420 Magazine's Member of the Month: February 2018

420 Magazine's Member of the Month - February 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teddy Edwards

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to the 420 Magazine Member of the Month Contest

420 Magazine would like to include not only our valued growers, but also more of our non-growing members in this contest. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest, but we feel that our Plant and Nug Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:
  • Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
420 Magazine Staff will select nominees, members determine the winner by poll. This does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to a Moderator via private message. When doing so, include detailed reasoning for your nomination. Please do not nominate or suggest nominations in the contest thread, or it will be deleted without notice.

The contest will be open from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST. At one minute past midnight on the 15th, we will begin voting for a winner.

The winner earns 420 rep points, "Member of the Month" title, 420 Mag T-Shirt, Bic 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Mag Stickers, 420 Magazine Magnet, Medium 420 Magazine Nug Jar & Small 420 Magazine Nug Jar

MagicalButter Contributes:

420Packaging & Smoke Cones Contribute:
Space Case Contributes:
Crop King Seeds Contributes:
Terpinator Contributes:
GeoPot Contributes:
Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S.
We are not responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional information on prize shipping can be found
here

With so many contests and even more winners, we unfortunately don't have the time and resources to offer organizing the 'gifting' of prizes anymore. Due to the nature of numerous, confusing logistics involved, delivery times get pushed back weeks waiting for everyone to reply with contact information, which causes delays in getting prizes to everyone. This causes a massive drain on our resources when everyone starts asking where their prizes are and why it's taking so long, some have even gone as far as to complain in public about us being lazy stoners, which couldn't be further from the truth. Mistakes in translations have also occurred, wasting valuable time, energy & shipping costs. Obviously you may pass prizes on yourself, and you are more than welcome to contact the sponsor yourself with a 'gifting' request.

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be entitled to vote.

2. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rational in the contest thread.

3. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the nomination in any thread outside the contest and campaigning via PMs - will result in the member being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests.

4. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

5. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community will not be nominated.

6. In accepting the Member of the Month title, prize(s), and the respect of the members, the winner agrees to wear his/her title with honor and to continue to set the example with his/her actions and posting behavior. To retain the Member of the Month title, the winner must remain compliant with contest rules and site guidelines.

Contests Are Legitimate: Now that votes are publicly visible, it should be obvious who is voting. We have endless ways of discovering cheating and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be called out in the public thread, visible to everyone. Reason being that in the past, when we removed the offending entry without any announcement (to help minimize embarrassment for the member), it often led to uninformed (or worse, misinformed) members questioning our motives and calling us censorship nazi's. More often than not, the cheater themselves would claim innocence, causing a higher workload for our staff. For these reasons, we now alert the community of what happened, to save all the confusion and massive workload on our team.

:popcorn:

Your Nominations Please

Your nominations are requested for February's Member of the Month.

For newbies, here's the drill. Just PM me or any Mod with the member you feel has been most helpful, active, engaged, supportive, knowledgeable and generally most 420 Magazine-ish. Please include a paragraph with your reasons why. Only members with 50 or more posts may be nominated (or vote).

No nominations in this thread please.

I have already received a nomination for a staff member. Unbelievably, it wasn't for me. :rollingeyes: Very kind, however staff are not eligible for any contests.

:thanks:

:passitleft:

Member of the Month February Shortlist

Here is the nomination shortlist. The poll is now open for your vote.

If your nominee did not make the shortlist, please remember that the final list is chosen by the 420 Magazine Moderators.

Thank you to everyone who put forward a nominee. The descriptions below all come from your nominations.

And thank you to these members, whose unique contributions to 420 Magazine and to our Mission makes them worthy contenders.

@newty
"I would like to nominate Newty for the positive energy throughout the community. Newty took time to go above and beyond to help me maximize my harvest. I am always blessed when someone takes the time to help me step by step through guidance, saving me time, stress and uncertainty. If only we all could do such kindness. Thank you Newt personally and behalf of others you have helped here on 420."

