• Spimp - Whiteberry

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Stealthgrow - White Widow

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Ricorico - Mr. Squirryls Cheese

Votes: 15 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah i agree with the above on the fact that if the nug or plant isnt the owners and proven i wouldnt vote for it either. for me i must be able to see where that product came from, anyone can buy a beautiful nug and submit it for entry, to me that is fraudulent. If the guy/girl that grew it wanted it in a contest they should enter it. But thats why its a voting process, we all have our own ideas of what is right, wrong and what we do and dont like. so just vote for what u do like, that is how your voice will be heard.

Our gallery strips the data off itself, however feel free to do it yourself as well. :thumb:

Some cases in point: if I remove exif data from a submitted photo to remove GPS coordinates is that a violation of the rules? Is it against the rules to remove exif data from a submitted photo? If I remove the exif data for security reasons, then there is no way to determine if the photo was edited for white balance, brightness, hue, contrast, etc by software. If I put a digital watermark on a photo to prevent turds from stealing my photo, is it ineligible?

Is the new rule that the only acceptable photos are ones taken with a pinhole camera made from an old oatmeal box? If I can take bracket exposures, fiddle with white balance settings on my camera, etc am I a cheater?

I still maintain that I want to see the winning nugs or plants growing and documented in quality on-site journals. I refuse to cast my vote for anything less. Whatever the "rules" are, that is how I determine the way I vote.

Just my opinion. :peace:

Hopefully this edit clears up some confusion. :thumb:

10. Editing Photos: You may resize and/or crop your photos, however adding text, images and effects are prohibited. This makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use them.

IMHO, the new rule about editing submitted photos is a good one. There's always gonna be some that complicate it, bitch & whine, & act like some primadonnas.
So?
We've all seen the Wizard of Oz looking photos of buds with beautiful oranges, reds, blues & purps glistening from the screen. But, in reality, the REAL bud was lime green with a few sprinkles of faint orange. So if it wins, its dure to the submittor's software talent imposed on a normal hum drum bud.

Wrong contest, CC :laughtwo: I think :scratchinghead: This new rule sure is confusing :scratchinghead:

? I'm entering the nug, not the plant. Did I screw something up? First time posting in a contest here.

? I'm entering the nug, not the plant. Did I screw something up? First time posting in a contest here.

Yes and no... those shots could be entered in the POTM contest. This one is for "5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form."

very nice though

Yes and no... those shots could be entered in the POTM contest. This one is for "5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form."

very nice though

Ah hah. Can an Admin please remove my entry? I have no pics of her dried. (I needed smoke)!

CC, if you want, you can have this nug of Mr. Squirryls cheese :)

DSCN54001.JPG

DSCN53801.JPG

But you should still enter your Big Bang in POTM as well :thumb:

CC, if you want, you can have this nug of Mr. Squirryls cheese :)

DSCN54001.JPG

DSCN53801.JPG

But you should still enter your Big Bang in POTM as well :thumb:

Lol. Thanks Rico. What are my shipping charges for the replacement buds?

so i debated on chiming in or not, but i have a few concerns about the new rule, cropping is and definatly should be allowed some times theres stuff in the pic that needs not be,and id rather see a little closer than some ugly flip fopped foot with raptor claws that surely clickity clack on the kitchen tile when barefoot!! but this puts growers with junky cameras at a distinct disadvantage i entered for months with my tablet photos shots that were washed out and drab without a little post white balance and saturation added they might as well have been b&w photos never really got close to winning or even capturing in a pic what i was seeing in person, all ive ever done was try to adjust in post to get it to look like what i had sitting in front of me, and i finally got sick of bad photos and bought a new camera took photos nd was blown away at the fact that i no longer needed to edit the white balance or saturation, just a quick crop and slap on my watermark and done baby un huh un huh i like it! now with this new camera i can take amazing shots that have all the polish of a fine studio (providing i read the manual) and bam i win 2 contests same month with shots that were more or less raw images nothing more than cropping and my bid tag in the lower left thats in 99% of all my pics this is my mark to tell you its my pic i shot with my fat irish fingers, that got me thinking if a guy with a lesser cam cant even fix the contrast of his shot hows he gonna compete against these higher end cameras, ?? im not against the rule at all but it seems like now a good camera and the know how to use it will become all but mandatory, i mean theres no way my tablet cam with 5mp can compete with my fujifilm 14mp bridge cam with a gazillion settings that can be adjusted,:thumb:

i mean i can do all sorts of stuff with it at the time of the pic that was not possible when i was using the tablet, i cant help but think the new cam played a big part in my great fortune last month the quality of those pics flat out whooped anything my tab can do and they were shot on full auto mode, these are just my thoughts on it, it does even the playing field post pic, but there exists a severe gap now with low end cam pics not being allowed to fix their inequalities after shooting, i used to have to take the yellow hps glow out after the shot was taken, now my cam does a better job on the fly with custom white balance setting , i know some of you know what im talking about buckshot you and many other know the power of cwb to bring out the real beauty of a garden vs the gawd awful yellow glow, and now with the lovely pink of led that i learned can also just as easily be fixed and some crazy beautiful natural colors revealed
i always support the bosses decisions but this is going to get very interesting with the vast number and wide variances in the cameras we use

i have some pics of the now cured urkle i just shot that are just stunning even just viewing them on the cameras lcd, im not entering anything this month as much as i want to share some of the great pics ive been getting i certainly dont need to compete at this time, i will just put them in the journals, maybe try my luck again in a few months, i must say there are some real beauties so far this month im already torn on what to vote for...:peace::love::Namaste:

Nugtastic all :thumb: Feel all hazzy just eyeing the candy :yummy: Love the tightness of Cults :) but also love the Spimpmeisters......... decisions decisions :loopy::hmmmm:

Hi All:

I'm a relative newbie at 420 magazine and recently completed my first grow. I was very happy with the results and thought to enter one of my buds in the contest. The seed came from bag seed. She was Indica dominant grown indoors under CFL's. She topped out at four feet and produced the best smoke I've ever had - absolutely incredible.

The buds were loosely formed and smelled of sweet fruit and slightly musky. Taste and aroma was very smooth and pleasing to the palate. The effect was very heady and cerebral - uplifting with a mild body buzz. No couch lock whatsoever.

Bud_of_Month_November_2013.jpg

Sticky_Icky_61.jpg

Thanks!

Chazmania

Back
Top Bottom