420 Magazine's Member of the Month: December 2018

420 Magazine's Member of the Month: December 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I read this:

Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself ... is considered cheating and is prohibited. . Campaigning in any form ... will result in the member being removed from the month's contest.

Then I read this:

A huge thank you to whomever nominated me yet again for this prestigious award!
Many years ago I began in this hobby as a young woman determined to produce product for myself and my immediate family, and medicine for my Aunt who was suffering from a terrible case of MS. My first attempts to grow this weed were terrible and I knew I needed help, so I got brave and joined several online forums.
Although many newbies with dumb questions got ignored by the experienced guys, I managed to get the attention of some very talented growers, and I actually got them to talk to me, this dumb newbie with the dumb questions and the hard headed ideas as to how I thought this was supposed to all work. Female growers were even rarer back then and I was out to prove that I could do this thing, in a mostly male dominated hobby. Thanks to those guys [and a few gals] who took me under their wings early on, this stubborn girl learned how to properly water a weed, how to make natural fertilizers and supplements, and how to grow this weed using various soil and hydro methods. I also learned that I had a voice, and a knack for explaining things.
Only because some very talented old school growers took the time and had the patience to have long conversations with me about every aspect of this growing thing, I managed to start getting some decent harvests. Through the knowledge I gained I was able to get my Aunt on an RSO program that eventually got her off of the terrible drugs they had her on day and night, and we managed over time to put her MS totally into remission. My family and I are eternally grateful for the life that has been given back to Aunt Suzie, and due to that experience I made it my mission to give back to this community.
You will find me looking for newbies and will most often see me join threads that are brand new and are clearly cries for help with a damaged garden. Every week I answer scores of these messages, oftentimes spending hours with a new member to find out exactly what they are doing wrong and the misconceptions they have as to growing this weed. More often than not, I will write a dissertation on this new member's post, giving detailed explanations so that they can understand through my words and logic, why a certain thing needs to be done. After answering the same questions about watering over and over and over again, mainly out of frustration, I wrote what is now my signature piece, How to Properly Water a Potted Plant, and I am overjoyed to see that this one work has saved countless gardens from disaster all over the world in the years it has now been in existence.
I am on a mission to give back what was given to my family and myself by the cannabis community. I spend hours online everyday in this quest, sometimes patiently explaining and sometimes scolding, but always attempting to pay it forward.
Thank you again for the nomination and please know that it is appreciated more than you could possibly know. In the past, being in a formerly illegal state, I discouraged people from voting for me in this contest because I didn't want the fame or even the notice for what I was doing. Today, these fears no longer exist for me and I have been thinking how nice that butter machine would look in my kitchen.
Thank you for considering me as member of the month this month. I have just recently returned to activity here, having taken a year or so off to take the heat off of my grow operations and allow me to take a much more public role in helping get the vote out here in Missouri to pass our MMJ amendment. That work was a huge success and Missouri is now legal for MMJ, and I am finally free to make all the noise that I want to online without fear. As many of you have seen, I hit the ground running when I came back, and I already can see several gardens that I have helped since returning. I am making a difference, and I am proud to be able to say that I am helping others, especially those with medical needs. Those who have put my watering method in their signatures, thank you... you are also helping save gardens. Those who have made my DIY calmagphos or my dandelion nutrients, you get it, and thank you for your support and thank you so much for all that you have done for me. I consider you all much more than a cannabis community, you are family.
Be well everyone, and good luck to all the contestants in this month's competition.
---Emmie

Seems to me this person has unfortunately disqualified herself.

I read this:

Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself ... is considered cheating and is prohibited. . Campaigning in any form ... will result in the member being removed from the month's contest.

Then I read this:

Seems to me this person has unfortunately disqualified herself. Just saying .....
I thought you were able to acknowledge the nomination and thank the folks and all that just right here in this thread... I would never think of even mentioning this outside of here. I remember some time back the nominees made a big deal about describing marching bands with various trained animals leading a parade...
If I have unintentionally broken the rules please disqualify me and I will try very hard to be silent if ever nominated again.

I read this:

Then I read this:

Seems to me this person has unfortunately disqualified herself. Just saying .....

I thought you were able to acknowledge the nomination and thank the folks and all that just right here in this thread... I would never think of even mentioning this outside of here. I remember some time back the nominees made a big deal about describing marching bands with various trained animals leading a parade...
If I have unintentionally broken the rules please disqualify me and I will try very hard to be silent if ever nominated again.

Well, the mod's ultimately determine, but (from another nominee!) I don't consider that campaigning, at all. It's just a nice message introducing herself to members who may not know her. Campaigning, IMHO, would be asking for votes. Goodluck, Em! :goodluck:

I think some clarification will be helpful. Looking forward to what Teddy has to say.

If this is ok, other candidates may wish to post a few paragraphs highlighting their good work and accomplishments.

