420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: September 2021

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: September 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine T-shirt, 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers
GeoPot: Five 7 Gallon GeoPots
Geoflora Nutrients: 4lb Geoflora Veg & 4lb Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
Blue Planet Nutrients: Elite 3-Part Gallon, 3.5 oz Easy Weed, 8 oz Cal-Mag Pro Formula
NextLight: NextLight 420h - LED Grow Light

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Members may only win this title once per year.

This contest is open to Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts @Pat Puffer or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January - @Van Stank - Stanks Switch It Up In 2019
February - @Pat Puffer - Patient's Grows
March - @NuttyProfessor - Nutty & His Antics
April - @Bill284 - G.G. Clone Topped Before 10 Days Old
May - @Stunger - Stunger's Last Stand: Banned To The Balcony!
June - @Tokin Roll - Mars-Hydro DWC 1 Plant 4x4 Scrog
July - @copperrein - BESTVA LED & Homegrown Cannabis Co Triathlon Of Sativa
August - @Emilya - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
September Nominees
@Dusty Kiefers - Mars Hydro TSW2000 Grow N Show
I think Dusty Kiefers deserves another shot at Journal of the Month competition. The reason is obvious, but let me walk you through again about Dusty growing abilities, his commitment to helping others, and the site sponsors.

His current journal is thoughtfully laid out from germination, different stages of veg and flower with complimentary images showing what he is doing. Updates are on a timely bases and quite detailed.

Dusty has been a member on this site for some time now, and his current grow is a testament on how to do it right. He not only encouraging members to ask questions, but meticulously answering all questions ask of him, in a kind and courteous way.

Always encourages other members to use the site sponsors when needed.

Don’t vote until you get a chance to read over his current journal, you will be impressed, I was.

Mars Hydro TSW2000 Grow N Show

@Jon - Jon's New Pared Down Setup Soil Grow: 3 Photo & 1 Auto With New Dedicated Auto Rig
I would like to nominate:

Jon's New Pared Down Setup Soil Grow: 3 Photo & 1 Auto With New Dedicated Auto Rig

He is very detailed, helpful and inquisitive. I have followed him since day one.
A classic and classy 420 Magazine journal. Great set-up, with all the relevant details, nicely illustrated with good photos. The journal is a clear and clean narrative, with terrific information on subjects such as Rhizotonic, light distance and living soil. Jon's a really thorough poster and talks you through the whole process. Great subscriber participation and a must-read for any first time indoor soil grower.

@Modest Grower - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Modest Grower
I think he did a great job with the comparative grow constantly providing us lots of high quality photo updates with good attention to detail while highlighting his sponsors and replying to questions and comments with good energy and pride. Those colas were monsters and those calyx's were extreme, it was a fun journal to follow from such an amazing cultivator.

@Moto258 - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Moto258
This was a sweet comparative journal with not only great pictures of the grow, but also lots of cool creative shots that could be strong photo of the month contenders. Everything was very clean and organized, the way a proper grow should be. Excellent choices of quality equipment topped off with some very extensive cultivation skills. All sponsors were promoted and I had a blast following along.

:goodluck: Good luck everyone! :goodluck:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
September Nominees
@Dusty Kiefers - Mars Hydro TSW2000 Grow N Show
I think Dusty Kiefers deserves another shot at Journal of the Month competition. The reason is obvious, but let me walk you through again about Dusty growing abilities, his commitment to helping others, and the site sponsors.

His current journal is thoughtfully laid out from germination, different stages of veg and flower with complimentary images showing what he is doing. Updates are on a timely bases and quite detailed.

Dusty has been a member on this site for some time now, and his current grow is a testament on how to do it right. He not only encouraging members to ask questions, but meticulously answering all questions ask of him, in a kind and courteous way.

Always encourages other members to use the site sponsors when needed.

Don’t vote until you get a chance to read over his current journal, you will be impressed, I was.

Mars Hydro TSW2000 Grow N Show

@Jon - Jon's New Pared Down Setup Soil Grow: 3 Photo & 1 Auto With New Dedicated Auto Rig
I would like to nominate:

Jon's New Pared Down Setup Soil Grow: 3 Photo & 1 Auto With New Dedicated Auto Rig

He is very detailed, helpful and inquisitive. I have followed him since day one.
A classic and classy 420 Magazine journal. Great set-up, with all the relevant details, nicely illustrated with good photos. The journal is a clear and clean narrative, with terrific information on subjects such as Rhizotonic, light distance and living soil. Jon's a really thorough poster and talks you through the whole process. Great subscriber participation and a must-read for any first time indoor soil grower.

@Modest Grower - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Modest Grower
I think he did a great job with the comparative grow constantly providing us lots of high quality photo updates with good attention to detail while highlighting his sponsors and replying to questions and comments with good energy and pride. Those colas were monsters and those calyx's were extreme, it was a fun journal to follow from such an amazing cultivator.

@Moto258 - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Moto258
This was a sweet comparative journal with not only great pictures of the grow, but also lots of cool creative shots that could be strong photo of the month contenders. Everything was very clean and organized, the way a proper grow should be. Excellent choices of quality equipment topped off with some very extensive cultivation skills. All sponsors were promoted and I had a blast following along.

