• Depot - Purple Kush Auto

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • 36Gr0w - Purple

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Minus - Legacy

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've yet to meet someone on this site that helps growers that don't use the teachers grow methods.

Example, I have bashed on organic growers, organic growers bash us nutrient users, soil bash hydro, hydro bash soil, hi brix is the way or the highway, I'm sure I could go on.

Sure people help, when you kiss their ass.

I&I

Mybad. 420motoco is the only person I've seen here that helps without bashing.

Someone said it est and i wish I copied it.

We are all rebels by nature. We have grown up gardening being rebels so it's only nature that we all believe our way is the elite way.

but the main point is make competitions anonymous or the bashing on this will continue, or they'll take them away and traffic will die down I believe.

But I'm only one mind, and it's usually the 1%

I&I

It would be cool if they didn't show the results till the very end. It would provide more suspense and excitement. Maybe just show how many votes were cast or something. Im really new to this but just think its fun to put a pic up of a nug that I grew. If the plant wasn't so dam ugly I would have put in the POTM contest as well. Maybe July or August I will try again with the next run. Great job everyone! I would love to sample them all :ganjamon:

I've yet to meet someone on this site that helps growers that don't use the teachers grow methods.

Example, I have bashed on organic growers, organic growers bash us nutrient users, soil bash hydro, hydro bash soil, hi brix is the way or the highway, I'm sure I could go on.

Sure people help, when you kiss their ass.

I&I

Mybad. 420motoco is the only person I've seen here that helps without bashing.

You're right most people don't help with other methods than what they use but keep in mind a lot of growers on here only really know the way they grow. Example, I am more than willing to help anyone with a HB kit grow because I feel I know enough about growing with it that I can but anything else I would just be guessing. I would much rather they find someone that can actually help them than me pretend to know and tank their grow :)

You're right most people don't help with other methods than what they use but keep in mind a lot of growers on here only really know the way they grow. Example, I am more than willing to help anyone with a HB kit grow because I feel I know enough about growing with it that I can but anything else I would just be guessing. I would much rather they find someone that can actually help them than me pretend to know and tank their grow :)

I couldn't agree more. But when I don't have any knowledge on organics why am I bashing them? Because I was bashed for using mars hydro lights and for using synthetic nutrients.

So I came here with the peaceful mentality, but when you get bashed by the company of a led for running another led light or bashed by a super soil following base for using my nutrients, no one's helping each other.

It's like I said, "my way is the elite way, your way just works".

I&I

If you spend your time arguing about what method is the "best" you're obviously missing the point of this hobby, or in some people's cases, profession.

To each their own, as long as it gets you high, you've succeeded in my opinion... What matters is you're proud of what you grew.

Again this has been taken, twisted, and turned into what it's not.

This is about a competition having flaws.

And as I have said, with nothing being done traffic will die.

Like you said, I don't need a website competition to tell me my flowers are good. So when youR trying to bring in traffic as a website designer (main reason for these contests), things like this you know to fix.

many will argue that's not what this is about but it started to bring in more members signing up trying to win free 420mag gear and nutrients Which in return brings 420mag recognition and traffic.

Like you said, to each his own.

I&I

I do agree that the contests should be blind without the persons name until the winner is announced but then again that may make it even more competitive and attract even more people to the site. Then arguments could be made for more scientific results and that takes all the fun of participating as a noob right out of it. I think the contests do exactly what is intended which is more community involvement without ridiculous or rigorous protocols on the contest - I think its cool. People get prizes and sponsors get access to people that are growing decent Cannabis. The knowledge of product grown in certain ways and certain methods gets spread which ultimately leads to a larger base of quality grown weed and all sorts of knowledge being disseminated. Its good for everybody.

Hello all. I am writing on behalf of all here in the back room of 420 Magazine. Gfcollective has raised some issues that we feel very strongly about, so we are responding in-thread for all to read. We feel these accusations acutely because we spend considerable time and effort running and monitoring the monthly and annual contests. Frankly, you would not believe what some members have tried in the past to rig the votes. No-one has ever succeeded. So given what we invest in these contests, we'd like to address Gfcollective's specific points.
My only point is this entire contest is a popularity contest
Well, as Graytail points out:
It's not the contest rules, it's the voters.
Show me a true democracy anywhere that is not at least partly influenced by character and personality and I'll show you a dictatorship. So if a member is popular here he or she may well garner more votes. That's just the way democracy is.
I agree with not being allowed to see the voting results prior to voting
420 Magazine strives to be as open and accessible as the challenges of the internet allow. It's up to every individual member whether to check the voting status or not. Restricting this option would be patronising. We believe in free choice and free will.
people not thinking contests are fair and 420mag doesn't care
As I said above, the work that goes on in the back room every month is considerable. As a relatively new Moderator, I can personally refute this unjust claim. Ensuring fair play can take up days of our time.
these contests draw in traffic to your website
Again, I'm afraid that is just plain wrong. The overwhelming number of new members join here for help and advice. Less than 1% claim to have joined in order to win the contests. I mean, how desperate do you have to be to win a 420 Nug Jar? Although they are lovely.

420 Magazine is the best source of cannabis information anywhere. In the 420 spirit of openness and forgiveness, we would like to thank every single one of you for being part of it and helping make it what it is; even, perhaps especially, Gfcollective.

Mr Teddy
:Namaste:

This is an interesting discussion happening.
I kind of agree that results shouldn't be seen while comp is active then release results how you do now at the end of it but it doesn't really stress me either way, the only thing I've really been annoyed at with the nug comp is that store bought nugs can be entered, when alot of members wouldn't have access to a quality medicinal store. Not fair for a lot of people, considering alot spending their time growing it and someone else in a way taking credit for a nug they bought grown by someone else.
At the end of the day though its up to the mods to decide how they're going to run the comps.

Another thing though has anyone else realized that making it anonymous wouldn't really work?
Considering if someone who is popular enters a nug without their name near it, the people following their journal will still know whose nug it is? Plus when pics are uploaded you can see them pop up on the homescreen and also see whose uploading them.
Even just listing strain name next to a photo of an entered nug really gives it away whose it is.
Anyways I guess I'm just ranting on but it kind of shows how impossible it would be for mods to make the comps anonymous.
Hope your all well :)

And what's happening with this comp its a draw, what happens if that happens?

Next month is in for a treat after another week or two curing lol

20150526_140246-1.jpg

Thanks Mr. Teddy. There are always pros and cons to everything. I think the way things are now have way more pros then cons. One hundred percent of people will never be happy and agree on all the same things. What a boring world that would be if we did. Keep up the great work 420 Mag!

That said, If I personally could change one thing it would be to hide the results til the end :) But that's just me. I think that would help with some of the discouragement. I'm good either way. :rollit:

Or you could post who has voted for what. But in all reality it's just for fun. I love showing off my nugs. Too bad cup has been canceled that's a first I really wanted. Last year's second hooked me. Now no cup in wa booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

420 should hold a west coast cup. And a east coast cup. As well as a European cup. Bet some members would get behind this and help. I would.

Free will is defined as the ability to choose between different courses of action. By allowing voters to see all results before the election, they will always have perfect information, yes, but it will always be a biased vote after that glimpse at the votes, guaranteed. A biased vote does not reflect free will, people begin to vote for only the people who have more votes in order to make their own vote count. This is the bias that has to go, so I'm still confused Mr Teddy

Back
Top Bottom