420 Magazine's Member of the Month: June 2020

420 Magazine's Member of the Month: June 2020

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teddy Edwards

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to the 420 Magazine Member of the Month Contest

420 Magazine would like to include not only our valued growers, but also more of our non-growing members in this contest. We are by no means excluding growers from the Member of the Month Contest, but we feel that our Plant and Nug Contests are already serving these members pretty well. Please help and support us in this effort.

Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:
  • Greeting new members
  • Helping people with questions
  • Peacemakers
  • Activism efforts
  • Promoting our sponsors
  • Activity and content generation
  • Reporting violations
420 Magazine Staff will select nominees, members determine the winner by poll. This does not prohibit members from suggesting nominations to a Moderator via private message. When doing so, include detailed reasoning for your nomination. Please do not nominate or suggest nominations in the contest thread, or it will be deleted without notice.

The contest will be open from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST. At one minute past midnight on the 15th, we will begin voting for a winner.

The winner earns "Member of the Month" title, Bic 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Mag Stickers, & 420 Magazine Magnet

MagicalButter Contributes:

Terpinator Contributes:
GeoPot Contributes:
Cannabis Irrigation Supply Contributes:
Foods Alive Contributes:
Sierra Natural Science Contributes:
Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S.
We are not responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional information on prize shipping can be found here

With so many contests and even more winners, we unfortunately don't have the time and resources to offer organizing the 'gifting' of prizes anymore. Due to the nature of numerous, confusing logistics involved, delivery times get pushed back weeks waiting for everyone to reply with contact information, which causes delays in getting prizes to everyone. This causes a massive drain on our resources when everyone starts asking where their prizes are and why it's taking so long, some have even gone as far as to complain in public about us being lazy stoners, which couldn't be further from the truth. Mistakes in translations have also occurred, wasting valuable time, energy & shipping costs. Obviously you may pass prizes on yourself, and you are more than welcome to contact the sponsor yourself with a 'gifting' request.​

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Member of the Year" contest, held in January.

Contest Guidelines:

1. Members must have at least 50 posts to be entitled to vote.

2. 420 Magazine staff members submit nominees and rationale in the contest thread.

3. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the nomination in any thread outside the contest and campaigning via PMs - will result in the member being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests.

4. Past winners are ineligible for 6 months from date of win.

5. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community will not be nominated.

6. In accepting the Member of the Month title, prize(s), and the respect of the members, the winner agrees to wear his/her title with honor and to continue to set the example with his/her actions and posting behavior. To retain the Member of the Month title, the winner must remain compliant with contest rules and site guidelines.

Contests Are Legitimate: Now that votes are publicly visible, it should be obvious who is voting. We have endless ways of discovering cheating and are always successful. If you are caught cheating, your entry will be deleted and you'll be called out in the public thread, visible to everyone. Reason being that in the past, when we removed the offending entry without any announcement (to help minimize embarrassment for the member), it often led to uninformed (or worse, misinformed) members questioning our motives and calling us censorship nazi's. More often than not, the cheater themselves would claim innocence, causing a higher workload for our staff. For these reasons, we now alert the community of what happened, to save all the confusion and massive workload on our team.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Just a couple of days to get your nominations in. Just drop me a PM with a name and a your reasons why, and we will consider the member for our shortlist which will be posted on the 15th. No nominations in this thread please.

:thanks:

:nomo:

The runners and riders for your 420 Magazine June Member of the Month. The poll is open for voting.

Thank you all for your nominations. Good to see some new names cropping up. (If your nominee isn't in the list, do remember that 420 Staff vet all nominees; also that past winners are excluded from the contest for 6 months, to give everyone a chance).

So good luck to the following; we are truly grateful for all your contributions. All comments are edited from member nominations.

MochaBud
“I see him sharing his extensive growing knowledge all over the place. His positive vibe is awesome to see in action many times a day, week after week, calming newcomer nerves with answers to seemingly impossible questions.” “He's genuinely helpful to just about every new member and welcoming. His vast knowledge for cultivation shows in how he helps people improve their grows or overcome obstacles.”

“013 was not only the first person to welcome me, but also to help me. 013 continues to be interested in my grow (I don’t know why given I have zero idea on what I’m doing) and always gives me encouragement and help.” “He’s a relatively new member, but he’s made an impression on me with his work in the FAQs and the problems threads. He may not be well known enough to win, but he sure will be a future candidate.”

Jackalope
“Not only is Jakalope an established member, he’s also an interesting one. He not only runs a huge, detailed, perpetual journal, he also posts interesting information about strains and his posts in the Growers Lounge are always worth reading. He seems like a solid guy with a good attitude.”

Momma’s Kitchen
“Her “Kitchen Serving” journals are numerous and great – full of good info and good photos. She is sensitive (in a good way), sympathetic and supportive. She is really active and prolific, spreading love and good vibes. MK for MOTM!”

Buds Buddy
“He’s there welcoming new members, he’s busy helping those with problems, he shares and spreads knowledge and information, he supports sponsors, he’s active in the contests, er…what more do you want?!”

Magnus8
“After a bit of a break, Magnus is back, and I’m happy to see him. He runs journals – indoor currently, but he grows trees outside – and loves his dogs. OK, they aren’t the main MOTM criteria. He’s a good man, with real 420 positive attitude. He’s also in FAQs, welcomes and advises new members and has a really good Canna Cream Study Hall. He knows, and shares his knowledge, about topicals. If you haven’t met Magnus, check him out. One of the good guys.”

I dont know who submitted my name, but thank you to them and the administration for the nomination. Whoever it was wrote very kind things about me and that means more to me than even a win would do. Thank you for such kind words.

Good luck to everyone!

:yahoo::thanks::yahoo:

All my best,
~Magnus

Shit!...ooppps...I mean wow :rofl:
...I did not know I had been nominated again, thank you to whomever thinks I'm worthy :passitleft:
I do try to help out, because I had to learn by trial and error. But, I'm not the only one who helps out, there are many people who have been here awhile longer than me, who have helped me out, and are more deserving. And, it is a community, so I try to do my part.

Yes, it would be nice to have a "tag" like that under my name, I'm not going to lie. But, the "tags" I already have are the best...."Dad"..."Husband"..."Brother" and my favorite "Grampa" :headbanger:

Peace everyone, and good luck :high-five:

I wish the best of luck to all the nominees! And now I have a few new members to look up! :Rasta:

Lookin Good Mocha & Very Well Deserved !!!
Thanks Buds :passitleft: Didn't want to answer prematurely :popcorn:

And to all the others who voted for me :adore: thank you :hug: ...I promise not to change :rofl: to remain my sarcastic self :goof: and to continue to soak up as much knowledge as I can , so that I may help others :thanks::thanks::thanks::adore::adore::adore::snowboating:

The poll is now officially closed and MochaBud is officially our MOTM for June. Thank you and congratulations, MB. We are grateful to you, and all our nominees, for all your work and content.

Back
Top Bottom