420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: August 2011

Vote for Nug of the Month - August 2011

• GodsTrichome (Auto AK47 x Auto NYC Diesel)

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • astonr420 (Blackberry Kush)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • HomeMedGrower (Rainbow)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Les Doodess (CannaColada)

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • shaggie-420 (Purple Haze)

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Van Diesel (Sour Diesel)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Fratdogg223 (White Widow)

• Mr Smith (IceQueen)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • stevehman (Gigabud)

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • grizzly3327 (grizzly special – Kush)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Jozo-sha (Pakistan Ryder auto)

• Icemud (Blue Dragon)

• ConqueringLOJ (L.A. Cheese)

• Aberration (Matanuskan Thunderfu@k)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • GMT1975A (Blue Widow)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • JJ Bones (Grand Daddy Purple)

• N.W.Green (Strawberry Kush)

• Janja (G-13)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Dmo137 (Organic grandaddy purp)

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Nug-Month_new.jpg

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Each winner will receive 100 rep points and the title "Nug of the Month Winner".

Blue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.
HBI International has sweetened the pot by putting up a case of their RAW Rolling Papers

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print editions.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Self promotion (i.e. campaigning) that is deemed excessive (at the sole discretion of our moderation staff) may disqualify the entry.

Consolidated Entries for August 2011

GodsTrichome (Auto AK47 x Auto NYC Diesel)
GTsAutoAK47xNYCD2.jpg

astonr420 (Blackberry Kush)
SAM_1708.JPG
Capture1.PNG

HomeMedGrower (Rainbow)
013294.JPG

016218.JPG

Les Doodess (CannaColada)
IMGP02891.JPG

IMGP02881.JPG

shaggie-420 (Purple Haze)
Nug_of_the_month_Pic.JPG
nug_month_pic2.JPG

Van Diesel (Sour Diesel)
7_27_11_024.jpg

Fratdogg223 (White Widow)
Nug112.jpg

Nug121.jpg

Mr Smith (IceQueen)
DSC00017_edited-1.jpg
DSC00003_edited-12.jpg

stevehman (Gigabud)
DSCN02594.JPG
DSCN02622.JPG

grizzly3327 (grizzly special – Kush)
rsz_dscn2431.jpg
rsz_dscn2426.jpg

Jozo-sha (Pakistan Ryder auto)
Pakistan_Ryder_-_Day_90_-_Harvest_08.jpeg

Icemud (Blue Dragon)
DSC024761.JPG
DSC02478.JPG

ConqueringLOJ (L.A. Cheese)
IMG_62481.JPG

IMG_6260.JPG

Aberration (Matanuskan Thunderfu@k)
20110811Aber-03.png

20110811Aber-05.png

GMT1975A (Blue Widow)
Blue_Widow-2.jpg

Blue_Widow-1.jpg

JJ Bones (Grand Daddy Purple)
2011-08-11_13_.JPG

N.W.Green (Strawberry Kush)
CIMG4109.JPG

CIMG4120.JPG

Janja (G-13)
RSCN1406-1.jpg

DSCN14051.JPG

Dmo137 (Organic grandaddy purp)
25a4z1h.jpg

Willie Wonka grows weed too? I think he's magic. But for real what is that piece of heaven called?

Woohoo!!! First ENTRY!!!

Here we go:
GTsAutoAK47xNYCD2.jpg

Dude, you cant just jump in the ring with Ali, cus you think you can box!!! LOL dude that is B-E-A-UTYFUL!!! and I love the light shining down on it!!! thats not Gods Gift, but it sure looks like you got a gift from god there alright!!!

:peacetwo:

So, GT just made it hard to come after!!! but you better believe that Imma be all up in here also!!! This is some Blackberry Kush!!! I had to try out what I will be growing and OMG it is so stoney!!! a total couch lock!!! great sleep time meds!!! Blackberry Kush is a Indica Dominant 80/20, Mom is Afgani Kush, and Dad is DJ Shorts Blueberry!!!

SAM_1708.JPG
Capture1.PNG

:goodluck: everybody!!! Let's get to 25 entries!!! spread the word!!! Aug 2011 Contests are under way!!!

:peacetwo:

OK, what the heck.

I am 90% sure this is the same nug of CannaColada (Dr. Greenthumb's C99 Pineapple x Soma's SoMango Male). This is a fantastic hybrid that smells super citrusy as early as the 3rd week of flowering.

The nugs come out super dense with that awesome citrus smell and taste. Even cut fairly early (10% Amber) this is super stoney and leaves even the highest tolerance smokers (myself) with squinty eyes and a Cheshire grin.

She seems to split into 3's almost without topping... 3x cannon nugs WOO HOO :)

My Entry:
IMGP02891.JPG

IMGP02881.JPG

Wow guys so far so goooood! Ahhh diesels my fav its gonna be hard to beat you gods!

ALL RIGHT HERE WE GO!

heres my Purple Haze after 5 days drying before being put in to jars for a good cure!
Enjoy and good luck to all entries!

Nug_of_the_month_Pic.JPG
nug_month_pic2.JPG

:peace:

Great stuff already!! Good job to all!! :bravo:

Been a little while since I entered, but here is my best nug from my last harvest. This one really blew the doors of my mind wide open and gave me a whole new perspective of length/girth/weight (density) ratio that is possible!

Sour Diesel
8 weeks
indoor/soil-less
FF nutes/SuperThrive/BushMaster

7_27_11_024.jpg

Taste is wonderful, and the high very cerebral and soaring.

Well, I know the competition is going to be brutal, so here goes nothing...my very first 420 Magazine contest entry, and to top it off it’s from my very first grow!:)

This is a Nirvana White Widow that was chopped at the end of June after flowering for a full ten weeks. It has been curing since, and the smoke is wonderfully smooth. Two or three hits will have you doing a whole lot of nothing for the next two or three hours.:allgood:

My entry is a portion of one of the plant’s four main colas. It’s a portion because I had to cut it in half so I could fit it into the jar for curing. As you can see from the scale, it weighed in at nine grams.

Nug112.jpg

Nug121.jpg

I’m sure I don’t have to tell you, that as a new grower I’m extremely proud of how well things turned out. I owe a debt of gratitude to all of the 420 Magazine members who made this site such an invaluable resource for anyone who grows our beloved plant! :thanks:

Haha! Shaggie-420 shows us all how to make presentation with style! :circle-of-love:

All the submissions so far are beautiful! I would love to smoke all of them! :)
It will be many months before I can submit. Until then I will just have to vote! Cannot wait to see more contestants!

I love how friendly our contests are btw :). It's like we're all this big happy/stoned family.

I don't know how to do the flashy lettering but I do grow some nice nugs. I am pretty sure I never entered these pics in the BOTM. This is IceQueen from NoMercy. Super hairy, super frosty, killer high, soft smoke with no cough and extremely smooth and pleasant taste. It was a favorate of mine that I grew on 4 different occasions. The seed was given to me by SpeeCees(30icequeen seed) and I am forever greatful because it was awesome when I had her in my gardens.

DSC00017_edited-1.jpg

The icequeen cone weighs over 2.5grams. The nugs are dense.
DSC00003_edited-12.jpg

Those look awesome Mr Smith! I think they might be the hairiest nugs I've ever seen!:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom