• Vick074

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • OG1969

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420 Girl

Welcome to the 420 Member of the Month Contest thread

Please note that after much Cannadeliberation the staff has decided to make a few experimental improvements to our Member of the Month contest. Our intention is to include not only our valued growers, but more of our non-growing members in this one contest as well. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest but we feel that our Plant and Bud Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

• Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
Beginning this month, the staff will select the nominees and members will determine the winner by poll.

The contest will be open for staff submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. The staff is expected to include their reason for nominating the member. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month. Please bear with us, should the thread need to be locked during the nominating period.

*********​

Winners earn 100 rep points, "420 Member of the Month" title, Case of Rolling Papers, 12 Pack of King Size Cones and 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

MagicalButter contributes the following item to our winner.
Blue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Rules:

1. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rational in the contest thread.

2. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry. This rule does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to staff by PM. Please do not nominate or suggest nomination in the contest thread.

3. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

4. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

How to Become Member of the Month!

:thanks::popcorn::thanks:

not sure I like the new method for this

thats the one aspect i also dont like...
the experiment needs to run its course, but i have a suggestion.
maybe staff and members nominate and staff and members vote, but in order to account for the extra authority and background knowledge, staff votes should be much heavier. like if 420 himself votes it should be worth 10 votes or something.

i know this seems a little wonky, but it is a balance between the staff having the say on the matter they are worth AND members having the option to show respect and nominate.

its only a first draft idea, food for thought. if anyone has a good suggestion?
i agree that the staff should weigh heavily, but to lose complete freedom to nominate will be unpopular.

2. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry. This rule does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to staff by PM. Please do not nominate or suggest nomination in the contest thread.

i like trying new things but i feel the community should have a chance to nominate members also.

Beginning this month, the staff will select the nominees and members will determine the winner by poll.

Could you please make this bigger and bright red.
most of us tend to not even read post 1 any more we are too used to it being the same every month.

a browser slowdown is the only reason i managed to see it before i nominated someone. =)

Little more anticipation & excitement :popcorn:

It maybe a little more fair also because there's alot of members and growers we don't know of on here. Less popularity contest & more actual work ethics & involvement rated. IMO! :)

I have to agree Wiz -

As someone who has probably benefitted from the old system a bit, I have to say that I agree with your post. The growers make up a very active and sizable portion of the community, but there's a larger aspect to it, with many other non-growing members and ways that people contribute to making this site what it is. I think this is a great step toward making this contest a bit more inclusive of those other members and elements - which is always a good thing. People are still able to suggest a nominee to a staff member, so there's still a way to have some voice in that element as well.

Change is often difficult, but it's still important to try new things, too. Like anything, there may be a bump or two in the road along the way - but I'm sure those things will get ironed out quickly.

Done. :thanks:

most of us tend to not even read post 1 any more we are too used to it being the same every month.

a browser slowdown is the only reason i managed to see it before i nominated someone. =)

Good idea. That may be needed for a little bit until everyone is adjusted. :Namaste:

hey 420

i posted that nomination before i realised the rules had been changed. i nominated him as i feel he deserves nominating, not because he is my friend. feel free to delete my posts.

Hi Cultivator,

It's all good, my friend! There's going to be a bit of an adjustment period while everyone gets used to the new version of this contest. Send us a pm, let us know why you think someone deserves to be nominated. We're open to any and all suggestions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's correct, voting starts on the 15th just as it always has ;)

Thanks to all for supporting our experimental change to the nomination process. The staff is hoping to get some under recognized members introduced to the wider community. It's still up to the community to decide who wins, and its still all for good fun of it.

We are going to need some help from the staff if this is going to work.

Each nominee will need some kind of write up describing what they are all about. When the members nominated people, they usually told people why they nominated the person and why they would deserve it. I think the staff should be able to explain why the person was nominated. Because I won't vote for someone I know nothing about.

well said mutt:)
We are going to need some help from the staff if this is going to work.

Each nominee will need some kind of write up describing what they are all about. When the members nominated people, they usually told people why they nominated the person and why they would deserve it. I think the staff should be able to explain why the person was nominated. Because I won't vote for someone I know nothing about.

Back
Top Bottom