420 Magazine's Member of the Month: January 2018

420 Magazine's Member of the Month - January 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thankyou for tbe kind nomination. Its made my day even if i get no votes. Ive had a really rough few weeks and this has put the first smile on my face for a while. Thankyou, means alot.

You're not alone Cultivator! Wow! I don't feel worthy with this crowd, but it really means a great deal and I sincerely appreciate it.

Good luck to all of you!

:tokin:

WOW, top shelf talent this month. This list of thoroughbreds is what makes us stable. All horsing aside, I can see why each member was nominated and it's going to be agonizing choosing. Can't we just play soccer instead, so much easier...lol. I wish every nominee the pride, love and happiness this echelon has to offer. Thank you sponsors for karmic and product support of such a special opportunity to SHINE! :Namaste:

I see a bunch of absolutely great members to have in this months entry.
With that said I think we can all agree there's one member that deserves this title every single month and it's a good thing you can't win multiple times. I think we should all strive to be like our member of the year front runner. Agreed all?

We must give credit where credit is due. Always. For it makes us strive to be like the people we admire.
And this months nominations are absolutely spot on. For each of the individuals I follow I couldn't have hit the nail on the head better for any of them. And yes they are all deserving this month in my book. So was last months. Such honesty lately in the community and it shows through in the contests. Appreciate each and everyone of you. And you indeed are all winners in my book.

I can say that I am humbled to my core to be included in this list, with this quality of people. I can also say that I don't know how I even qualify to be in their company. More than one of them has helped me! All I try to do is show the love and peace that this community needs and so deserves, and makes it the number one site of its kind on the web. I want to thank whomever nominated me, and to wish the best of luck to everybody involved in this month's contest. May you all have the brightest of Futures in whatever you choose to do to contribute to 420 mag. All my best, and may God bless! :circle-of-love:

Sadly, Scientific has been removed from this month's contest.

It has come to our attention that he has been running a concerted campaign via Private Messages, soliciting votes.

This is explicitly against the contest rules, published in the first post in the thread every month. As it also says in that first post:

We have endless ways of discovering cheating and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be called out in the public thread, visible to everyone. Reason being that in the past, when we removed the offending entry without any announcement (to help minimize embarrassment for the member), it often led to uninformed (or worse, misinformed) members questioning our motives and calling us censorship nazi's. More often than not, the cheater themselves would claim innocence, causing a higher workload for our staff. For these reasons, we now alert the community of what happened, to save all the confusion and massive workload on our team.

It's frankly very disappointing when an infraction like this happens. Worse, it costs us, your 420 Magazine team, a 420 gallon bucket-full of time, energy, resources and therefore money. And all we are here for is to run a great website for your benefit.

The system will return votes to those who voted for Scientific, so you may reallocate them to a deserving nominee.

No discussion of this in the thread please. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Let's move on, everyone.

Your 420 Magazine Mods

:Namaste:

Here we were thinking after decades of contest cheat tweaking, we had fixed all of the loop holes. Making votes visible after the last drama fest, seems to have taken care of it for last few months, thankfully. However now it seems Scientific has found yet another, claiming that he did not read the guidelines because he did not enter the contest himself and was notified by a member via PM that he had been nominated.

From now on, Teddy will alert each Member of the Month nominee as soon as the polls open. Although Scientific will not be entered back into the race this month due to it being tainted by promotion, he will be granted a pass to enter in the future. We hope he hasn't been too rattled by this unfortunate situation and can see things like we do, open minded and understanding.

I myself have already wasted 5-6 hours on this specific issue in the last 2 days, Teddy and some of the rest of us have wasted even more. I can't tell you how many years have been shaved off my life dealing with contest cheaters and the revolutions they create against us, claiming innocence. Not saying anything specific about Scientific, however there have been hundreds in the past before this. We always investigate and discuss everything as a team, before making any decisions like this.

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

Thanks for all you do 420 magazine! .
What he said. You would think that people would try to approach these things honestly and With Honor. I'm not saying anything against anyone, but anything like this diminishes the community.

I hesitated to post in this thread lest it be considered electioneering, but since everyone else is, I'm going to chime in and say it is really an honor to be on this list with members I cross paths with almost every day and admire. And thanks to 420 for doing everything they can to maintain the integrity of the voting process.

It is a shame that by the end of the month, probably fewer than 60 members will have voted. There should be a PM reminder sent out by 420 staff to every inbox when a new contest is open to voting. That way new members and older members who are still unaware of the great contests can contribute their votes.

Thanks for the nom whoever you are!

It is a shame that by the end of the month, probably fewer than 60 members will have voted. There should be a PM reminder sent out by 420 staff to every inbox when a new contest is open to voting. That way new members and older members who are still unaware of the great contests can contribute their votes.

Those numbers will pick up as we unleash our new software sections of the website, things will start to get easier to find and more features will work like voting in polls from mobile. That is one thing that killed the contest voting when we created the mobile app. Give us some time. We got the home page, header, footer and background done, now we are focusing on the new forum and gallery software. Once those are fully migrated, things will begin to improve drastically. We also added the contests to the new condensed header text links, so it's much easier to find.

That's a great idea, however we're unable to send a pm to everyone when it's time to vote, because some would report it as spam and interrupt our ability to reach you at all.

One day at a time, we're working our assess off behind the scenes getting it done for you. :thumb:

I hesitated to post in this thread lest it be considered electioneering, but since everyone else is, I'm going to chime in and say it is really an honor to be on this list with members I cross paths with almost every day and admire. And thanks to 420 for doing everything they can to maintain the integrity of the voting process.

Thanks for the nom whoever you are!
I agree. We're talking about a bunch of "medicated individuals" here .

And shed, it says in the rules you can discuss nominations in this thread, so you're okay.

Edit: just saw the post above. Makes sense about spam.... But thanks again, we know there's a lot going on behind scenes and can't wait to see the full beast unleashed!!!

Cant wait till you guys get the new interface up and running.. it sounds really sweet! Thank you guys for all your hardwork and dedication to the 420 cause. Yall have made this place such an awesome platform for all of us growers to come together and have a place to learn and be together! Its seriously one of the best things i have ever been apart of and i am really grateful and honored to be here and share it with everyone. Thank you so much 420 mag and thanks to the peeps who keep nominating me.. it means more then ya know... good luck to yall!! ...

I cant understand why people so desperately want to win. I know there are prizes at stake but its hardly a trip to the caribbean. Dont get me wrong its great to have the contests but take it for what it is, a bit of fun. The world doesnt change once you win or lose a contest and if the prizes mean so much then you shoukd just buy them. Just my thoughts.

I cant understand why people so desperately want to win. I know there are prizes at stake but its hardly a trip to the caribbean. Dont get me wrong its great to have the contests but take it for what it is, a bit of fun. The world doesnt change once you win or lose a contest and if the prizes mean so much then you shoukd just buy them. Just my thoughts.

+1 .......Being on the list was/is an honor to me and that is all that matters, not that I can get on the list anymore anyway ;) :rofl: but yes the prizes would be cool but not worth compromising ones honor/ethics/integrity....but then maybe I'm the odd one (and you don't have to answer that as I already know I am :rofl::rofl: )

Back
Top Bottom