Bottom line though, isn't this all about what we have accomplished here on this forum for this community in the month of December? Truly, I was simply trying to introduce myself, especially since I have been absent for the last year, and if I really was trying to pat myself on the back so as to get people to vote for me, I could have told all about the efforts I made for legalization while I was gone, I could have gone into the work I do at the pharmaceutical company and so many other things... but that was not my intent, nor do I think that anyone should vote for me for those reasons. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

Emmie's correct in this case Oldbear. We can discuss the nominations for the contests, but those discussions are restricted to the threads supporting those contests, and nowhere else. I know this for a fact, since a casual discussion between myself and TheRedDragon on one of my threads led to his disqualification the month he was poised to win POTM. It was a hard lesson to learn and cost us a good member. It was his choice to wander away, but that situation smarted to be a part of.

Emmie's correct in this case Oldbear

:hmmmm: I think this one might be best left to the Mods to decide who is “right” Sue :battingeyelashes:
There are perhaps parts of Emmie’s post, on reading it, that push the edges of the contest guidelines. I’ve drawn the attention of the mods to the discussion (in case no-one else had yet) so hopefully it’ll get cleared up fairly soon.

I know they monitor these threads a bit, so there’s a chance it’s already been seen and assessed to be totally fine. In which case we’ll find out why.

Thanks for raising the question Bear @Oldbear It’s worth clarifying.

:Namaste:

Bottom line though, isn't this all about what we have accomplished here on this forum for this community in the month of December? Truly, I was simply trying to introduce myself, especially since I have been absent for the last year, and if I really was trying to pat myself on the back so as to get people to vote for me, I could have told all about the efforts I made for legalization while I was gone, I could have gone into the work I do at the pharmaceutical company and so many other things... but that was not my intent, nor do I think that anyone should vote for me for those reasons. Sorry if I have offended anyone.
How do I change my vote?

Discussions of nominations, (as well as plants, nugs or photos in contention), are restricted to the relevant contest thread, and not permitted elsewhere. No infraction has been committed here.

How do I change my vote?
Votes cannot be changed.

:Namaste:

I am using this forum mainly because I am living in regions that cannabis is not legal and don't have many growers, or serious smokers around me. I feel the need of just talking about cannabis, whether it is growing it or the culture of it or whatever. Our fellow cannabis passionates might feel the need of sharing their lives and experiences with us. I don't see anything wrong about that even if it is in this topic or another. Contests are just for fun and I don't really think winning a contest here would affect the winners daily life. I think even campagning should be legit because personally, I won't cast my vote on bunch of talk or some other campaigning methods. I cast my vote on the effort spent and what the candidate has achieved. I am sure at least %99 of this community has a fair understanding on voting. Smokers of cannabis should be aware that no political talks on contests can bring a candidate the prize. When I participate in a contest, I choose to vote for other people only if I like their work better than mine. There can be some thoughts about self voting being unethical or wrong but I think no one should do that just to look ethical or friendly. We are the jury here guys. Being a jury requires the sense of equalness. If someone wins by campaigning, I think its their loss. It doesn't matter when you tell people that you won a contest in this great forum but you can't justify your accomplishment yourself. All the people here are winners because they make this community a better place with their efforts.

Peace to all :passitleft:

I am using this forum mainly because I am living in regions that cannabis is not legal and don't have many growers, or serious smokers around me. I feel the need of just talking about cannabis, whether it is growing it or the culture of it or whatever. Our fellow cannabis passionates might feel the need of sharing their lives and experiences with us. I don't see anything wrong about that even if it is in this topic or another. Contests are just for fun and I don't really think winning a contest here would affect the winners daily life. I think even campagning should be legit because personally, I won't cast my vote on bunch of talk or some other campaigning methods. I cast my vote on the effort spent and what the candidate has achieved. I am sure at least %99 of this community has a fair understanding on voting. Smokers of cannabis should be aware that no political talks on contests can bring a candidate the prize. When I participate in a contest, I choose to vote for other people only if I like their work better than mine. There can be some thoughts about self voting being unethical or wrong but I think no one should do that just to look ethical or friendly. We are the jury here guys. Being a jury requires the sense of equalness. If someone wins by campaigning, I think its their loss. It doesn't matter when you tell people that you won a contest in this great forum but you can't justify your accomplishment yourself. All the people here are winners because they make this community a better place with their efforts.

Peace to all :passitleft:

As always, it helps to be an informed voter. Everyone on the list has contributed in a way that their peers found them acceptable nominees. Let's enjoy this celebration to the last voting day.

Thanks..... :passitleft:

As always, it helps to be an informed voter. Everyone on the list has contributed in a way that their peers found them acceptable nominees. Let's enjoy this celebration to the last voting day.

Thanks..... :passitleft:
:passitleft:hear hear, second that.
:hug:

Back
Top Bottom