420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Year: 2019

Teddy Edwards

420 Support
420 Staff
Congratulations to Dutchman1990 the winner of 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Year 2019!

This award celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine based on relevant content, quality of writing, photography and general knowledge sharing. Winners are chosen by the 420 Magazine staff, to avoid any rumors of this being a popularity contest.

We would like to express our sincere thanks both to our regular, monthly sponsors and to those who have contributed one-offs to this prestigious, annual contest. We are truly grateful to you all.

420 Magazine Contributes:

"420 Grow Journal of the Year" title

420 Magazine T-Shirt

full

Bic 420 Magazine Lighter

full

420 Magazine Stickers

full

420 Magazine Magnet

full

Medium 420 Magazine Nug Jar

full

NextLight Contributes:

NextLight Mega LED Grow Light

full

Terpinator Contributes:

10 Liters Terpinator

GeoPot Contributes:

Five 10 Gallon GeoPots

New420Guy Seeds Contributes:

5-pack Jedi Glue

New420Guy T Shirt

full

plus New420Guy Calendar and Pen

Remo Nutrients Contributes:

1L Supercharged Kit

full

Mars Hydro Contributes:

Mars SP 250

2x4 Grow Tent

Perfect Sun Contributes:

Perfect Sun Max Yield

The Vault Seed Bank Contributes:

10 x Blue Gelato 41 Feminized

Sierra Natural Science Contributes:

1 gallon SNS 209 Systemic Pest Concentrate

Dope Seeds Contributes:

Zkittles x 5 seeds

Cannabis Irrigation Supply Contributes:

12 Outlet Manifold Kit

full

GROWant Contributes:

GROWant GR240

Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S.
We are not responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional information on prize shipping can be found here

With so many contests and even more winners, we unfortunately don't have the time and resources to offer organizing the 'gifting' of prizes anymore. Due to the nature of numerous, confusing logistics involved, delivery times get pushed back weeks waiting for everyone to reply with contact information, which causes delays in getting prizes to everyone. This causes a massive drain on our resources when everyone starts asking where their prizes are and why it's taking so long, some have even gone as far as to complain in public about us being lazy stoners, which couldn't be further from the truth. Mistakes in translations have also occurred, wasting valuable time, energy & shipping costs. Obviously you may pass prizes on yourself, and you are more than welcome to contact the sponsor yourself with a 'gifting' request.
All the 12 contenders for this prize, from each month of the year, were terrific. This was the single most difficult contest decision we the staff have made.

In the end, it was clear that Dutchman1990 had created an almost perfect grow journal. The hygiene factors are all there in spades - perfect first post for information, perfect final posts with strain reviews and a summary. Well written. Well laid out. Each update is clear with very good photos, all helpfully annotated. This is a journal crafted with as much care as he shows his plants.

It's a single, multi-plant tent grow, from start to finish. At 59 pages, the whole thing is tight, neat and complete.

Here is my summary from Dutchman1990's winning announcement in April 2019.

Having, as he himself writes, learnt much from his first journal on 420 Magazine, Dutchman1990 really hits his stride in "Dutchman's Auto Quads Vs LST With A Critical+2.0 Twist!". Growing in ProMix under HPS and MarsLEDs, Dutchman has created a fabulous document: annotated, clear, beautifully written and illustrated with perhaps the single best collection of grow photographs on the web.

With a little help from his friends, Dutchman uses quadline training to maximise yield. There are seeds. There are clones. There are plenty of nutrient details. There are videos peppered throughout, illustrating the beautiful results achieved under his Mars lights, (once he got them dialed in), as well as creating Cannabis Coffee Creamer and pressing dabs, (with a Dabpress - nice use of sponsor products throughout).

However Dutchman's journal wins this month's title not because of his use of sponsor soil, lights and a press, but because he has created a document that is beautifully put together, which has not only served him well, but will instruct and inspire any grower for the foreseeable future.

Thank you, Dutchman1990, for all you do for our community. We are truly grateful that you are here. :circle-of-love:

:Namaste:

I want to sincerely thank all of the 420 Magazine staff, family and sponsors for their continued support in running this amazing forum! Without all of you none of this would be here or be possible!

I was shocked, honoured, overwhelmed, and joyed to say the least with this beautiful opportunity! It truly means the world to me to be able to give back and help others grow their medicine! It has been such an incredible learning experience this past year and I’m still learning every day. It brings me great pride to grow alongside each and everyone of you and I look forward to a new year filled with prosperity and positivity!

I’ve got big plans and lots more to share with you all so I appreciate you joining me on my adventures!
:thanks:
-One Love:green_heart: -Stay Medicated :Rasta:

Congrats on the well-deserved win,Dutch !

Back
Top Bottom