:goodluck: Good luck everyone! :goodluck:

Thank you for nominating me words couldn't explain the amount of pride I now have for 420 magazine! Not only were yall here threw some very tough times in my short time I've been a member here but given me more insight on other members here and why this place can be a special place to come too! I've learned a lot being a member here as well with cannabis species that futher enhanced my real life journey away from the garden I get to share with yall! 420 magazine keep fighting for the weaker so that one day they can thrive again! Personal experiences at thought!! ( I can name many others that grew with me in this girl scout cookie comparison that had outstanding journals that went over and beyond what I could have even tried to put into a presentation like they all did! Makes me strive to a better more detailed version next time if their should be one!) Thanks again to 420 staff and all the sponsors that make yalls mission come to life in the real world!!

Damn you guys. Someone actually nominated me again this month. Wow. Last time someone made a comment to me offline and alluded that they were maybe going to nominate me but I forgot all about it until I saw it. This time I have no clue, and whoever it was, thank you very very much. I am as honored to be here as I was last time. The other folks who have journals here are all very very worthy nominees and I wish them the best of luck. I will be voting for one of them, and it's always so hard to choose. The greatest thing about this contest is that everyone's a winner. The real prize IS the nomination, and the likelihood is that those voting got something from the journals in question. So WIN WIN WIN. Those are nice, lol. So thanks again, and please know that win, lose, or place, I wouldn't spend as much time as I do with y'all if I wasn't getting big time return on my investment. The growers here are almost 100% responsible for my rather quick climb up the learning curve, and for that I could never say thanks enough times. The respect level here that we all show one another is also worthy of note and something I love very much, especially after Facebook, my god.

Good luck everyone!

I woke up today wondering if the results of this contest would be up by the time I was finished with the plants. Indeed it was.

WOW. DAMN. I am speechless you guys, and as you may know, that doesn't happen to me very often. First time in my entire life I ever won anything in a contest.

THANKS SO MUCH to those who voted for me and the person who nominated me. Congratulations to all the nominees, and I gotta say @Modest Grower, that was a close one, I was sweating it a little bit, but would have been happy to have placed second to your fabulous journal. I read them all and any one of us could easily have won this month.

Thank you to 420 and the moderators too. You guys do amazing work here, tirelessly, and it is very much appreciated. I hope y'all are aware of just how successfully you are carrying out your vision here. There's not a sniff of "social media" stuff here, and that alone makes it super special. The help I have gotten since I joined the forum has literally changed my life, as much as that may sound like hyperbole. It's interesting, and fun, and an unparalleled learning experience that I have never found on any other forum. Truly a one-of-a-kind place to be and I am glad as hell I'm here.

Thanks also to the sponsors for putting up a fabulous prize pack and all the support you give to us here, I am very excited to try a new light and upgrade my blurples, and I guarantee my autos in the outdoor rig are going to be singing a happy song. I also probably won't have to buy nutrients for quite a while. Awesome, and thank you. I am very happy to now be using several sponsored products which I wasn't even aware of before joining the forum.

This is a humbling experience for me guys. It really means a lot and thanks again so much. I'll try my best to finish this journal with the momentum y'all have now provided me.

Yay!!!!

:green_heart::snowboating::peace::peace::peace:

Wow! Thank you for the nomination and everyone who voted for me I am really shocked that my journal was so well received. It is great to know as I wanted to do right by this great site, the sponsors, and my fellow growers. Anyway, thank you all so much!

Congrats on the win Jon!!! Happy Friday everyone!

Wow! Thank you for the nomination and everyone who voted for me I am really shocked that my journal was so well received. It is great to know as I wanted to do right by this great site, the sponsors, and my fellow growers. Anyway, thank you all so much!

Congrats on the win Jon!!! Happy Friday everyone!
Your journal was amazing and if you hadn't been so damn close to overtaking me I would have voted for yours. I learned a lot from yours as I grow in soil. The transition is on the horizon, and journals like yours really help me get an idea of what I'm in for. Great job man. And thanks!

I woke up today wondering if the results of this contest would be up by the time I was finished with the plants. Indeed it was.

WOW. DAMN. I am speechless you guys, and as you may know, that doesn't happen to me very often. First time in my entire life I ever won anything in a contest.

If this is you speechless, I wonder what you're like when you're not speechless? :laughtwo:

THANKS SO MUCH to those who voted for me and the person who nominated me. Congratulations to all the nominees, and I gotta say @Modest Grower, that was a close one, I was sweating it a little bit, but would have been happy to have placed second to your fabulous journal. I read them all and any one of us could easily have won this month.

Thank you to 420 and the moderators too. You guys do amazing work here, tirelessly, and it is very much appreciated. I hope y'all are aware of just how successfully you are carrying out your vision here. There's not a sniff of "social media" stuff here, and that alone makes it super special. The help I have gotten since I joined the forum has literally changed my life, as much as that may sound like hyperbole. It's interesting, and fun, and an unparalleled learning experience that I have never found on any other forum. Truly a one-of-a-kind place to be and I am glad as hell I'm here.

Thanks also to the sponsors for putting up a fabulous prize pack and all the support you give to us here, I am very excited to try a new light and upgrade my blurples, and I guarantee my autos in the outdoor rig are going to be singing a happy song. I also probably won't have to buy nutrients for quite a while. Awesome, and thank you. I am very happy to now be using several sponsored products which I wasn't even aware of before joining the forum.

This is a humbling experience for me guys. It really means a lot and thanks again so much. I'll try my best to finish this journal with the momentum y'all have now provided me.

Yay!!!!

:green_heart::snowboating::peace::peace::peace:

Congrats on the win, Jon! I'm sure it was well-deserved.

Back
Top Bottom