420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: August 2019

420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: August 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only pic I have at the moment.
7C1746BA-AA40-48C5-BCC5-9CAA3D37ABE7.jpeg

Those gloves are awesome ... you've got my vote!!! :)

That was a nice outdoor grow you had going ... those colas will stack!

Awww man. I got so many likes on my photos yet nobody voted for me at all in the poll. Sad sad day. I just wanna be liked lol

I normally use the 'like' in threads to indicate to the poster that I've read the post. The poster can click on the likes to see who has seen and reacted to their post. I find this is appreciated by newcomers.

For nug, and plant of the month I'll choose a few, and put them all on my screen so I can compare them. Then I'll choose the one I think is the best. Lately the final determining factor has been the quality of the photograph, as it has really improved.

To make the initial cut for me, the photo must show the entire nug (or plant), and not have too many distractions. I usually toss any photos that are more than a few months old. I also like to see something in the photo that gives me a sense of scale.

This is the way I make my decisions. Everyone has their own criteria for choosing. Sometimes I pick a winner, sometimes not. I'm not the type to jump on the bandwagon, or cast a sympathy vote.

If someone really wants this, they need to work at it. First you need a good subject. Next, take a look at the winners for the past few months and find out what folks are looking for. Then carefully photograph the subject in a loosely similar fashion. That should get more votes. I suggest using the vote count as a measure of both the skill as a grower, and photographer. Using that as feedback, eventually they'll win.

Awww man. I got so many likes on my photos yet nobody voted for me at all in the poll. Sad sad day. I just wanna be liked lol

Yeah I always go into the contest feeling good, because of the likes on the photo before the contest. I like every photo I see before the contest just to show my appreciation of their photo, also to show them I saw it, and enjoyed it. then just like you after a few days, I see votes climb on other’s pictures. It’s a bit depressing. You get thoughts going through your head and you end up beating your self up. I get it, I do it.

These contests are hard. I feel people get “friendly” votes (votes from people they have friended) and other, like @Old Salt said he had a method of choosing. Old salt explained how he chooses his choice really well. That’s what I did last month. Looked beyond my photo Picked a few I liked and chose from there.

Keep your head up man! I understand the “I just want to be liked” we live in a world where you want to be accepted everywhere, and have no body feel left out. I get it man. I feel your pain. Keep your head up.:passitleft:

Yeah I always go into the contest feeling good, because of the likes on the photo before the contest. I like every photo I see before the contest just to show my appreciation of their photo, also to show them I saw it, and enjoyed it. then just like you after a few days, I see votes climb on other’s pictures. It’s a bit depressing. You get thoughts going through your head and you end up beating your self up. I get it, I do it.

These contests are hard. I feel people get “friendly” votes (votes from people they have friended) and other, like @Old Salt said he had a method of choosing. Old salt explained how he chooses his choice really well. That’s what I did last month. Looked beyond my photo Picked a few I liked and chose from there.

Keep your head up man! I understand the “I just want to be liked” we live in a world where you want to be accepted everywhere, and have no body feel left out. I get it man. I feel your pain. Keep your head up.:passitleft:

I appreciate the insight ;)
Seriously not looking for a sympathetic vote lol
Just thought my photos was unique and offered some "eye appeal"

Thank you for your reply :)

I normally use the 'like' in threads to indicate to the poster that I've read the post. The poster can click on the likes to see who has seen and reacted to their post. I find this is appreciated by newcomers.

For nug, and plant of the month I'll choose a few, and put them all on my screen so I can compare them. Then I'll choose the one I think is the best. Lately the final determining factor has been the quality of the photograph, as it has really improved.

To make the initial cut for me, the photo must show the entire nug (or plant), and not have too many distractions. I usually toss any photos that are more than a few months old. I also like to see something in the photo that gives me a sense of scale.

This is the way I make my decisions. Everyone has their own criteria for choosing. Sometimes I pick a winner, sometimes not. I'm not the type to jump on the bandwagon, or cast a sympathy vote.

If someone really wants this, they need to work at it. First you need a good subject. Next, take a look at the winners for the past few months and find out what folks are looking for. Then carefully photograph the subject in a loosely similar fashion. That should get more votes. I suggest using the vote count as a measure of both the skill as a grower, and photographer. Using that as feedback, eventually they'll win.

They do. The problem is the very stiff competition. :goodluck:

Yes very stiff competition! Gotta remember, about 24 entries and only 1 can win :) As soon as I saw all the entries after my own, knew I was in trouble!! Lol Beauty's

I voted pretty quick without enough thought this month, and will not do again. My vote was won by "if I had to smoke one of these right now, what would I pick?".. But think I will go more around Oldsalt's criteria from now on. Full nug, the picture quality, nug quality, presentation etc. Good luck in the future contests! And this one :)

Back
Top Bottom