420 Magazine's Member of the Month: December 2019

420 Magazine's Member of the Month: December 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teddy Edwards

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to the 420 Magazine Member of the Month Contest

420 Magazine would like to include not only our valued growers, but also more of our non-growing members in this contest. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest, but we feel that our Plant and Nug Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:
  • Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
420 Magazine Staff will select nominees, members determine the winner by poll. This does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to a Moderator via private message. When doing so, include detailed reasoning for your nomination. Please do not nominate or suggest nominations in the contest thread, or it will be deleted without notice.

The contest will be open from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST. At one minute past midnight on the 15th, we will begin voting for a winner.

The winner earns "Member of the Month" title, 420 Mag T-Shirt, Bic 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Mag Stickers, 420 Magazine Magnet, Medium 420 Magazine Nug Jar & Small 420 Magazine Nug Jar

MagicalButter Contributes:

Space Case Contributes:
Terpinator Contributes:
GeoPot Contributes:
Cannabis Irrigation Supply Contributes:
Foods Alive Contributes:
Vulx Contributes:

Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S.
We are not responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional information on prize shipping can be found here

With so many contests and even more winners, we unfortunately don't have the time and resources to offer organizing the 'gifting' of prizes anymore. Due to the nature of numerous, confusing logistics involved, delivery times get pushed back weeks waiting for everyone to reply with contact information, which causes delays in getting prizes to everyone. This causes a massive drain on our resources when everyone starts asking where their prizes are and why it's taking so long, some have even gone as far as to complain in public about us being lazy stoners, which couldn't be further from the truth. Mistakes in translations have also occurred, wasting valuable time, energy & shipping costs. Obviously you may pass prizes on yourself, and you are more than welcome to contact the sponsor yourself with a 'gifting' request.

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest, held in January.​

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be entitled to vote.

2. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rationale in the contest thread.

3. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the nomination in any thread outside the contest and campaigning via PMs - will result in the member being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests.

4. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

5. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community will not be nominated.

6. In accepting the Member of the Month title, prize(s), and the respect of the members, the winner agrees to wear his/her title with honor and to continue to set the example with his/her actions and posting behavior. To retain the Member of the Month title, the winner must remain compliant with contest rules and site guidelines.

Contests Are Legitimate: Now that votes are publicly visible, it should be obvious who is voting. We have endless ways of discovering cheating and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be called out in the public thread, visible to everyone. Reason being that in the past, when we removed the offending entry without any announcement (to help minimize embarrassment for the member), it often led to uninformed (or worse, misinformed) members questioning our motives and calling us censorship nazi's. More often than not, the cheater themselves would claim innocence, causing a higher workload for our staff. For these reasons, we now alert the community of what happened, to save all the confusion and massive workload on our team.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

:popcorn:

Hi @Teddy Edwards ...

I was looking at last year's threads, and I'm assuming you guys are doing the "2019 member of the year" in January 2020 right?

BTW ... Good luck everyone ... :)
Each monthly contest has an annual equivalent. Each eligible monthly winner from across 2019 will be automatically entered for the title (and big prize packages).

Annual contests will open on Jan 1st and close at midnight on the 31st.

Member, Plant and Nug of the Year will be voted for by you members. Photo and Grow Journal of the Year will be chosen by 420 Magazine staff.

:circle-of-love:

Each monthly contest has an annual equivalent. Each eligible monthly winner from across 2019 will be automatically entered for the title (and big prize packages).

Annual contests will open on Jan 1st and close at midnight on the 31st.

Member, Plant and Nug of the Year will be voted for by you members. Photo and Grow Journal of the Year will be chosen by 420 Magazine staff.

:circle-of-love:
So is the month of January designated to Member, plant, and nug of the year? Or do you guys hold member, plant, and nug of the month for January as well?

So is the month of January designated to Member, plant, and nug of the year? Or do you guys hold member, plant, and nug of the month for January as well?

All of the monthly contests start on Jan. 1st thru the end of the year and than the 12 winners in each catogory compete for the plant...nug...and member of the year during the month of January as well. Hope that helps!

Final call before the 15th when voting starts for your nominations.

Just drop me a PM with the name of your nominee and the reasons you think that they should be in with a shout for the title.

Thank you to those who have already done just that. :thanks:

Our Nominees

Here is the shortlist for December's Member of the Month award. All comments are edited from members' nominations.

Thank you to each of you for your contributions and good luck.

The poll is now open for voting.

Higherthehigh
"Please consider Higherthehigh for your Member of the Month. He runs good journals, helps on the questions and problems pages and I’ve seen him welcome new members too. An all-round good guy, who, when he asks questions or for help, takes and appreciates the advice – and pays it back with his support for others as well. A deserving nominee, I think."

Preston9mm
"I'd like to put forward Preston9mm for member of the month. He's currently got a very interactive journal where he welcomes all to join and share ideas and input. Since I joined here I think he's one of the most welcoming people I’ve seen. He's always positive and I see him helping out on other threads nearly every day. He is very active in the community, has interesting and informative threads helps newer growers and gives spot on advice."

Dkmg01
"I would like to nominate Dkmg01 for MOTM this month. He’s growing monsters, has no problem giving a helping hand, has a great heart and deserves some recognition. He learns quick, and has no problem asking questions to what he doesn’t know. His personality matches his growing abilities, in being an all round great guy: he’s bound for success!"

GHempster
"This guy really should be a Member of the Month. He’s really active, runs journals, helps out others in theirs, supports our sponsors (which I think is great), and is always helpful with good advice in the FAQs and welcomes newbies to the site. Great 420 Magazine attitude as well."

MrSauga
"I'd like to nominate MrSauga. He helped me save everything plantwise for my medical harvest. This was during one of the hardest trials of my personal life. Without his (and others) help, I would not have made it to my 1 year anniversary of not drinking alcohol. He deserves much credit for helping me more than he could possibly know."

Pennywise
"Pennywise is always helpful with great insight. Always answers promptly and importantly if he feels somebody else can give you a better answer, he will say that and not try to bs an answer just to appear all-knowing. He’s an iconic 420 Magazine member, and I can’t think of a more deserving person."

CraZysWeeD
"I would like to nominate CraZysWeed. He always has some kind of mad scientist build going on which i find endlessly fascinating. I love watching them come together and am always keeping my fingers crossed that they come to fruition. (Most do). He always has something positive to say in our members’ threads and is helpful with the more technical/math things that some (like me!) aren’t so good at."

:goodluck: :goodluck: :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom