• Heavyherb

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Irish

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • lavendar

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When and where do we vote ? Will it be announced that voting will start etc.? Thanks looks like there will be a lot of fine entries!! :yummy:

Here is my nug entry this month. My latest harvest of my unreleased sweet cheese haze. When grown 100% organically she is will sit even the biggest smoker down after 2 hits, sometimes only 1.
P6180003.JPG

and here is the close up of her. The amount of trichomes is amazing. i love it.
P61800031.JPG

Peace and Jah Bless everyone and their beautiful buds. :Rasta:

great lookin buds everyone, i noticed a couple of our pros havent posted their nugs yet, must be waitin on that last minute surprise entry ... :smokin:

I'm a CFL grower, and I just love it when I see buds like those grown with CFLs. I do indeed get coke can sized colas with my CFLs.

Thanks Roseman, yea unfortunately do to space/ money constraints, CFLs are my avenue... my microgrow (3 sq ft)
2 68w 2700k @ 4500 lumen, 1 45w 5600k @ 3000 lumen and 3 26w 2700k @ 1900 lumen = Approx. 17700 lumen in 3 sq ft... its pretty bright!

Heres my entry for Jan nug of the month, this is from Heavyherbs first grow, this is Sour Diesel and its really strong medicine but mellow and long lasting.....this was grown under t-5 panels.
DSC06761crop.JPG

DSC06695crop.JPG

Nug-Month_new.jpg

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

Once all nominations are in, we will begin voting for a winner. The contest will be open through the last day of the month.

Each first place winner will receive 50 extra rep points and the title "Nug of the Month Winner". Second and third place winners receive 25 and 10 points respectively. Monthly first place winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print edition.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form. 6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.
:thanks:

I though the bud has to be ready to smoke but I see half of the buds are freshly trimed and not ready to smoke.

My entry is cured and very dry.....ezmoney can testify to that cause he was with me when the pics were taken...I agree with Andy "To my eyes, all entries are eligible except for gunjababy's"...

As OGD posted rules are rules. Matter of fact I had to adjust last months POM entry to make sure I fallowed guidlines last month. Thats even why I had to wait til this month just to enter The RBK Cola. I'm sure GAnjas entry will be adjusted along with any others. We overlook things at times, right?:ganjamon:

I left Gunjababy's pics in the thread, but they won't make it to the poll. There's 2 or 3 entries each month that may not qualify for one reason of the other, but we don't automatically delete them.

Gunjababy has the option of submitting a replacement entry.

All other entries to date are qualified ;)

Don't forget to vote for Nug and Plant of the Year ;)

420 Magazine's Plant of the Year: 2009

420 Magazine's Nug of the Year: 2009

See this is why SOOO MANY love this site. People able to discuss issues and not get heated. I've seen on other forums(back way when I was just observing)people talk mad sh*t, and totally bring the vibe down. Love this place:thanks: 420 !!

I agree man, we can disagree but we don't have to get nasty about it, I like the civil discourse promoted on this site!

Well here's my entry for the month--freshly trimmed from 2 month cured stock of colas--let's give it up for the sweet and lovely Juicy Fruit!

juicy_fruit_fan_dance_009.jpg

juicy_fruit_fan_dance_021.jpg

With a nice creamy lemon/orange undertone to the inhale, this sweetie really cranks the creative brain into high gear, makes everything taste lovely, and gives a wonderful sense of well-being without couchlock. For the active person, this variety delivers a happy, focused high for thinking and acting out of the box. Juicy Fruit seems to get better with a longer cure. Early tastes have a bitterness that is non-existent at the 2 month mark after harvest. All in all, a good sativa dominant hybrid with an indica phenotype....

I dont mean to step on anyone's toes by any means, but gunjababy's isn't the only one that still appears uncured in their pictures. rules apply to everyone, even if they're one of the best on this site. I just know how much time and effort goes into these ladies so keeping it fair for everyone only seems right.

I have noticed in my picture taking of dry buds, is that some of them, though perfectly dry, appear to have wet leaves. I think this has more to do with camera software, and what it picks up that we don't see with our naked eye (like a thin transparent layer of oil/resin,etc). For instance, I had to crank back the saturation of the pics of the Juicy Fruit I just entered in the contest to avoid that "wet look," though they have been sealed and curing for over 2 months--the untouched photos just didn't look like what my eyes see in reality.

Here's an un-altered other than cropping photo of Juicy--not the same one as the one I entered, but to give you an idea of how the camera can do strange things to make a cured bud look different than it appears in real life:

juicy_006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom