• DonPaul.p

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Norcaliwood

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • JamesTheGreen

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea Icemud! You certainly deserve it; all the best to you. You have contributed a lot of your very valuable experiences on here. I for one, appreciate all the time and effort that that takes. I always enjoy your posts...
And to everyone else, congratulations!!! It is an honor just to be nominated; kinda' like the Academy Awards! That's it, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Academy of Medical Marijuana Awards Committee has announced the nominations for the Member of the Month, July 2012. Please vote for your choice. Congratulations to everyone who votes!
Incidentally Icemud, IMHO, all the formula's from SNS are the bomb. I have actually borrowed from some of the listed ingredients that they use and incorporate this into my own. I use organic means of pesticide insurance in my environments. I have 8 geraniums growing around the perimeter of the pots in the flower room causing a sort of "fume" to overcome the footprint, sort of like CO2. After surviving a really bad Spider Mite infestation, I have several weapons in my arsenal and have become quite the expert in their eradication. I ought to be; took me 3 months of a learning curve with an abundance of experimentation... I have been blessed with not yet having mold or fungus among us.
NOTE TO PEOPLE: A short time ago, I posted that SNS sends out samples (you can get two) by simply going to their site. I forget exactly the navigation but it was simple. They even picked up the postage. Great way to test them out on a few plants. I think it was like 6 oz. of each.

you can get about 8 different samples, pretty much a sample of all their products, i have contacted them so ill see what happens, looks like a great way to try their products, would be good to get rid of those little flies a bit quicker, so hopefully their products will help with this, been having huge problem with these small tiny flies, not sure what they are, they seem to live in the soil and fly out when i water, letting the pot dry makes them go away but its not long before they are back, hoping their products can help with this

still do it, it looks like they have got a free sample of every product they do, the link is on their main page and look along the right hand side of the page and you find the small samples link, click on that and choose what free samples you want and fill your details in, they have the bug stuff and mold and fungus stuff but they also get some sort of feed for veg and for flower thats listed under the free samples, ive chose some of that and the bug stuff to see what its all about, so the free samples are still their, great tip, ive never heard anyone mention this before

you can get about 8 different samples, pretty much a sample of all their products, i have contacted them so ill see what happens, looks like a great way to try their products, would be good to get rid of those little flies a bit quicker, so hopefully their products will help with this, been having huge problem with these small tiny flies, not sure what they are, they seem to live in the soil and fly out when i water, letting the pot dry makes them go away but its not long before they are back, hoping their products can help with this

any luck with ladybirds(bugs)?
been looking into sybiotic gardening...seems mint and corriander scare away red spider mites ;)

Man, as a general rule, from what I've read, soil borne insects are bad. You gotta' do somethin' I would surmise pictures would be great way to identify them and find out if what you have is a threat. Also helps to get others to share. I do know that they can cause real damage, even death. A while back, I had an insect that was different looking. Did no damage but was simply an irritant. Stayed on 2 prized mothers for 3-4 months, all the while me taking clones from them. No signs of stunting, shock/stress or any other forms of signal from the plant. Everyone was happy! All of a sudden, they freakin' lay eggs and on top of the leaves. Totally block out the light overnight. I couldn't keep up. Sprays of all types had little effect; there was always 100's left on places. I finally did a dip in a 55 gal. drum. Was winter and lost one plant. Second survived but never came back. Died a month plus later. Moral of the story is I hope and prey that what you see is nothing more than an irritant. Best to you...

i had these bugs in my last grow then i managed to seal the top of my pots and just have the stem coming out the cover so this killed them off, plus letting the pots dry out totally got rid of them, but i have got them back in my seedling and cloning room, im not to sure what they are, they look like a small mosquito, they dont eat the plants at all, i think they lay eggs in the soil, but when i look in the top inch or 2 i see no signs of grubs or anything that looks like that, i just keep getting these fly out when i water or move the pot, they look exactly like mosquitos just smaller, have longish legs compared to body size, their only small flies, barely see them, im thinking maybe fungue gnat or something like that, i see none on my plants and nothing is been eaten and all the plants look totally ok so their not affecting the plants as of yet, the fly paper catches loads of them so i keep them in the grow room to catch some more,

their more annoying than destructive, my dog likes chasing them and eating them when he catches them, not sure i want to eat them myself, but what ever he fancies, he is welcome to them, but im thinking if their laying eggs in the soil then the grubs are eating the roots so this will affect the plants if it gets to bad, they tend to vanish when the pots are dry but come back after a couple of days once i water the plants,
i have thought about lady bugs but not sure my dog will leave them alone when they fly off the plants, plus if these grubs are under the soil will the lady bugs still get to them, they fly off when i water of knock the pot, i only see 1 or 2 of them flying around but the fly catcher paper catches plenty over a weeks so their must be more hiding when im around, so far i am not getting problems, i need to get these plants and seedlings finished then ill clean it all out and possibly change the soil, but saying that i could of bought them in when i walk the dog as its muddy and grassy where i walk the dog so i could of picked them up in my boots or clothes, its starting to get more and more of them, im trying to water all my plants at the same time so i can let the pots dry out but when i have different size pots it hard to get them all dry at the same time, im open to ideas.

worse case id have to seal the pots again with news paper and last time i did this they all vanished or died off for a few weeks, so i may have to do that, i made it a tight seal with news paper so all that was coming out the pot was the stem, the rest of the pot was saled up with newspaper taped around the whole pot,

hi don! just a FYI I got a free box from SNS upon request! and then a couple months later they sent me another one that i didn't even ask for and it had even more stuff! and I think thats the one that 420 requested for me. :) Man I love this site. people are great on here and SO is the staff! bit of bad luck for me this month with my purp :( But heads always up. Good luck everyone in this months contests!!!! Maybe one day ill win :smokin:

Wow, I definitely gonna have to check sns out for those free samples especially the one about the mold because I think one of my strains is known to have issues with mold. Thanks for letting me know about this Don.

Sorry GiGaBane, Not Trying to Make Anyones Eyes Bleed!!!:blushsmile: Sorry, I just get writing and Forget about Using Paragraphs, I'll See What I Can Do.:high-five: Thank You donpaul.p, For All Your Kind Words, and For Praising My Idea to All. And Thank You for the Nomination Deege, I think it is Premature, But Thank You Nonetheless For Holding Me In Such Esteem, as to Honor Me In This Way. I Would Say Icemud or DonPaul.p are WAY MORE DESERVING THAN ME. But THANK YOU, it is certainly a Confidence Builder. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Great suggestion about the free SNS samples!!! I am going to have to check it out as well!!! Thank you to everyone who voted for me this month!! I very much appreciate the recognition!!! I love 420 Mag!

any luck with ladybirds(bugs)?
been looking into sybiotic gardening...seems mint and corriander scare away red spider mites ;)

Yep! And also Geranium, Carnation, Peppermint, and a whole lot more I cannot remember right now. That's why I have 8 Geraniums growing around the perimeter of my flower area.

Ordered my SNS package today!!! Very awesome recommendation!! I actually went nuts on free offers this morning and found other nutrient companies giving free things away, got 4 different cologne's free and a bunch of other stuff...lol... awesome suggestion!!

lol your welcome...think it must have something to do with your military training, thick skinned and ready to accept critisism for what its meant no matter how it comes out of the mouth, and i believe them there drill seargents you have are not exactly dainty in their speech =D

where as most of the people that know me personally always seem to think im having a go....one of the funniest ones is my missus, quite often i get 'dont look at me like that' when we having an unpleasant chat...and im thinking this isnt a look this is just my face, youll know when its a 'look', lol

Back
Top Bottom