@KingJoe83
"Of all worthy possibilities, Joe stands out for me. He's so friendly, helps out wherever he can, he's modest and willing to learn but also spreads the knowledge. I see him reaching out and helping all over the place. One of the good guys. Please consider him for your nominees."

@Lewydeville
"DeVille really deserves a shot at MOTM. He's a bit of a lighting expert, a supporter of Mars and a frequent poster, always with good advice and questions. He also is active helping in FAQs and definitely knows his stuff. Reading him is always worthwhile - one of the members that helps make 420 Magazine what it is!"

@Amy Gardner
"There's a member who is unfailingly positive, polite, helpful, reaching out to those with problems, both growing and technical, runs a great journal with loads of info and is a generally great person. That's Amy Gardner and she fulfils all your criteria for a MOTM nomination. She's just the tops. Please consider putting her up for the win."

@imtoasted
"I can't believe that Imtoasted hasn't won Member of the Month. This guy is busy in contests, full of support and advice, around in loads of journals and his contributions are always useful. On top of that he runs a great journal himself, where I've learnt loads. The time and effort he has invested deserves recognition."

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

Thank you so much for the nomination. It is such an honor. I honestly believe there are others who are more deserving for this title. The way I see it, I owe more to the 420 community than I can ever give. I have learned so much from so many people here. Thanks and respect!

Then the next question - Who to vote for this month? As always it is hard, but slightly easier as my name is on the list there is one less to consider :) The names this month, I have seen them all around, helping people, spreading positiveness, being good people. Some names stand out though. But who to vote for? There is 2-3 people I feel all deserve the prize. But I am only allowed to vote for one of them. Doesn't feel right. Hmmm. Amy - You seem to be a genuinly good person and your posts make me smile very often. Toasty - You're on the list every month and it's about time you actually get to win. You obviously deserve it. King, Norcali - Great people I see everywhere. They both deserve to win as well. Newty and Rider too. So what to do?

Think I have to go for Toasty this month. It's time for you to win one

Then the next question - Who to vote for this month? As always it is hard, but slightly easier as my name is on the list there is one less to consider :) The names this month, I have seen them all around, helping people, spreading positiveness, being good people. Some names stand out though. But who to vote for? There is 2-3 people I feel all deserve the prize. But I am only allowed to vote for one of them. Doesn't feel right. Hmmm. Amy - You seem to be a genuinly good person and your posts make me smile very often. Toasty - You're on the list every month and it's about time you actually get to win. You obviously deserve it. King, Norcali - Great people I see everywhere. They both deserve to win as well. Newty and Rider too. So what to do?

Think I have to go for Toasty this month. It's time for you to win one

Just go with your gut if it's that hard lol.

I completely understand toasted is awesome helping many . Amy is uplifting post so much effort into her post every time . You know the passion is real in her heart .

Newty an underdog

She is so lifting .

To be honest there are a lot more names that should be up there . Big good thing there is always next month . Unless they become a beep lol. Just playing ..

Thank you for whoever was thinking of me. Too kind .

Best of luck gang luv all yall greenthumbs ..

While I very much appreciate the nomination I must respectfully decline to participate in the MOTM contest. I have tendered my withdrawal to Teddy Edwards as it would contravene my religion to participate. Besides, I get more warning msgs for bad behavior on this forum then the next ten miscreants. And I don't use cannabis! What would I do with all of those cool gifts donated by our sponsors if, by some miracle, I were to win?

The consideration is very thoughtful if not just a bit misplaced.

Respectfully,
Rider

That's absolutely fine, Rider. Your nomination has been removed.

To those of you who had already voted for him, the system should have automatically returned your vote to you.

:Namaste:

Wow I'm absolutely stunned to be on this list with these amazing growers/mentors. I am so honoured to be considered, I really had no idea I helped anyone and almost tear'd up after reading this post. What a great start to the day for this girl! Thanks all and good luck to everyone ...

Back
Top Bottom