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

As of Jan 1, 2022, perpetual journals are no longer permitted to be nominated in our contests. We realized that this contest was not fair to those who have created single grow journals to highlight methods, sponsors and genetics, as most perpetual journals are half filled with off topic conversations. Single journals simply cannot compete with perpetual journals that have multiple grows, many pages and years of gathered followers. This is the kind of loophole that creates the "popularity contest" mindset, so we opted to remove it to minimize drama and keep things fair. While we truly appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, we cannot allow them to be a part of this contest any longer, nor do we have the time, energy and resources to add another contest.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts @Paul Squiggle or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:

January: @StoneOtter - Dos-Si-Dos & Wedding Cake ala Dope Seeds
February: @Verbalist - DWC & Soil: Verb's Purple Puncher Autos, Mars Hydro TS 1000
March: @Stunger - Stunger's Organic Soil Stealth Balcony: Landrace Mulanje & Other Sativas
April: @LKABudMan - LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWC

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
May Nominees
@Grand Daddy Black - GDB's Express Grow
I would like to submit Grand Daddy Black for May’s Grow Journal of the Month.

He has proven his skills on more than one occasion, and is always willing to help out where he can, swaying new member to use our sponsors.

If you're ever bored and wandering through the site trying to find something interesting to read, take a look at any of his grow journals and you will find your spirits lifted by the stimulating conversation.

While reading other journals I notice that Grand Daddy Black enjoys helping others where he can. Sometimes it’s a word of encouragement and sometime it’s growing suggestions.

He is often welcoming a new member, to make them feel at ease, and recommending they use our sponsors for their growing needs.

Don’t vote until you read through some of his latest journal.

GDB's Express Grow
I'd like to nominate Grand Daddy Black and his journal GBD's Express Grow for Grow Journal of the Month. GDB's journal is an informative and entertaining look at the lives of three little weed seeds growing into budding beauties. GDB showcase several sponsors very well in his journal along with great pictures of his beautiful plants. He is a welcoming, friendly, and approachable member with a great sense of humor. I've learned a lot from his journal and had a fun time doing it.

@Emilya - CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest
I would like to nominate @Emilya
CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

This journal is a fantastic read. Tho I am particularly disappointed Em didn’t get her baby beer taps out for Nude Gardening Day this month (.)(.).

Em takes such pride in her grow. She is genuinely interested in the science behind growing and trying new techniques (just don’t mention bro science based evidence or over watering or she will be on you like a fat kid on cake).

Em updates regularly uses sponsored products and gives honest reviews.

If you haven’t had a look, go do yourself a favor. It’s a perpetual turn over, which involves all the challenges you would expect having that many balls in the air.

Em FTW

@Melville Hobbes - Melville's Doug's Varin Winter Grow
I would like to nominate Melville Hobbes - Melville's Doug's Varin Winter Grow for grow journal of the month.

This journal is what growing medicine is all about. Melville has done an excellent job from start to finish. He updates regularly and always includes great photos. He is very thorough and detailed, and responds to everyone. You can tell he is a very dedicated and knowledgeable member and is well deserving of this nomination.​

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Hey everyone
:ciao:
Be sure to get your nominations in before the 15th.
:Namaste:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
May Nominees
@Grand Daddy Black - GDB's Express Grow
I would like to submit Grand Daddy Black for May’s Grow Journal of the Month.

He has proven his skills on more than one occasion, and is always willing to help out where he can, swaying new member to use our sponsors.

If you're ever bored and wandering through the site trying to find something interesting to read, take a look at any of his grow journals and you will find your spirits lifted by the stimulating conversation.

While reading other journals I notice that Grand Daddy Black enjoys helping others where he can. Sometimes it’s a word of encouragement and sometime it’s growing suggestions.

He is often welcoming a new member, to make them feel at ease, and recommending they use our sponsors for their growing needs.

Don’t vote until you read through some of his latest journal.

GDB's Express Grow
I'd like to nominate Grand Daddy Black and his journal GBD's Express Grow for Grow Journal of the Month. GDB's journal is an informative and entertaining look at the lives of three little weed seeds growing into budding beauties. GDB showcase several sponsors very well in his journal along with great pictures of his beautiful plants. He is a welcoming, friendly, and approachable member with a great sense of humor. I've learned a lot from his journal and had a fun time doing it.

@Emilya - CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest
I would like to nominate @Emilya
CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

This journal is a fantastic read. Tho I am particularly disappointed Em didn’t get her baby beer taps out for Nude Gardening Day this month (.)(.).

Em takes such pride in her grow. She is genuinely interested in the science behind growing and trying new techniques (just don’t mention bro science based evidence or over watering or she will be on you like a fat kid on cake).

Em updates regularly uses sponsored products and gives honest reviews.

If you haven’t had a look, go do yourself a favor. It’s a perpetual turn over, which involves all the challenges you would expect having that many balls in the air.

Em FTW

@Melville Hobbes - Melville's Doug's Varin Winter Grow
I would like to nominate Melville Hobbes - Melville's Doug's Varin Winter Grow for grow journal of the month.

This journal is what growing medicine is all about. Melville has done an excellent job from start to finish. He updates regularly and always includes great photos. He is very thorough and detailed, and responds to everyone. You can tell he is a very dedicated and knowledgeable member and is well deserving of this nomination.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Thanks to whomever for the nomination(s). I am floored!

Good luck to @Emilya and to my friend, @Melville Hobbes! :Rasta:

This is a tough choice since I follow all 3 but I'm inclined to vote for Mel, simply because he hasn't won anything yet since he joined and I believe he deserves a win.

Congratulations to
:adore: May's Grow Journal of the Month Winner! :adore:

@Grand Daddy Black
GDB's Express Grow

Thank you for providing such amazing content for our community, we truly appreciate you!:high-five:

We also want to thank all of the nominees and those that nominated them.

We are very grateful for each of you. :love:

:thanks:

Congratulations to

@Grand Daddy Black
GDB's Express Grow

Thank you for providing such amazing content for our community, we truly appreciate you!:high-five:

Congrats G.D.P nice work.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Congratulations to

@Grand Daddy Black
GDB's Express Grow

Hell yea GDB, well deserved win and honestly a dope journal.
Congratulations GDB, I didn't vote because wanted to vote for all 3!
Hahaha I do a series of coins flips when I can't decide ;)

Back
Top Bottom