Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Stealthgrow - White Widow

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Ricorico - Mr. Squirryls Cheese

Votes: 15 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

420 Girl

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Winners earn 100 rep points, "Nug of the Month" title and a 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

Nug-Month_new.jpg

Sierra Natural Science Contributes All Of The Following Items To Our 420 Contest Winners.
Doggett Simpson contributes all of the following items to our 420 contest winners.
MagicalButter contributes the following item to our winner.
HBI International contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Smoke Cones contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S. & Canada

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest in January.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Both photos must be of the same strain or batch of nugs. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry.

9. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

10. Editing Photos: You may resize and/or crop your photos, however adding text, images and effects are prohibited. This makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use them.

Consolidated Entries

Icemud - Cookies

notm12.jpg

notm22.jpg

Relaxed Lester - Hong Kong OG

IMG_012227.jpg

photo_59_1.jpg

Cola Monster - The Silver Fox

Untitled_3-1_dragged_1.JPG

Untitled_2-1_dragged_1.JPG

Buckshot - Blue Dream

DSC_4806_bd.jpg

Cronichemphog - Somas NYCD

DSC022001.jpg

20131024_00031.jpg

Cultivator - A.M.S.

20130121_145657.jpg

20130121_145644.jpg

J189RFC - Power Kush

nov_9th_unedited-1.jpg

Spimp - Whiteberry

IMAG06145.jpg

IMAG06237.jpg

Stealthgrow - White Widow

IMG_000187.JPG

IMG_000679.JPG

Ricorico - Mr. Squirryls Cheese

DSCN54001.JPG

DSCN53801.JPG

I guess I will take the honors and post up first. I decided to re-enter my "cookies" from last months contest. These buds are so beautiful and I took such horrible photo's last month I wanted to give it a better capture of what it actually looks like. My camera is pretty old school point and shoot so for close ups this is about the best it gets... This has to be the densest nugs I have ever grown, even compared to my OG's and is so coated with trichomes and sticky.. I definitely love to smoke this one.

notm12.jpg
notm22.jpg

I would like to enter this month my organically outdoor ocean grown Hong Kong OG which is a cross between Sensei Star x Sour Diesel x OG. The cross makes for powerful, and dense nugs that will get even a veteran user where they need to go. Definitely one of the more potent strains out of the garden this year ;)
IMG_012227.jpg
photo_59_1.jpg

For the month of November I'll go with a couple shots of my greenhouse grown & sativa dominant strain named "The Silver Fox" which is a three way mix of Super Silver Haze & Kali Mist crossed with Grand Daddy Purple. Enjoy and good luck mates!:blunt: ~Peace~:ganjamon:

Untitled_3-1_dragged_1.JPG

Untitled_2-1_dragged_1.JPG

Well Cola Monster we both used skulls :cheesygrinsmiley:... weird

Weird or not, bring'in it with a blue dream bud. This girl stunk the whole house up when clipped. Blue dream is a fragrant more daytime strain for me.

DSC_4806_bd.jpg

Buckshot blue dream is one of my fav. day time meds also. When I want to get things done around the house and still have pain relief I will smoke a little blue dream. :thumb:

Buckshot blue dream is one of my fav. day time meds also. When I want to get things done around the house and still have pain relief I will smoke a little blue dream. :thumb:

Or a lot? :cheesygrinsmiley:

3 October 2013

Its my Critical jacks harvest day.

And here is the main cola; here they are when cut off before drying. They are wet at the time.

93 gram wet main cola man, thats cool.. totally 324 gram from one plant.
:cheer:

IMG_47974.JPG
IMG_47992.JPG

-------

edit; sorry man; this content is out of rules.

ok heres my entry for this month
Somas NYCD
3 weeks veg under flouros and 9 weeks bloom under led's dwc bubbler
she gave me just over 4 ounces dried

DSC022001.jpg

20131024_00031.jpg

:Namaste:

Hi everyone. ;)

I thought I would enter my White Widow bud from my recently harvested and dried 1st crop. The Widow has a nice head high which is what I was looking for, and the taste is great, a little piney. Its my favorite strain for the effects, from the three strains I grew (Master Kush, Blue Mystic and White Widow).

Its not the biggest nug from my harvest, I just picked out a nice nug from the top of the jar.
IMG_000187.JPG
IMG_000679.JPG

Just a heads up everyone, we're adding a new guideline to the contests that prohibit photoshopping your photo entries. So I need to ask those of you who have already entered a photoshopped photo in this months contest, to please re-upload the entered photos minus the photoshopping and send me links to them when you have, so that I can edit your entry posts. For those of you not familiar with what "Photoshop" is, it's the program used to add text, images and effects to an existing image, like your name and avatars.
:thanks:

Just a heads up everyone, we're adding a new guideline to the contests that prohibit photoshopping your photo entries. So I need to ask those of you who have already entered a photoshopped photo in this months contest, to please re-upload the entered photos minus the photoshopping and send me links to them when you have, so that I can edit your entry posts. For those of you not familiar with what "Photoshop" is, it's the program used to add text, images and effects to an existing image, like your name and avatars.
:thanks:

:hmmmm: I use Photoshop Elements. My work flow is, adjust levels, boost saturation, re-size and unsharp mask. Is this allowed? If not please remove my image.

edit -- I may crop too...

second edit -- I have uploaded the original, I did re-size it... with photoshop :cheesygrinsmiley:

The way it was stated, it sounds like any altered form of the image will be prohibited, meaning you cannot crop it, or even adjust light levels so the audience can see better. The reason why for the first time I put a water mark recognizing that is my actual authentic photo (as an artist signs their painting) is because of what happened in last months contest. People stealing and eventually using other people's photos seem to be the fad for internet cheaters (not that my photos are anything to write home about). And there would be no way to prove "who is right" if that happened again in the future, if this new prohibition goes into effect.

Just my two cents... anybody have any opinions as to why this is a great idea? I don't see how it gives anyone a spectacular advantage.

:peacetwo:

yea same here I just wanted to put my stamp on it
first time I did it too lol
none of my earlier entries had that but I thought it was nice to have your name on your pic like a watermark or your personal stamp that it is yours

I had posted my reply to 420 girl in this post rather than a pm (I am old and feeble :cheesygrinsmiley:) so I edited it out.

Back
Top Bottom