• Odin

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Nug-Month_new.jpg

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

Once all nominations are in, we will begin voting for a winner. The contest will be open through the last day of the month.

Each winner will receive 50 rep points and the title "Nug of the Month Winner". Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print edition.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

Blayzed
0610102332a.jpg

0613102340a.jpg

NCal-cyclist
Blueberry2_2.jpg

Blueberry2_4.jpg

WarBux79
003454.JPG

007343.JPG

scaredeecat
8-13-2010_015.JPG

8-13-2010_008.JPG

ConqueringLOJ
CanonRebel_230.PNG

jungleekidd
FuckingIncredible_009.jpg

FuckingIncredible_007.jpg

Papa Green
uh_bom_on_scale.jpg

uh_bom_macro2.jpg

Pres
Nug15.jpg

Nug_21.jpg

Kronnoisseur
ww224.JPG

ww129.JPG

Herb Zen
107_0008-g13.jpg

107_0005-g13.jpg

Bandit420
000_05471.JPG

000_05481.JPG

Odin
DSC03991nugs_crop.jpg

DSC03996nug1_crop_crop.jpg

Nug of the Month Contest - August 2010 Entry by Blazed

WooHoo Nug of the Month!!!! :yahoo:

Okay fellow Blazers, here are 2 Pics of my Last Harvest!! (Amnesia Haze, Crop 1)
This was my First Grow, and I actually ended up pretty happy, Harvesting about 2 Oz's from a jacked up, abandoned, stunted clone (grown with CFL's), so I saved her from a friend and these are some of the result. The Nugs were soooo Crystally and EXPLODING with Resin, but the only camera I had was a 1.1 megapixel one from my Super Old razor cell phone lol, so please trust me, these pics do not give complete justice to these Buds!!

The first Pic is one of the Main Colas (It had 4 main colas because I topped it), super dense, super crystally

The Second is a Little nug that I broke off the top of the Cola

0610102332a.jpg

0613102340a.jpg

- Blayzed :ganjamon:

Here we go again....this time I'll submit a little "Blueberry" MMJ that I purchased from a friend/grower. Very tasty, with a strong staged/hybrid buzz....starts with a nice head buzz followed by a little body relaxation. Almost looks like it was rolled in sugar there are so many crystals.

Blueberry2_2.jpg

Blueberry2_4.jpg

:peace:

this plant had a hard life, got light dropped on it just before flower and broke half the plant top off.
it is moby dick #2 and weight in at 3.6 grams
the high at 7 day dry is relaxing
the smell is very fruity
it is cureing now

8-13-2010_015.JPG

8-13-2010_008.JPG

Hey all,

Here's a little bud of Lavender from my last grow. Purple hues, lots of frosting, and tastes like sugary berries. My best grow so far!! Enjoy :)

CanonRebel_230.PNG

After entering a few times I thing I know what the judges what. Havent seen this strain on here before and got some good feedback when I posted a review on it. Pure indica completely dripping in purple wrapped in cloudy trichs. Sounds bomb so far right??:grinjoint: Then with that said I present to you my entry into the contest. I bring you F'in Incredible!

FuckingIncredible_009.jpg

FuckingIncredible_007.jpg

Utopia Haze NOM - August 2010

Hi all-

Here's a jewel.

Barney's Farm - Utopia Haze
Cannabis Cup & Sativa Cup Winner 2008

Our friends in Brazil have been raving at us about a special strain of sativa cannabis - indigenous to Brazil. After much cajoling and hunting, we got our hands on seeds.
Thus began a 3 year selection process. Infusing no other genetics, back-crossing selected plants with strong genetics in the same line to get the desired phenotypes stabilized. We were looking for something original, with power, volume and unique taste and flavor. Finally just two phenotypes were chosen to work with. Hardy high yielding plants, - mould and disease resistant, and most important the power, taste and flavor are indeed unique. The high has indeed a sense of utopia, long lasting cerebral and heavenly.
There's an HT article that also describes how they selected from over 3500 plants for the Mom.

Type: Sativa dominant
Genetics: Afghani. North Indian. Mexican
Yield: Optimum indoor 550 gr/m2
Height: 80-90 cm (indoor)
Flowering time: 70 to 80 days (indoor)
Harvest time: Mid October (outdoor)
THC 22 %
CBD 0.6 %

400w mh veg
600w hps flower
Seeds planted on Jan 1, 2010
Harvested on July 20, 2010

The high is "soaring" and long lasting. Solidly one of the best strains I've ever smoked.

uh_bom_on_scale.jpg

uh_bom_macro2.jpg

Thanks!

:peacetwo:

I always wanted to enter something in here. The only thing I have left, that is cured at the moment are these perfectly sized nugs. These are from my very first grow done with cfl's.

It was bag seed but was more of an Indica dominant strain and flowered for around 68 days give or take. A very smooth smoke and after curing in the fridge they developed a slight earthy smell mixed with a coffee and spice scent. Then wrap all that up with the beloved mj smell. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Not huge but she is solid bud all the way through.

Nug15.jpg

Nug_21.jpg

Alright, I havn't had a heavy harvest yet but have had some potent smoke! My August 2010 Nug of the Month entry! What I got here is White Widow that was harvested at 60 days if I remember right. The lighting was 4 54w T-5 Fluorescent tubes for a SOG. The bud is a wonderfully balanced high that gives the best of both worlds and is so frosty! Really enjoyable, not enough to go to sleep, justttt right. 1 hit, you exhale, and feel it come on from the mind on down... The taste is clean and has a fresh yet spicy smell! ENJOY!

ww224.JPG

ww129.JPG

zhummingsig.jpg

I had a nice cola I was gonna enter,, but it is still wet,, just chopped her down last night. I thought we could do wet buds too? :hmmmm: I guess not.. oh well,,

Here is a G13, not the best pics, but very good smoke :hookah:

107_0008-g13.jpg

107_0005-g13.jpg

Well I will try my shot at NOTM again this month. This is a Diesel Goo I grew last year outdoors in N. CA.

The plant yielded a very healthy harvest, better than any of my other plants. Very dense nugs. Smelled a lot like goo with subtle diesel attributes. Smoked fantastically. Very sweet and tasty, and a great head high and body high. Found these nugs in a jar I lost for several months after smoking it all at harvest last year. None left now unfortunately, was hard not to smoke it. Tried to save it for a while anyway. :tokin:

DSC03991nugs_crop.jpg

DSC03996nug1_crop_crop.jpg

:goodluck: to all the tasty looking entries!!

i have a love hate wit this contest becuse is so hard to choose all great bud shots agian this month even tho i didnt gro any of them its like who you love more your father or mother great job people keep them coming make it harder for me to vote

WOW! Everyone has tasty looking entries this month! Sure would be fun to sample them all :)

When does the voting start??

Back
Top Bottom